Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Review: Miessence mascara & foundation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
For those of you not familiar with the Miessence brand, it is Australian, and totally 100% natural and organic ingredients are used in all their products. The website is a wealth of information and I got tempted into purchasing a mascara & foundation samples. The company's structure is similar to Mary Kay (reps earn commission, etc...).

Unfortunately, I am (so far) really not impressed with the products I ordered. And it is such a let down too! I used the mascara for the first time this morning. The brush is odd (really thin) and doesn't dispense much product at a time. Even after 3 generous coats, my lashes barely register on my face! And just by the time I got into work, I had flakes on my upper cheeks... ugh! Mad

As for the foundation samples, 2 of them were expired for sure because the foundation inside was sponge-like and very odd. Not to mention that even the foundation that looked ok was SO greasy, even I, with dry skin, could not have dealt with that on my face all day.

I'm really quite dissapointed because I had such high hopes for this all-natural organic skincare & makeup line... Sad

And so the search continues...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Gotta -- Have you contacted your rep to try to return the stuff? I hope you won't keep it if you aren't happy with it -- probably not inexpensive to buy. Even if you get a credit towards other stuff (I've heard some of the skincare and haircare stuff is decent), better to try to find something you like more than settle. I appreciate your posting -- there are several links I've followed (I think from OneGroup or similar name) that lead to Miessence stuff and some of the makeup caught my eye. I think I'll pass based on your experience.
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:51 am      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
Gotta -- Have you contacted your rep to try to return the stuff? I hope you won't keep it if you aren't happy with it -- probably not inexpensive to buy. Even if you get a credit towards other stuff (I've heard some of the skincare and haircare stuff is decent), better to try to find something you like more than settle. I appreciate your posting -- there are several links I've followed (I think from OneGroup or similar name) that lead to Miessence stuff and some of the makeup caught my eye. I think I'll pass based on your experience.

marci, the foundation I bought were samples, so thankfully they were not too expensive ($2 a pop), but you're right, I will send them an email and try to get it replaced with a fresh batch! Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
When I first learnt about the Miessence range, I thought it would be my HG because it was entirely natural and apparently "high performance"..

I have been very disappointed with most of their products, in terms of formulation and effect.

They are very limited in the range of ingredients they can use - and safflower oil is the most common base in most of their face care and makeup products..

Have you tried Jurlique and Dr Hauschka liquid foundations?
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:03 am      Reply with quote
Im not a huge makeup wearer, but I do like some of there products that I have tried. I am a lipgloss and mascara girl and there mascara is absolute cr*p in my opinion, the gloss are great very smooth, hydrating but just dont seem to last very long. I have purchased on of there foundations the newer one or reformulated and it goes on very nicely. There eyeliners and eyeshadows are very nice and smooth also with fairly good staying power
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the foundation and hated it. It was gloppy and sat on my face like a mask.

gottaHAVEitALL wrote:
For those of you not familiar with the Miessence brand, it is Australian, and totally 100% natural and organic ingredients are used in all their products. The website is a wealth of information and I got tempted into purchasing a mascara & foundation samples. The company's structure is similar to Mary Kay (reps earn commission, etc...).

Unfortunately, I am (so far) really not impressed with the products I ordered. And it is such a let down too! I used the mascara for the first time this morning. The brush is odd (really thin) and doesn't dispense much product at a time. Even after 3 generous coats, my lashes barely register on my face! And just by the time I got into work, I had flakes on my upper cheeks... ugh! Mad

As for the foundation samples, 2 of them were expired for sure because the foundation inside was sponge-like and very odd. Not to mention that even the foundation that looked ok was SO greasy, even I, with dry skin, could not have dealt with that on my face all day.

I'm really quite dissapointed because I had such high hopes for this all-natural organic skincare & makeup line... Sad

And so the search continues...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi y'all,

I had tried to post as a new thread by accident because I had the brand name wrong, so here's me quoting my prior review of them. Needless to say, I was unimpressed, but I'll be interested to see feedback from others.

ginnielizz wrote:
Hi all,

I recently started trying out a couple products by MiEssencia that were being sold at my favorite organic restaurant, and the hype the waitress and owner gave was enough to get me to buy the mascara and the lip balm in one shot. Turns out these two items were some of the worst formulas I've ever seen - the mascara was super-liquid so it didn't cling to your lashes and it would splatter all over your face, plus the packaging fell apart right away. And the lip balm had a really grainy texture and had too much wax in the formula so it would barely come out of the tube if it hadn't been warming in your pocket - I saw the seam starting to split at the bottom from having squeezed it so much. All in all, I was SO unimpressed.

But I don't want that to be the be all and end all, I'm interested in finding out more about the brand and anyone else's experiences. I believe it's an Australian brand. Has anyone else tried their stuff? I'm very picky about ingredients and the actual contents of the stuff seemed very high quality, but without the formulation to match I just wasn't thrilled! I'm all ears, though.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |