Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Finally!!! Mega volume for my fine hair!!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
My life is pretty much a never-ending battle with my hair. I have longish extremely fine hair that gets oily at the roots and goes flat at the drop of a hat. To make matters worse, I look TERRIBLE with flat hair, and I prefer to wear it blown back with a TON of volume, a la Angelina Jolie. However, when your hair is longish and fine like mine, getting a decent amount of volume can be a tricky proposition. I learned long ago to just FORGET about drugstore mousses. I basically tried them all, and none of them did enough where it made me want to re-purchase. I then started using Pureology's mousse, and while it was a serious improvement over the drugstore mousses, I still had some trouble getting the serious, over-the-top, out-of-control volume I craved. Enter the product which I am reviewing today:

Philip Pelusi Liquid Mousse!!
(If I could throw some sparkles on there, I totally would, lol!) I was running low on my Pureology mousse and I was too lazy to order more, so when I was in my salon I asked my stylist for a rec, and this is what she advised me to buy. "It builds a lot of body!" she told me enthusiastically. "Sure it does..." I thought to myself, since pretty much no hair products live up to their hype for me. Still, my stylist knows her stuff and I like the fact that this line is NOT tested on animals, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Right off the bat I knew this stuff was different. For one thing, it's not in an aerosol can. Instead it's in one of those self-foaming pumps, like Naturderm's Lavender face foam comes in. As a result, the mousse itself has a very different texture than what I'm used to. Most aerosol mousses seem very light, dry, and insubstantial--- I usually have to use like a tennis ball-sized amount. In contrast, this mousse was wet and quite dense, so I found I needed to use less product than I normally do. (Quick tip: I read somewhere that to build major volume you need to work your mousse into your roots EXTREMELY vigorously, as if you were working in shampoo) All I can say is, WOW!! I have never built so much volume so effortlessly in my whole life! However, because I wash my hair at night, the real test for me is how my hair looks when I wake up the next morning. Usually by the next morning it's flatter than a pancake and I end up having to desperately coax some more volume back into it with a round brush and blowdryer. So, as you can imagine, it was quite a nice surprise for me when I rolled out of bed the next morning and found that I STILL had the same amazing volume from last night. That in and of itself would be enough to raise this mousse to HG status for me, however, there's more. Under most circumstances, if I skip so much as a single shampoo, the next morning my roots are super greasy and my hair is matted to my head--- not a pretty picture. However, since I started using this mousse I've noticed that even if I do skip a shampoo, the following morning my hair still has plenty of volume and is definitely NOT matted to my head. Just for the sake of science I decided to see what would happen if I skipped TWO shampoos. The result? I woke up with really greasy hair and had to put it up in a bun for the rest of the day. I guess even miracles have their limits, lol!!

An 8 oz bottle of this miracle mousse costs $20--- pricey, but so worth it! You can buy it at salons that sell Pelusi products, and I believe you can also order it directly from:
www.philippelusi.com

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Ouch, I can feel another lemming coming up. Do you have the ingredients? Did have a quick look at the site, but couldn´t find them. Now, off to look if they ship internationally.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Sharkbait wrote:
Ouch, I can feel another lemming coming up. Do you have the ingredients? Did have a quick look at the site, but couldn´t find them. Now, off to look if they ship internationally.

If they don't ship internationally I'd be happy to CP for you--- the salon is just right across the street from my apartment. As for ingredients, haha, I'll get to work on that, but it might take me a while as the list is a bit lengthy. (They've juiced it up with stuff like yeast, silk amino acids, sodium PCA, etc etc)

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Ah, you´re a doll. I might take you up on that!
No need to type up the whole shebang - I´m sure I´ll find it somewhere online. Thanks!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, just for reference, here's a picture taken of me after a full 48 hours without washing my hair. (On the first day my hair had twice as much volume, but for me this 48 hour no-wash volume is pretty good too.)

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Holy flaming.. I´m buying whatever you´re using! Wink You stunner, you.

Oh, and great volume as well. Cool
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Sharkbait wrote:
Holy flaming.. I´m buying whatever you´re using! Wink You stunner, you.

Oh, and great volume as well. Cool

Flattery will get you nowhere, sharkbait!! Wait, what am I saying... heck yes it will! Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Haha, no really though. Did NaturDerm and Alima do that much for you, or have you been pulling our legs? I´m on my second day of NaturDerm stuff, incidentally. Embarassed
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Sharkbait wrote:
Haha, no really though. Did NaturDerm and Alima do that much for you, or have you been pulling our legs? I´m on my second day of NaturDerm stuff, incidentally. Embarassed

You're too kind! I've been using Naturderm and Alima (and of course, my good friend Tazorac) for 4 months now, and I'm pretty darn pleased with the results.^-^

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
So you should be. Fingers crossed that it´ll work as well for me.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
OK - our credits cards are EVEN. God - some of their stuff sure does look tempting Cool

BTW, who does your bunny's highlight; they're awesome !!!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Sharkbait wrote:

If they don't ship internationally I'd be happy to CP for you--- the salon is just right across the street from my apartment. As for ingredients, haha, I'll get to work on that, but it might take me a while as the list is a bit lengthy. (They've juiced it up with stuff like yeast, silk amino acids, sodium PCA, etc etc)

I can't wait to see the ingredients! I'm using Giovanni's Natural Mousse and am happy with it.. Can't hurt to try more stuff? Very Happy Btw, you look GORGEOUS, Liz!
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I'll have what she's having.

The mousse, the naturderm, the Tazorac...
jeannie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Now I am thinking I should buy..

Thanks for the review, great to know.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Liz you have gorge hair, from the hairline it looks really dense and full - I'm jealous!

Do you loose a lot of hair when you shampoo/condition? I find it so horrifying to loose so much down the drain, my hair cannot possibly be growing back fast enough to offset baldness!
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
WOW Liz you look so good. My hair is fine too. I need what your using........ My husband is not going to be happy - broke the bank again Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:09 am      Reply with quote
Wow!

That much sexy volume...the next day(s)?

Just amazing! I know what I'll be doing Monday morning--driving 176.5 miles to Delta, Colorado (the nearest salon according to the link) to get some!

Not even sure where Delta is. I'd just order some but after seeing your luscious hair I'm a flat-haired girl obsessed Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:26 am      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
Liz you have gorge hair, from the hairline it looks really dense and full - I'm jealous!

Do you loose a lot of hair when you shampoo/condition? I find it so horrifying to loose so much down the drain, my hair cannot possibly be growing back fast enough to offset baldness!

Thank you, Miranets! Actually I don't seem to lose much hair in the shower--- however, I know a lose a bunch when I style because it ends up all over the bathroom, lol!

Just for fun, here's a picture of me BEFORE I discovered this wonderful mousse: (somebody get that girl some lipstick!!!!!)

Quite a difference, no? (I HATE flat hair!! Mad )

Heathercolorado: I hear ya, girl! It's a never-ending battle, isn't it?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Liz, flat hair or full hair, you're adorable....that being said....WOWZA, what incredible body! I have the same problem you do and sometimes I even have to combine a couple of Pureology products to give my hair "oomph" - then I recently tried a couple of Eufora products but they make my hair too soft or something. This means there is only one solution....to try what you're using. You girls make me CRAZY with my spending habits!!! But, the proof is in the picture, your hair looks like it's right out of a magazine or an ad for a salon....

Gotta go catch my credit card.....it's trying to run away from me...

Maria Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I must be an idiot. At the Pelusi website I cannot find what salons carry this line. Hoping to find some in my city. Am I missing something or are you finding this knowledge somewhere else?

Kimberly
havana8

Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Ok, I must be an idiot. At the Pelusi website I cannot find what salons carry this line. Hoping to find some in my city. Am I missing something or are you finding this knowledge somewhere else?

Kimberly

not at all! i had a hard time too....

http://www.philippelusi.com/ then "enter Products site", then the "contact" tab

hth Smile
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:

Kimberly

Sorry for the confusion, BluesHeart. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that the flash version of the website has a salon locater, while the non-flash one does not. The non-flash site only lists official PP salons, while the flash salon locater will find any nearby salons that carry Pelusi products. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
alibabka wrote:
I'll have what she's having.

The mousse, the naturderm, the Tazorac...

Me, too! Your hair sounds SO much like mine (long and fine)...and I, too, loathe the flat hair!! Mad I seriously cannot wait to try this stuff!

Mary Very Happy

P.S. I probably need all the other stuff you're using, too, 'cause I agree with the other ladies that you look fabulous!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks ladies. I struck out.

kimberly
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Just went on the website and used the salon finder--it reported that there are three salons in my area. But the closest one is over 900 miles away!! So much for getting to test drive the stuff at a salon...

Luckily you can order online. And if you join the forum, you get 20% off your first order. Sounds like a deal...

BTW, has anyone tried any of their other products? As long as I'm putting in my first order, I want to maximize the value of the discount. TIA.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |