Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
AT HOME MICRODERMABRASION???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
babs1031
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried a great at home microdermabrasion kit or scrub? I have tried Patricia Wexler's, Pure Skins and Neutrogena, all OK but not too impressed. Love to hear about others experiences.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Dr. Brandt's was good, but it was pretty expensive too, $75.00. I just bought Derma e's microdermabrasion scrub. It had good ratings fromwww.makeupalley.com. I tried it lastnight. I need to give it more time to find out if I like it.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:10 am      Reply with quote
I tried the PTR one a while back but it didn't really seem much different to a "normal" scrub.

I've had microdermabrasion done quite a few times over the years and just don't see how you can replicate the results with a scrub type product? Well, I wish you could but for me nothing beats the sand blasting of a good microdermabrasion Laughing
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:37 am      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
I tried the PTR one a while back but it didn't really seem much different to a "normal" scrub.

I've had microdermabrasion done quite a few times over the years and just don't see how you can replicate the results with a scrub type product? Well, I wish you could but for me nothing beats the sand blasting of a good microdermabrasion Laughing

I agree it isn't the same. They are in essence just scrubs.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the Neutrogena one also. I didn't mind it, but I never finished the jar. I now just use the EpidermxII and am seeing results much quicker. I was actually cleaning out the bathroom cabinet (to make room for more stuff *sigh*) and came across the Neutrogena. I'm going to use it up on my neck.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the Roc micro.
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
i have tried Neutrogena and Loreal ... EpidermxII beats them and it ain't expensive ... i got it for $22 something atwww.goldportbeauty.com.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Rufus wrote:
I've used the Roc micro.

What did you think of it, Rufus?
Mardy Bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
I use skin doctors micro dermabrasion it says you see the best results after 10 times but I see results after two. This makes my skin feel sooo smooth its really nice and lasts a long time.
mystiqkal
5% products discount

Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
i tried a microdermabrasion from susan (forgot her last name) that I bought from an infomercial (i know im horrible). anyways it worked really well to get off all the dead skin and make your skin smooth. i think it cost me $60
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
mystiqkal wrote:
i tried a microdermabrasion from susan (forgot her last name) that I bought from an infomercial (i know im horrible). anyways it worked really well to get off all the dead skin and make your skin smooth. i think it cost me $60

Were you referring to Susan Lucci, the actress from All My Children? I wanted to try her set for a while but then my friend ordered it and said it was no good.

I ordered Epidermx II this week and I can't wait to try it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:04 am      Reply with quote
I bought the Dermanew systen when it first came out. It worked okay, but I wasn't blown away. I paid more than a hundred dollars for it at the time and now they have a $20 system for sale at Costco. At that price, if you're curious, it wouldn't hurt to give it a try to see how it works for you. And with Costco's awesome return policy, if you don't like it, you can always return it.
mper1327
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:47 am      Reply with quote
I use Physician's Complex dermabrasion cream. It is AWESOME!!!! It has so many good things for your skin as well as the oxide crystals used in microdermabrasion. When you rub uniformly, you really do feel like you are getting the same thing. It can be too harsh on sensitive skins, I think though. My skin is definately pink afterwards, but like with office microderm, it fades after about an hour or so. In addition to the magnesium oxide crystals:

Water, Grape Seed Extract, Caprylic/Capric Tri Glycerides, Gylcerin, Jojoba Oil, Squalane, Cetyl Alcohol, Corn Starch, Lecitihin, Lauryl Alcohol, Palmatic Acid, Clover Honey, MSM, Glyceryl Monostearate, Potassium Laurryl Lactylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hibiscus Flower Extract, Algae Extract, Oat Extract, Vitamin E, Aloe Gel, Gum Arabic, Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Oils of Orange, Lemon and Chamomile

It's expensive at $60, but you get a whopping 3oz, which will last a long time!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Last summer and fall I was using SpaGirls home microdermabrasion a couple of times a week, eventually going to once a week. I was very pleased with how my skin looked, but after not using it during the winter (my skin was too dry) I finally took it out about a month ago, and gave myself a treatment. A day or so later I was covered in pimples. I didn't try it again until yesterday...and the same thing happened. My normally clear skin suddenly has at least 20 red zits. I don't get it!?! A skin care place I went to told me the crystal are getting imbedded in my skin. Huh? They didn't used to. Did my pores just get big and suck 'em in. I don't know. I would have highly recommended SpaGirl but now I am leary of home microdermabrasion in general! Think
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:00 am      Reply with quote
bumping this post.

Anyone have recent at home microdermabrasion tx they've tried? I'm seriously contemplating the Physicians Complex Microdermabrasion, and it looks like mper really liked it. Mper, are you still using it? Anyone else tried it recently? Thanks!!
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Where can I buy the Physician's complex dermabrasion cream. I would like to try this too! Smile

mper1327 wrote:
I use Physician's Complex dermabrasion cream. It is AWESOME!!!! It has so many good things for your skin as well as the oxide crystals used in microdermabrasion. When you rub uniformly, you really do feel like you are getting the same thing. It can be too harsh on sensitive skins, I think though. My skin is definately pink afterwards, but like with office microderm, it fades after about an hour or so. In addition to the magnesium oxide crystals:

Water, Grape Seed Extract, Caprylic/Capric Tri Glycerides, Gylcerin, Jojoba Oil, Squalane, Cetyl Alcohol, Corn Starch, Lecitihin, Lauryl Alcohol, Palmatic Acid, Clover Honey, MSM, Glyceryl Monostearate, Potassium Laurryl Lactylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hibiscus Flower Extract, Algae Extract, Oat Extract, Vitamin E, Aloe Gel, Gum Arabic, Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Oils of Orange, Lemon and Chamomile

It's expensive at $60, but you get a whopping 3oz, which will last a long time!
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:26 am      Reply with quote
I saw that drugstore.com has it for $60, with free shipping....seems like a decent deal, but I'm curious if others have recently tried it, or tried something else they've really liked.
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:46 am      Reply with quote
I am new here and wondering if there is a microdermabrasion machine we can buy...I did microderm a few years ago and i LOVED it. My skin never looked so good...why oh why did I stop Confused !!!!
I don't think a scrub can compare..
Lou
miko
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I am very happy with Epidermxll, I think it is a great product Wink
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:46 am      Reply with quote
miko wrote:
I am very happy with Epidermxll, I think it is a great product Wink

what is this?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. Michelle Copeland Microdermabrasion Formula is an excellent Dermabrasion product that contains AHA too, it feels great an gives your skin a glow. I like it better than Dr. Brandt and EDS carries it.
miko
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Loumomofthree here is the web site:
http://www.goldportbeauty.com/products.htm
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased the microdermabrasion machine from NCN. I have had it since early January and I am very happy with it. I am particularly seeing good results on my hands. I have always taken good care of my face, but have neglected my hands. I feel like I am starting to turn back time.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
I saw the machine on Nanci's site and was wondering about it. Please keep us posted Cuddles.

As far as actual microdermabrasion scrubs the only one I really liked was a set by Philosophy. (I think there were three items in the set)
Neutogena and a few other drugstore varieties I've tried, thought were all the same.
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:09 am      Reply with quote
I've also used the neutrogena microderm system before, but wasn't at all impressed, but was really curious about the Physicians Complex system. Looks like a couple people here were happy with the results, and it got pretty good reviews on a cople other sites also. But NOW, I'm curious about the machine from NCN! Cuddles, more info please? Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |