Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Neostrata - good for sensitive skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jjb
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! My derm carries Neostrata and I wanted to see what all of you think of the line before I take the plunge! Have any of you with sensitive skin used any particular products with good results? Thanks!
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
I've use neostrata before- the gycolic acid creams (8% and 10%)
They really make your skin smooth, but they do sting a bit. I found them a bit greasy as well so I bought the lotion version of the 8% glycolic acid cream- didn't work as well as the cream.

I noticed a definate change in my skin after a week (really soft and smooth). But I am acne prone and it did cause me to break out a bit more often than i usually do.

I also tried their at home skin peel for acne prone skin- didn't see any changes after 5 times.
jjb
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info. Very Happy ! I'm hesitant to try it if you noticed stinging or an increase in breakouts - that's usually not a good sign if you're already sensitive. Also, 5 tries with no noticeable results is very telling as well - that should have been long enough to at least see a little change!
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I had a very bad reaction to this product. I have sensitive skin that doesn't tolerate many products and Neostrata is one of them.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
Lara1 wrote:
I had a very bad reaction to this product. I have sensitive skin that doesn't tolerate many products and Neostrata is one of them.

Yikes - thanks for the warning! This is all so helpful to know - I'm so tired of having to go through rounds of trying something, reacting, waiting to clear, then trying something else, etc... Rolling Eyes I think I'll just have to tell my derm no thanks if they try to sell it to me this time!
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:33 am      Reply with quote
I have sensitive skin and currently use Neostrata right now. It is ok for me. And I do see changes on my face which is smoother and tighter.
jjb
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:48 am      Reply with quote
vikki_cooler wrote:
I have sensitive skin and currently use Neostrata right now. It is ok for me. And I do see changes on my face which is smoother and tighter.

Thanks vikki_cooler - I guess that just proves that everyone's different Very Happy ! Maybe if my derm has samples, I can afford a little patch test somewhere inconspicuous - I know he really likes the line, but I'm always so skeptical these days!
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:09 am      Reply with quote
JJB,
Definately try out some samples if you can- you never know- this might turn out to be your HG line.

Like you said- everybody is different. I wish my skin wouldn't break out from the glycolic acid creams- because they make your skin unbelievably smooth.
CG
jjb
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
Canadian Girl wrote:
JJB,
Definately try out some samples if you can- you never know- this might turn out to be your HG line.

Like you said- everybody is different. I wish my skin wouldn't break out from the glycolic acid creams- because they make your skin unbelievably smooth.
CG

I will definitely ask if they have any next week when I'm there - especially of the glycolic creams. Smooth skin... wouldn't that be nice!
lululun
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
vikki_cooler wrote:

Hi, Vikki
What products do you use?
Velvettt
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:20 am      Reply with quote
I used Neostrata products for several years and my skin loved them. I would still be using them now if I hadn't moved to Texas where they were not available, at least not 3 yrs ago when I moved here. My skin is oily, acne-prone and mature. I used a cleanser, toner, moisturizer, mask and eye cream from them.
histeric
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:54 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Canadian Girl"]JJB,

CG[/quote]

Canadian Girl, could you let us know how to get samples before buying the full size? Do you need to go to local store to get them?
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
histeric wrote:
Canadian Girl wrote:
JJB,

CG

Canadian Girl, could you let us know how to get samples before buying the full size? Do you need to go to local store to get them?

Hi,
Last time I just got samples of the creams from my local shoppers drug mart. But I do find that if you go to the shoppers drug mart boutique stores they are more generous with their samples than the regular shoppers drug mart stores. Correct me if I am wrong- but I think that shopper's drug mart stores are only in Canada. Or if your derm carries the line, just ask them for samples.
HTH
CG
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:24 am      Reply with quote
My daughter has sensitive skin, and used the NeoStrata for quite awhile.She quite liked it, and it came recommedned by her dermotologist. She had no bad reactions at all.
Dora
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:34 am      Reply with quote
Bionic line is gentle
araia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:01 am      Reply with quote
My skin is quite sensitive, and I didn´t experience any problems with the Bionic line. I like the bionic serum.
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:56 am      Reply with quote
lululun wrote:
vikki_cooler wrote:

Hi, Vikki
What products do you use?

Hi, lululun
I am using Ultra Moisturizing Face Cream - PHA 10 and the PHA 4 Eye Cream.
I should also mention that I only use the 2 products at night. I am still a little afraid of the side effects of AHA.
jjb
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
luvyourskin wrote:
My daughter has sensitive skin, and used the NeoStrata for quite awhile.She quite liked it, and it came recommedned by her dermotologist. She had no bad reactions at all.

luvyourskin, do you remember which products she was using? I've got an appointment tomorrow, so I am going to try and ask for some samples. Thanks!!
jjb
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
araia wrote:
My skin is quite sensitive, and I didn´t experience any problems with the Bionic line. I like the bionic serum.

Thanks Dora and araia! I hadn't heard of the Bionic line... is it branded and sold alongside other Neostrata products?
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Dora and araia I have very senstive skin and have been considering some of the products from the Bionic line. Can the both of you describe your skin types, if you are acne prone and what products from the Bionic line you have tried? Thanks.

jjb the Bionic line is branded as Neostrata and I have seen a few websites and on all of them it is sold right alongside the other Neostrata products. They call it "bionic" because it has Lactobionic Acid. Here is a link to Dermstore where I did a search for the Bionic products.

http://www.dermstore.com/list_Bionic_500080.htm
araia
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi Theresa,
I really have to be careful with the products I choose for my skin routine, and I didn´t experience any problems with the bionic serum, which is the only product I have used from that line.I have been using it for about 5 months. I used to have problems with acne in the past, but not now.
After using the serum, my skin looks brighter, more even and well hydrated. When my skin doesn´t like a product, it affecs inmediately my skin hydration.
Hope it helps.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:05 am      Reply with quote
That was a big help araia. Smile I am glad that you mentioned that part about hydration because I also have the same problem with hydration when I use soemthing that my skin doesn't like. I always had problems in the past with AHAs dehydrating my skin so that was a big concern of mine. I am glad to know that the Bionic serum did not cause this problem for you. Thanks.
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Neostrata AHA lotion. I have sensitive skin, hence, I use AHA lotion only on body. I use AHA10 normally, and AHA15 on rougher parts of the bodies such as elbows, knees and back. I have to say they indeed make the skin smoother and brighter.
jjb
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
Dora and araia I have very senstive skin and have been considering some of the products from the Bionic line. Can the both of you describe your skin types, if you are acne prone and what products from the Bionic line you have tried? Thanks.

jjb the Bionic line is branded as Neostrata and I have seen a few websites and on all of them it is sold right alongside the other Neostrata products. They call it "bionic" because it has Lactobionic Acid. Here is a link to Dermstore where I did a search for the Bionic products.

http://www.dermstore.com/list_Bionic_500080.htm

Thanks for the info. Very Happy ! I'm very curious now since it sounds like some of you other sensitive types have had luck with this line. I definitely going to look into it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |