Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Bare Escentuals, Loose Foundation, Warmth & Mineral Veil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:49 am      Reply with quote
Well what can I say...they arrived on my doorstep last week and I've been using them since Friday. I'm hooked. I have never had such flawless skin in my life. I was a bit unsure about the powder foundation at first,(as i don't normally wear any foundation at all) but I've had so many comments over the weekend about my skin, even my partner mentioned it!!!!, and I never get comments from him... Rolling Eyes

It goes on so fast and smoothly, I've had no problems with putting it on. The warmth does exactly what it says it does and the veil sets it all...I will never ever use any other make up again. I dont find it settles in any of my fine lines (i am an old bod)!! All I can say is let me click on the bare escentuals icon and order some more!!

Oh the only thing I did notice was my face after a few hours gets a little shiny...but I have got very greasy skin...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:28 am      Reply with quote
I'm also hooked! Which is something, since I'm not a foundation girl! The only product I'm skeptical about, is the warmth. I might try a regular bronzer instead.

My skin is medium dark, due to self tan, and I have a yellowish undertone. I use the 2.3 Medium beige, which is a bit light, but with bronzer on top it looks perfect.

I like the dewy/glowy look, and the fact that it looks natural!
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I have a question about the use of BE foundation. In fact, I have been using it for quite a while but still, I couldnt get the hang of it Crying or Very sad, esp. during hot humid summer. This is fine in the winter though~

This HOT and HUMID weather just makes my BE foundation melt!! I like the idea of using mineral and like the fact that it gives a light and sheer coverage that I need for the summer time, unfortunately, this doenst last b/c of the weather, it just melts down when I go out under the sun, yet, I dont want to go out *uncovered" .. the major problem is that when it melts, the foundation becomes flaky....you can actually see patches of foundation on my face which is awful!! I didnt realized until one day when I shopped in a cosmetic counter and the SA told me about this (I was soooo embarassed Crying or Very sad )I would really like to seek for advice/tricks of using this mineral foundation in hot humid weather. I appreciate any helps! Thank you very much! Wink
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:36 am      Reply with quote
I dont think living in England I'll ever have the problem of anything melting!..

All I have been doing is putting a little of the foundation in the lid..then swirling the brush round the lid, knocking off excess powder and using it in swirling movements on my face. I dont use alot at all. Then I put on the warmth in the same way, then go over with the mineral veil. I do find that my face does get a bit greasy towards the end of the day. I'm off to the toilets now to see if mine has gone flaky!!...

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Gucci:
Laughing If you are not living in a hot humid weather, there should not have a big problem of melting at all Wink I found it stays well too in winter Very Happy

Maybe the best is to leave out everything but the sunscreen Very Happy
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:55 am      Reply with quote
I just have to say more on these products....I've been using them a week now and the compliments I've had are amazing....

EVEN the guys at work yesterday told me my face looks flawless (didnt know guys new this word) Laughing One of the girls asked me if I'd had my make up professional applied!...

I've given out this website address at least 6 times for people to buy the make-up....

Only thing that worries me is....WHAT THE HELL DID I LOOK LIKE BEFORE??? Shock

Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Gucci wrote:

rofl Awww, you're too funny! Before you looked beautiful, now you look air-brushed perfect Wink
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Something else I have to try. I am not a great lover of foundations or should I say it's not a great lover of me. Infact I probably own more types of foundation than anything else. Always willing to try new suggestions. Flawless skin sounds fantastic Bad Grin
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:18 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Gucci wrote:

rofl Awww, you're too funny! Before you looked beautiful, now you look air-brushed perfect Wink

haha, I wish!
Wonder if they will do an all over body foundation, then that can look airbrushed and flawless!!!!! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:20 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Something else I have to try. I am not a great lover of foundations or should I say it's not a great lover of me. Infact I probably own more types of foundation than anything else. Always willing to try new suggestions. Flawless skin sounds fantastic Bad Grin

Honestly you seriously have to try it....I'm a total convert...will never use anything else again...

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:51 am      Reply with quote
I know this post has been on a long time ago but hopefully the current user can give some tips.

I bought the Starter Kit - FAIR a year ago and love it.
Now I wanted to order the full size and realised that :
1. EDS do not carry the Mineral Veil anymore.
Anyone know why?

2. The kit i had just say "Mineral Veil" on the back of the container. When i visit the Bare Escentuals website, there are a lot of variation to it :- it says "Mineral Veil", Original" "Illuminating"
Does anyone know the difference between "Mineral Veil" & "Original"?

Thanks for anyone that replies ...
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:41 am      Reply with quote
I couldn't get this product to work for me. I desperately wanted to love it. The colors just aren't right for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi Fairrene,

I have no answer about why EDS no longer carries the Mineral Veil?

The difference first what you have from your kit would be the "Original" version.
Original, more of a matte finish, illuminating will have more of a "glow" or "dewy" finish.

HTH Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
bbiz wrote:
Hi, I have a question about the use of BE foundation. In fact, I have been using it for quite a while but still, I couldnt get the hang of it Crying or Very sad, esp. during hot humid summer. This is fine in the winter though~

This HOT and HUMID weather just makes my BE foundation melt!! I like the idea of using mineral and like the fact that it gives a light and sheer coverage that I need for the summer time, unfortunately, this doenst last b/c of the weather, it just melts down when I go out under the sun, yet, I dont want to go out *uncovered" .. the major problem is that when it melts, the foundation becomes flaky....you can actually see patches of foundation on my face which is awful!! I didnt realized until one day when I shopped in a cosmetic counter and the SA told me about this (I was soooo embarassed Crying or Very sad )I would really like to seek for advice/tricks of using this mineral foundation in hot humid weather. I appreciate any helps! Thank you very much! Wink

I just tried Skindinavia makeup setting spray and it stops my makeup from melting in the +40 weather.
But is does dry out my skin if I use too much as it has alcohol!
syndi222
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I used to love the baremineral powders! While using it, I looked like I had flawless and natural skin! Another plus is the application is super easy. Although I loved bareminerals, I stopped using them ever since I noticed having more blackheads around my nose whenever I use the baremineral powder.
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:56 am      Reply with quote
My first introduction to MMU was Bare Mineral, which I initially loved. I've since tried other brands which I've found to be much nicer in both texture and finish. I always found with Bare Minerals, it was hard to find the correct shade which resulted me in buying 2 shades and blending them to get the right match.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Gucci wrote:
I just have to say more on these products....I've been using them a week now and the compliments I've had are amazing....

EVEN the guys at work yesterday told me my face looks flawless (didnt know guys new this word) Laughing One of the girls asked me if I'd had my make up professional applied!...

I've given out this website address at least 6 times for people to buy the make-up....

So, you are saying that people usually do not comment on your looks? Question

That's kind of funny, as I have the opposite issue...too many people commenting on my looks.
I've had over 100 people this month so far ask me about my nails, pedicure ect...all random strangers too Laughing
Also sometimes comments on my clothing,perfumes...whatever..but not tons all the time.

I'm sure your makeup looked fine before..just not as "luminous".

Could it be the bismuth that makes your makeup melt off? or sunscreen?

I have a makeup setting spray for hot weather called Skindinavia, it really works. Dermstore sells it. it is a bit drying if you use it every day I find. but it is the only thing that keeps my makeup on through exercise in +30 weather...actually this week outside it is 40 celcius here...crazy weather!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |