Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

suncreams for highly senstive skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sarah19
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:30 am      Reply with quote
I suffer with mild rosecea causing my face to flush to lots of triggers and really need to find a suncream.Anyone with rosecea or senstive skin have any ideas on what to try?

I have tried many suncreams all being too greasy for me and causing a white cast. I want a every day suncream , one to blend in nicely to know be able to tell im wearing it. I rather go for a physical suncream than a chemical one any suggestions?At the moment im using Sunkiller Clear Water and i like the way it blends in but think its too drying and contains alot of chemicals plus i dont think its a strong enough against the sun.

Be really grateful for any replys.
Thanks Sarah
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Try La Roche-Posay and you won't go wrong I use factor 50 under moisturiser every day and I have very sensitive skin its not greasy and does not leave a white film which a lot of high factors do.
sarah19
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lola Moroney I did try that one in the past its more for combination- oily skin and i reacted to it anyway. My skin is on the dry side rather than oily. I either get suncreams that are too drying and cause irration or suncreams too greasy. Is it a chemical suncream or a physical suncream?
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I mix the Glycolix spf 30 and the SVR 50. They are both mineral sunscreens.
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:09 am      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:

What's "SVR" please?
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
IT is a french sunscreen, I think SVR is the brand name. I get mine from tubotica. Th eon e I use is SVR 50B, and it is mostly physical.

HTH,
Lucy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
I really love Vanicream Sport 35 for sensitive skin. I have been using it for about 1 1/2 years. I originally got it as a sample from Dermadoctor and asked my own dermatologist about it. She highly recommended it.
jn1234
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have very sensitive skin too. I have used DDF matte finish photo-age protection. As it's oil free, some people may think it's too dry. BUT, as a sensitive skin person, I prefer DRY to red, acne , terrible skin.
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
As far as sunscreen, sunblock are concerned,I think Avene really have
mild goods for sensitive skin. I have very sensitive skin and I have been using Avene SPF50. It contains physical sun protection ingredients and it's a little white, but maybe you can put on some loose powder to neutralize the color.
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:12 am      Reply with quote
jn1234 wrote:
I have very sensitive skin too. I have used DDF matte finish photo-age protection. As it's oil free, some people may think it's too dry. BUT, as a sensitive skin person, I prefer DRY to red, acne , terrible skin.

Sounds really good, but have you tried DDF organice sunscreen? Could you compare them? By the way, is it effecitve as well as the good feeling?
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:27 am      Reply with quote
jakee wrote:
skincarefreak wrote:

What's "SVR" please?

http://skincarecentral.biz/suncreen-SVR50B.html
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Meggie, DDF organic is good and very mild. It's just a film. Matte Finish
photo-age absorbs and feels very very light.
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Meggie, DDF organic is good too, but you feel film on the skin. Matte-Finish photo-age absorbs and feels very light. It works good.
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Judy Chen wrote:
Meggie, DDF organic is good too, but you feel film on the skin. Matte-Finish photo-age absorbs and feels very light. It works good.

Thank you, Judy! I'll put Matte-finish to my next order. Do you think it's effective, no hurt, no darkening afterward?
jn1234
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:54 am      Reply with quote
DDF organic is not as dry as the matte finish photo-age protection and most people prefer DDF organic. Unfortunately, my skin is very very sensitive and I have to stick with oil free product. DDF matte finish photo-age protection is my only choice.
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
jn1234 wrote:
DDF organic is not as dry as the matte finish photo-age protection and most people prefer DDF organic. Unfortunately, my skin is very very sensitive and I have to stick with oil free product. DDF matte finish photo-age protection is my only choice.

I'm wondering whether EDS carries samples of these two sunscreens. Anyway, if not, then I'll follow your advice, choose the matte-finish one.
LL
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Just a word of caution: the DDF organic sunscreen has Ethylhexyl Palmitate as the second ingredient and it is highly comedogenic. I used this sunscreen briefly back in 2002 and it made my skin break out. Plus, it created this odd, dry texture to my skin--but that's just my skin. This may work well for you.
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
LL wrote:
Just a word of caution: the DDF organic sunscreen has Ethylhexyl Palmitate as the second ingredient and it is highly comedogenic. I used this sunscreen briefly back in 2002 and it made my skin break out. Plus, it created this odd, dry texture to my skin--but that's just my skin. This may work well for you.

wow, does the matte-finish have the same ingredient? thanks anyway.
jjb
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Personnally, DDF organic has been the only sunscreen that hasn't irritated my sensitive skin so far... I mix it with a little moisterizer to make it spread easier. I haven't tried the photo-age one yet.

Another one that I'm thinking about trying is the one from Rosacea Care:
Sunscreen ''30''
Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide (ZinClear) 7.55%, Menthyl Anthranilate 3.4%, Octyl Salicilate 3.22%

Inactive Ingredients: Distilled Water (Aqua), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Olivate/Sorbitan Olivate, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Silicone, Glycerin, Buxus Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Squalane, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil, Epilobium Angustifolium (Willowherb) Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Xanthan Gum, Ultrez-10 Polymer, Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGGG), Alpha-D-Tocopherol, Tocotrienols, Astaxanthin

They've got a sample kit from Rosacea Care on the DermStore site for $28 USD that I'm very close to buying!
Yulia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sarah, I have mild rosacea too, and sensitive skin. I like DERMAdoctor Body Guard Exquisitely Light SPF30 for Face and Body (long name). It has never irritated my skin and is easy to apply. My only gripe is that my skin does get a little oily throughout the day with it, but if you have dry skin that shouldn't be a problem.

Good luch with your search!

Yulia
jn1234
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have a look on my matte finish photo-age protection. It does not contain Ethylhexyl Palmitate but it has Octyl Palmitate. Are they the same ingredient?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |