Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

liquid/gel cheek tints - lorac and jemma kidd
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
has anyone tried either the lorac sheer wash or the jemma kidd rosy glow lip and cheek tint? i'm looking for something to wear on bare skin for a flushed, natural look . . .
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
I had the lorac sheer wash in emotion -- I found it a bit too bright. It's a little hard to control too, so it was easy to go overboard. I prefer cream/gel, like tarte cheekstains, or my new HG Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Moist Glow.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
i agree that lorac sheer washes can be bright, and streaky to boot. i wanted to love them since i love almost everything lorac; i even used them for several years, but if I wasn't tan they did not look very good.
Becca's cream blushes and Lancome's magic mousse are the most elegant formulations I've come across in a non-powder blush. and Tarte flush sticks are CERTAINLY the worst--add sticky tacky candy to lorac's probs, and there you go.

As for Jemma Kidd, never tried it!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
i'm also quite drawn to the natural ingredients in the 100% pure (purity cosmetics) lip and cheek tints - they're also more like a cream than a gel, per se. i know amylola here likes the sugar plum color, anybody else tried it?
havana8

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
I had the lorac sheer wash in emotion -- I found it a bit too bright. It's a little hard to control too, so it was easy to go overboard. I prefer cream/gel, like tarte cheekstains, or my new HG Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Moist Glow.

waffle, what were the colours that worked for you in the Tarte gel blushes?

edited to add: oops! just found the answer to my question here on page 4 where you listed the colours... thanks!
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=224827&highlight=tarte#224827
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:23 am      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
... I prefer cream/gel, like tarte cheekstains, or my new HG Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Moist Glow.

Waffle (I swear, everytime I see your screenname, I picture a Belgian waffle with whipped cream and strawberries! My favorite!), what shade of the Aucoin Creamy Moist Glow do you use, and how would you describe your own coloring? Also, do you use MMU? I can't imagine that putting a cream blush over a powder makeup would work - sounds like I'd end up with a streaky, cakey mess.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:26 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
waffle wrote:
... I prefer cream/gel, like tarte cheekstains, or my new HG Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Moist Glow.

Waffle (I swear, everytime I see your screenname, I picture a Belgian waffle with whipped cream and strawberries! My favorite!), what shade of the Aucoin Creamy Moist Glow do you use, and how would you describe your own coloring? Also, do you use MMU? I can't imagine that putting a cream blush over a powder makeup would work - sounds like I'd end up with a streaky, cakey mess.

oh my, creamy moist glow--what a NAME! I must try it. Re: MMU, it can be tricky, but maybe you can apply it UNDER the MMU and blend a bit more thinly over the blush--I would think it takes some experimentation but could look gorgeous in the end... I do indeed rub my JH cheekie over my finishing powder; but I'm not looking for coverage, just SS shine reduction. HTH!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:28 am      Reply with quote
I was interested in the Jemma Kidd Tint, I also love the Cheek Tints by Pixi. I've been using them for years and they're great for using on your cheeks but especially good for adding a bit of colour to your lips.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:52 am      Reply with quote
What about the LE Revlon gel blushes, has anybody used/tried them yet? I've been lemming a few products in LE range, but haven't had a chance to go have a play around with the testers in store yet. Sad

Other than that I have only used the ModelCo gel blushes which I didn't like much, as the range of shades was quite limited.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
waffle wrote:

I use the tansoleil/apricot and liquifuschia/hot pink. I will be getting the 3rd color which is more of a baby pink soon. I have pretty neutral coloring but lean towards warm. I think the liquifuschia would be ok on most colorings actually, very nice on pale girls especially. Tansoleil is more for warm colors but is amazing for warming up neutral skin, I LOVE it with my fair skin and freckles.
As far as MMU goes, I generally don't apply it to my cheeks, so I'm not positive. Carekate bought the tansoleil and said the MMU looked great OVER it. It's not sticky at all so I imagine it goes over just fine -- you use so little (the stuff is uber concentrated) that there's not much for MMU to really stick to and get streaky. If you search for the thread on "best peachy blush" I think a couple of people comment on MMU and the kevyn aucoin. HTH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:30 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
waffle wrote:

waffle, what were the colours that worked for you in the Tarte gel blushes?

edited to add: oops! just found the answer to my question here on page 4 where you listed the colours... thanks!
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=224827&highlight=tarte#224827

havana, those are the colors I own, but I've tried all of them so if you have any questions about which ones are good for what skin tones, let me know!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:14 am      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
MermaidGirl wrote:
waffle wrote:

I use the tansoleil/apricot and liquifuschia/hot pink. I will be getting the 3rd color which is more of a baby pink soon. I have pretty neutral coloring but lean towards warm. I think the liquifuschia would be ok on most colorings actually, very nice on pale girls especially. Tansoleil is more for warm colors but is amazing for warming up neutral skin, I LOVE it with my fair skin and freckles.
As far as MMU goes, I generally don't apply it to my cheeks, so I'm not positive. Carekate bought the tansoleil and said the MMU looked great OVER it. It's not sticky at all so I imagine it goes over just fine -- you use so little (the stuff is uber concentrated) that there's not much for MMU to really stick to and get streaky. If you search for the thread on "best peachy blush" I think a couple of people comment on MMU and the kevyn aucoin. HTH!

i'm fair - lumiere mmu mix of light cool and light beige - so i guess i tend toward cool, but with freckles. which one(s) of the k.a. moist glow colors do you think would work well?
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:40 am      Reply with quote
sark -- I think probably the liquifischia would be your best bet if you are really cool toned -- it is literally screaming hot pink fuschia in the pot but goes on very natural. I got the liquifuschia in a swap though, and although I do love it it's really the apricot that's my HG. It's worth going for if you are really looking for a seamless flush -- it has no shimmer and although it's called creamy moist glow, it's not that moist. I think the main attraction is just the way it just seems to look less like blush and more like a glow.
you might be able to pull off the apricot with freckles though. I think it really makes my freckles cute, because the apricot gives my skin a sunny glow. I would say if you are truly a beigey skin tone with a relatively neutral hair color you'd probably be good with the apricot. I just wouldn't recommend for pinker skin.
If you order off drugstore.com, I think they have a color guarantee thingy so you could at least return it if you don't like it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Waffle and Avalange, thank you for your input. I would never have thought to put the blush UNDER my MMU! That's brilliant!
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
sark -- I think probably the liquifischia would be your best bet if you are really cool toned -- it is literally screaming hot pink fuschia in the pot but goes on very natural. I got the liquifuschia in a swap though, and although I do love it it's really the apricot that's my HG. It's worth going for if you are really looking for a seamless flush -- it has no shimmer and although it's called creamy moist glow, it's not that moist. I think the main attraction is just the way it just seems to look less like blush and more like a glow.
you might be able to pull off the apricot with freckles though. I think it really makes my freckles cute, because the apricot gives my skin a sunny glow. I would say if you are truly a beigey skin tone with a relatively neutral hair color you'd probably be good with the apricot. I just wouldn't recommend for pinker skin.
If you order off drugstore.com, I think they have a color guarantee thingy so you could at least return it if you don't like it.

have you tried the pravella yet? i was thinking perhaps that might be better for fair skin than liquifuschia?
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
sark, I haven't tried that one yet -- but I want to. I am fair, and the liquifushia looks very nice on me. It really is so sheer -- I think the difference is more that that the pravella will look more a warm summer day pink and the liquifuschia is more a just came in from the cold color.
both of the other two are so wearable, I can't imagine this color will be any different! But I don't know if I should spend the money on that one, since I really love the apricot best.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
I looooovvvvve Kevyn Aucoin's Creamy Moist Glow in Tansoleil (Apricot). It gives me the healthiest looking wash of color on my cheeks, and my makeup routine is not complete without it!
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
i always feel liquid Cheek Tints is difficult to control to apply for the face
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
well, i gave in and ordered both of the pinks from drugstore.com, since you can always return makeup there with free shipping Smile figured that's the easiest way to know for sure which one i like more . . .
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |