Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Moisturizer for mature dry to normal skin to use under MMU
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Before EDS I used Sothys Lift Defense Velours moisturizing cream and was happy with it, especially in the winter. However, the last batch I got I could swear they changed the formula. It feels as if it has AHA's in it. So I was already looking for something new when I encountered MMU which I am experimenting with and generally really like and hope to use most days. But all of a sudden I now don't know what to wear under it. I need something to help it adhere, but what? I have tried Decleor Hydrofloral, but I think it's too scented and by the end of the day brings on some allergic reaction. I have been using Elizabeth Arden Conditioning Moisturizer with SPF 15, but it's not quite the thing either. Does anyone have some realistic suggestion for me? I've tried my daughter's Dermalogica and Dr. Hauschka and they are not rich enough. Please help. I have to go to Italy in a few weeks for a Book Fair and have to have this question resolved before then. Confused Totally confused.
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:58 am      Reply with quote
In other words, has anyone found anything that is specifically good (rich, but not so rich that MMU adheres too much)for use under MMU? Or do you all just use SS???
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:21 am      Reply with quote
existential lady wrote:
Before EDS I used Sothys Lift Defense Velours moisturizing cream and was happy with it, especially in the winter. However, the last batch I got I could swear they changed the formula. It feels as if it has AHA's in it. So I was already looking for something new when I encountered MMU which I am experimenting with and generally really like and hope to use most days. But all of a sudden I now don't know what to wear under it. I need something to help it adhere, but what? I have tried Decleor Hydrofloral, but I think it's too scented and by the end of the day brings on some allergic reaction. I have been using Elizabeth Arden Conditioning Moisturizer with SPF 15, but it's not quite the thing either. Does anyone have some realistic suggestion for me? I've tried my daughter's Dermalogica and Dr. Hauschka and they are not rich enough. Please help. I have to go to Italy in a few weeks for a Book Fair and have to have this question resolved before then. Confused Totally confused.

I looked up the ingredients for the Sothys:

Ingredients:
Antiglyskin: The extract of Sunflower, rich in phenolic acid. It acts as a very strong anti-oxidant by trapping free radicals and limiting the oxidation reaction. This extract acts directly on the glycation phenomenon by strengthening the elastic fibers of the skin.

Proteasyl: A vegetal peptide obtained by the extraction of pea, it works to reinforce cutaneous firmness and improve cell regeneration. It also works to reduce the appearance of fine lines.

Photopreventine: The extract of white lupine, rich in oligosaccharides, is used to reinforce the skin's protection barrier.

Liposomed Vitamin C: Anti free-radical. Stimulates cellular metabolism.

Shea Butter: Nourishing and hydrating, for extra comfort.

Back to the Decleor. I can't stand the smell of the Hydrofloral but there are two candidates that you could get samples for:

Decleor Nutri-Delice Meltingly Soft Nourishing Cream

or the:

Decleor Nutri-Delice Delicious Ultra-Nourishing Cream

I have had no problems with either cream and can tolerate the smell. They also have a sensitive skin line that just may not be emolient enough for you. One more that might do it but is more costly is:

Decleor - Expérience de L'Âge Triple Action Rich Cream

As I said before try and get some samples to see if any of them will work for you. Razz
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:49 am      Reply with quote
thank you so much, Rufus, esp. for analyzing the ingredients for me! If the Sothys didn't change, then perhaps my post Remergent DNA repair skin did. I have never had such clean-feeling,soft skin before. Friends and relatives are jealous! I will try the other Decleor's that you suggest and post as to how they agree with me. Smile
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
existential lady wrote:
thank you so much, Rufus, esp. for analyzing the ingredients for me! If the Sothys didn't change, then perhaps my post Remergent DNA repair skin did. I have never had such clean-feeling,soft skin before. Friends and relatives are jealous! I will try the other Decleor's that you suggest and post as to how they agree with me. Smile

Do you still use the Remergent DNA? I've heard lots about it and have been on the fence about trying it.
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I have been using the Remergent DNA repair since January and really like it. It faded perhaps 50% of my sun spots (somebody here called them that and it sounds so much better than age spots, so I've adopted it, too), meaning each spot became 50% lighter. But now progress seems to be less dramatic and I don't know if it will go any further. It also reduces the depth of lines around my eyes. If you run your fingers over them, you can feel them, but they are deeper under the skin, so the surface layer looks much better. The skin is very soft and smooth in general. I take a break from it maybe 2 times a week, then I can really see that it is doing lots for brightness and such as well. There was a long thread about Remergent DNA repair since I've been here. Suggest you look it up.
Back to my moisturizer question: I have been using OSEA products and like the trial size for dry skin a lot and wonder if their rather expensive Advanced Protection Cream would be good under MMU. Or is it too light. Don't know, hard to tell from small sample.
What do you use for moisturizing and do you wear MMU?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |