Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
In search of a MMU primer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
I'm trying to decide which primer to use with mineral makeup. But I'd hate to go through the trial and error process that I've been on with the makeup itself. (I think I have the world's largest collection of tiny screwlid jars from all of the samples I've ordered!) So...what do you suggest I try?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:09 am      Reply with quote
It really all depends on your skin type?
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I am interested in this topic also. Does anyone/Marina have suggestions for a primer for mature, dryish skin? I think of the MMUs I tried I like LaurEss and Uglogirl best.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I love my pearl cream under my MMU. It's fabulous. And it helps to moisturize in all the right places while not overdoing it.

Love it. There are several options: CareKate, I Feel Pretty (www.ifeelprettyproducts.com) and Silken Pearl Products (www.silkenpearl.com).

I'm currently anxiously awaiting for samples from Silken Pearl, then I'll have tried all three.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:40 am      Reply with quote
existential lady wrote:
I am interested in this topic also. Does anyone/Marina have suggestions for a primer for mature, dryish skin? I think of the MMUs I tried I like LaurEss and Uglogirl best.

I'm the mature-but-still-oily skin type. But, Paris mentioned the pearl creams & it seems like a good idea. I know Mary makes one especially for mature/dry skin types. You may like that one..samples are available. I think Carrie makes 2 versions as well..

Sorry, Mary is at silkenpearl.com..I'm waiting for my samples too. I haven't tried the Ifeelpretty but a lot have if want to search.
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, ladies. But who is CareKate? I have been wondering and can't understand. There is Candy, there is Katee, I know the two of you, Marina and Paris Troika (Paris, my daughter has a PhD in Archaelogy and dug in Troy, Sicily and Thy Denmark, but now is a Waldorf teacher as no jobs in her field), but I can't find CareKate. I think I even emailed her, but got no answer. Help??? Laughing
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
existential lady wrote:
Thanks, ladies. But who is CareKate? I have been wondering and can't understand. There is Candy, there is Katee, I know the two of you, Marina and Paris Troika (Paris, my daughter has a PhD in Archaelogy and dug in Troy, Sicily and Thy Denmark, but now is a Waldorf teacher as no jobs in her field), but I can't find CareKate. I think I even emailed her, but got no answer. Help??? Laughing

TROY?!?!?! That's is awesome!!!! Yes, jobs are hard to come by, luckily I'm in AZ where we do a lot of Cultural Resource Management (we deal with the archaeological heritage of the American Southwest through the protection of sites and through salvage archaeology, as we usually are surveying and excavating because they want to put a building, road, development there). After I move from AZ in about a year, I'll be in the same boat...trying to find a job in my actual field (Archaeology of the Middle East).

As for CareKate...from what I gather she is swamped right now with life in general. If you want to start trying pearl creams, you might want to go for the other two (IFP is quite nice, can't wait to try Silken Pearl!)...you can buy samples from both places.

Smile Tell your daughter she ROCKS!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Paris, and good luck to you on your chosen career path! I will try the other pearl primer sites. But still: who is Carekate, what is she??? She doesn't come up in my google at all. Curiosity killed the cat, etc. Smile
LilLoco
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Not Paris, but CareKate is a long-standing forum member who knows incredible amounts about a variety of skincare and hair topics. If you do a search for her posts here, you'll come up with MANY!

A short while back, she started selling some of the products from her DIY formulations -- and getting rave reviews. I have not yet tried her products, but I've tried numerous recommendations of hers (such as rinsing hair with apple cider vinegar) and never been disappointed! HTH

As far as a makeup primer, I've tried many but none seems to accomplish the smooth look I crave. I think my problem with MMU has been overapplication as opposed to needing a primer.
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I know ABOUT Care Kate and her post, but where do you get her products? That's what I can't seem to find out. You all seem to know, but I don't and I don't find her anywhere. Like eventually I figured out that Candy waswww.candessence.com but for this maven of skincare I cannot find anything except posts. And is she the same as Carrie? I want to be in the loop, too. ](*,) I have asked this question, this must be the third time, and receive no answer. Is it a secret??? :)
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Going back to the original question about primers - I too use silken pearl paste and the silken pearl primer (lovely silk + pearl powder + some other ingredients) under MMU. Those two work really well as MMU primers.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
existential lady wrote:
Oh, I know ABOUT Care Kate and her post, but where do you get her products? That's what I can't seem to find out. You all seem to know, but I don't and I don't find her anywhere. Like eventually I figured out that Candy waswww.candessence.com but for this maven of skincare I cannot find anything except posts. And is she the same as Carrie? I want to be in the loop, too. Brick wall I have asked this question, this must be the third time, and receive no answer. Is it a secret??? Smile

Yes, Carrie is CareKate. If you want, you can PM me your email address and I'll send you her most recent product list and her email address.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Paris, Marina, and Rubby, sounds like pearl cream it is...
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:27 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
existential lady wrote:

TROY?!?!?! That's is awesome!!!! Yes, jobs are hard to come by, luckily I'm in AZ where we do a lot of Cultural Resource Management (we deal with the archaeological heritage of the American Southwest through the protection of sites and through salvage archaeology, as we usually are surveying and excavating because they want to put a building, road, development there). After I move from AZ in about a year, I'll be in the same boat...trying to find a job in my actual field (Archaeology of the Middle East).

As for CareKate...from what I gather she is swamped right now with life in general. If you want to start trying pearl creams, you might want to go for the other two (IFP is quite nice, can't wait to try Silken Pearl!)...you can buy samples from both places.

Smile Tell your daughter she ROCKS!

WAIT!!! More on the daughter, please? I'd love to teach at a Waldorf school!!! Where is she??

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Paris, I think you should PM me, as we're off skincare by now. All I can say on the forum is that all that time in the sun digging in hot climates, except for Denmark, hasn't ruined her skin yet, not totally, but I do buy her (and myself)Remergent DNA repair cream. Now if I could just get her to use it every night! Look out for your skin in Arizona.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Marina:
Have you tried Bioelements Recovery Serum as a primer under MMU? It has a silky feel, but sinks in quickly and leaves a slightly matte finish, so the MMU doesn't slide right off and the "oilies" don't show up uninvited at mid-day!
Ingr:cyclopentasiloxand, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl cocoate, Dimethiconol, Ceramide 3, Phenyl trimethicone, Sphingolipids, Cholesterol, dioctyl succinate, Caprylic/Capric triglyceride, Matricaria(chamomile) extract, Lavandula hybrida(lavandin oil, Squalane.
Also, Lumiere's Perfecting Primer is a steal at ~$18 and lists as ingr: Cyclopentasiloxone and alkyl cetecryl dimethicone crosspolymer, squalane, silk amino acids and coQ10.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
This primer looks interesting....

http://www.skinactives.com/products/celestite.htm

Also COQ10 I love. I use it on my eyes under eye make up. Works really well.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Sandra: Yes! I forgot about the Celestite primer! (Product overload lately!) I have been using it mid-day as a spritz over makeup to tighten things up and refresh, and I love it! Thanks for reminding me!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
4sons, it's only tonight I realized it was you actually asking about Waldorf.
They are private elementary and some high schools that subscribe to the ideas of Rudolph Steiner who was a genius and an anthroposophist (lived around the turn of the 19th C.) in Austria. One has to go through their teacher training, but I am very impressed by their philosophy. It's against materialism and for spirituality; for learning through rhythm and through the body; anti competition and such. I think it has done wonders for my 3 grandchildren who attend. My daughter took her training at Sunbridge in NY state and teaches in Rhode Island, but there are many teacher training sites as well as many schools around the country. Hope you investigate it through google. Sorry for the mix-up. Wonderful to have 4 sons!
Dora
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried Jane Iredale Absence Oil Control Primer ?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:48 am      Reply with quote
For me, Sofina Perfect UV Nuance is the perfect primer, plus it's a sunscreen as well - two for the price of one! It's perfect for under MMU.
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:50 am      Reply with quote
existential lady wrote:
4sons, it's only tonight I realized it was you actually asking about Waldorf.
They are private elementary and some high schools that subscribe to the ideas of Rudolph Steiner who was a genius and an anthroposophist (lived around the turn of the 19th C.) in Austria. One has to go through their teacher training, but I am very impressed by their philosophy. It's against materialism and for spirituality; for learning through rhythm and through the body; anti competition and such. I think it has done wonders for my 3 grandchildren who attend. My daughter took her training at Sunbridge in NY state and teaches in Rhode Island, but there are many teacher training sites as well as many schools around the country. Hope you investigate it through google. Sorry for the mix-up. Wonderful to have 4 sons!

Thank you! Yes, it is wonderful to have four sons ... I highly recommend lots of kids although I would have never said that until they arrived! Laughing I'm from NY but now live in MI Confused ... will google Waldorf. When I was working on my M.Ed I read some MINOR stuff about the schools as they are into constructivism. Totally off topic. But my sincere thanks. I'm ready for a career change ... teach in a for profit charter and it is NOT for me. I'm soooo non-profit!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:41 am      Reply with quote
flitcraft, a great primer for oily skin underneath mineral makeup is 100% silk dust from Everyday Minerals. It actually works well for all skin types because silk balances itself to your skin.

For those no makeup days, I'll dust on a light layer of silk dust over Juice Beauty tinted spf moisturizer to absorb the shine.

I've been using this combination for 6 months now - don't know if it's the combination of new skincare products I've been trying or the fact that I'm no longer using conventional makeup, but my skin looks better at 42 than it did in my 30's [after much trial and error, of course! Very Happy ]

Peace and luck always,

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Dora
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:01 am      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
flitcraft, a great primer for oily skin underneath mineral makeup is 100% silk dust from Everyday Minerals. It actually works well for all skin types because silk balances itself to your skin.

For those no makeup days, I'll dust on a light layer of silk dust over Juice Beauty tinted spf moisturizer to absorb the shine.

I've been using this combination for 6 months now - don't know if it's the combination of new skincare products I've been trying or the fact that I'm no longer using conventional makeup, but my skin looks better at 42 than it did in my 30's [after much trial and error, of course! Very Happy ]

Peace and luck always,

Sounds great! Where to buy it?
lonevoice
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Sandra: Yes! I forgot about the Celestite primer! (Product overload lately!) I have been using it mid-day as a spritz over makeup to tighten things up and refresh, and I love it! Thanks for reminding me!

I'd never heard of it before this post, but the Celestite does look quite interesting. The posts on the SA forum also look very favorable. I like the idea of a primer that also has treatment benefits. You mention using it mid-day over makeup. Have you used it as a primer? If so, how does it do under MMU?

TIA

Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |