Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Non-Fiction book recommendations -- Self-Help and Other
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I thought I would branch this out separately from the other thread, which seems to be mostly for fiction.

I'll start with:

Clear Your Clutter With Feng Shui, by Karen Kingston

It's not really a feng shui book, but many people have found it helpful. Mr, I need to re-read it and re-apply it.

If anyone here has benefitted from any ADD or time management books, I'll appreciate hearing.
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Bryan Tracy has a few books out that are good
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
*Everyday Enlightenment -Dan Millman

*Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain (1979) -Betty Edwards
If you don't think you can learn to draw this book will prove you wrong! I picked this up for a dollar at a library sale; it is nothing short of amazing IMO.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Two nonfiction stand out for me recently.

First is The Skin Type Solution by Dr. Leslie Baumann. As mentioned in the Skin Care Forum, this book is great for coming up with a skincare regimen based on whether your skin is dry vs oily, sensitive vs not, pigment-prone vs not, or wrinkled vs not.

Just plain fascinating to me was a book called Nickled and Dimed, that studies how people who earn minimum wage make it in this world. The writer traveled to several different cities and used only the money she earned working low-wage jobs to live on. I recommend it for interesting reading -- hard to imagine the lifestyle. Made me complain a little less about the amount of money I earn.....
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:43 am      Reply with quote
"The Road Less Traveled" and most books by M. Scott Peck. His books are 15-20 years old so should be easy to find. His books are easy to read and may give you some insight to yourself and others.

Also, books by John Bradshaw. He writes about family relationships, * spam alert * and.... other stuff.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
A very good topic has been forgotten !

Self-Discipline in 10 Days by Theodore Bryant
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
I did read the "Skin Type Solution" by Dr. Baumann.

One of the good things about this book, is she identifies skin types (16 sub types in all) AND suggests what ingredients work and don't work for your skin. Her suggestions are high end and low end.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 23, 2010 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I love Lights Out: Sleep, Sugar & Survival by T.S. Wiley. It explains how artificial light is harming our health and its impact on sleep cycles, weight and health. It also explains why carbs are bad and why they are ok to have in the summer time. It is a GOOD book,a total must read!!
http://www.amazon.com/Lights-Out-Sleep-Sugar-Survival/dp/0671038680
Mabsy

Mon May 24, 2010 4:14 am      Reply with quote
Sundew - Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain has been on my list for a while and I just wasn't convinced - you just tipped the scale. Off to Amazon.com Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 3:39 am      Reply with quote
Not too sure if this is really "self help" but it is a true story collection of two people who became friends and their lives in other countries.

One man is palestinian and was in a settlement,and the other a man who was a soldier.

http://www.amazon.com/Light-Behind-Darkness-Stories-Compassion/dp/1897508360/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=IL3UF4VR5F6SC&colid=28S84XWDQ5JMX

I actually ended upmeeting both authors as they live in my city,and one runs a middle easter restaurant here....

But it is a good book,veery good stories of real life events.
My mom actually bought 10 copies to give as gifts.

Another interesting fact is the the middle easternman, he made all the images in the book and they are actually painted on glass.
He displays some at his restaurant, and sells many of them (not theones in the book,but other ones).

Someone actually stole my copy of the book,hoping tto get it back..but doubtful....
kikisojo

Sat May 29, 2010 8:38 am      Reply with quote
first, hello to everyone here, i am a new member although i have been reading the forum for months.

a great thanks to everyone providing advice and experience, it is so useful!

my contribution to this one is - everything from victoria moran - look her up.

i have all her books and read them over and over. amazing and strongly recommended.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |