Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
How do you organize your shoes?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:40 am      Reply with quote
What works for you? I'm looking for ideas. Please share specifics (brand name, where to purchase, etc.) if relevant. Feel free to post pics - I love seeing (and hearing) others' organizing solutions!

Thanks!
montrealgal wave
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:49 am      Reply with quote
i arranged mine according to the height. eg. flats, 2inches heels etc. those that are white or beige colors i will put them inside the shoes bag that comes together with the shoes before putting them inside the cabinet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:29 am      Reply with quote
I don't have alot of shoes (I know, shocking! My real vice is purses!), anyway, I saw this on tv or maybe in a magazine ... I'm not sure if you want to keep them in the boxes they came in, but if it makes sense to do that, take a photograph of the shoes and paste it on the outside of the box so you can see what's in each one. I always thought that was a great idea. Smile
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:11 am      Reply with quote
I'm a shoe addict and I have my shoes on a wall, displayed like pieces of art, just because I love looking at them so much. SO installed rows of metal bars on a wall (kinda like extra long towel rods in the bathroom) sectioned off for my shoes, and I just hang them by the heels. Flats are on the ground.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
I'm not sure if you want to keep them in the boxes they came in, but if it makes sense to do that, take a photograph of the shoes and paste it on the outside of the box so you can see what's in each one. I always thought that was a great idea. Smile

That's what I do, keep them in the original boxes with a photo on the front. I also put some water/humidity absorbing sachets in each box.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
I'm not sure if you want to keep them in the boxes they came in, but if it makes sense to do that, take a photograph of the shoes and paste it on the outside of the box so you can see what's in each one. I always thought that was a great idea. Smile

that is a great idea!!!...iv also read that some ppl buy clear shoeboxes and arranged them by events e.g. sports, formal events, hiking etc then colour co-ordinate them.

i dont have much space in my room so i just literally throw them in the wardbrobe then get all frustrated when i cant find what im looking for! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:46 am      Reply with quote
forgot to add some links for the clear shoeboxes: (not sure where u live but im in the UK and have bought from ebay. 1st 2 links are UK based, and the last ones in australia)

http://vivaladiva.drct2u.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?jspStoreDir=VivaLaDiva.com&catalogId=10653&identifier=autogen-28571-Storage+Solutions&langId=-1&brws_trail=autogen-28557-Accessories&targetURL=CategoryDisplay&storeId=10151&promoCodeInt=1563703

http://www.caraselledirect.com/category.php?7~Shoe+%26+Boot+Boxes%2C+Shoe+Trees+and+Boot+Shapers&Referrer=Google&Reference=clear+shoe+box&gclid=CPiAjqHmx4sCFQfllAodcF39CA

http://www.allboxes.com.au/c/118082/1/shoe-boot-boxes.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Hey,

There is one door hanging(can hang on wall or door without having to make whole) several pocket shoe case. You can buy it from wall mart and its really cheap. Mine has the capacity to store 12 pairs and it doesn't need much space i just hung up on my store door.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
I don't have alot of shoes (I know, shocking! My real vice is purses!), anyway, I saw this on tv or maybe in a magazine ... I'm not sure if you want to keep them in the boxes they came in, but if it makes sense to do that, take a photograph of the shoes and paste it on the outside of the box so you can see what's in each one. I always thought that was a great idea. Smile

I like this idea too, just not sure it's do-able for me because I don't have a lot of shelf space to spare.

I used to have one of those over-the-door organizers, but the one I had left part of the shoe exposed and it ended up dirtying the door and wall.

Thanks, everyone! Such interesting ideas and details -- keep them coming!

montrealgal
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:46 am      Reply with quote
rainbow_listic wrote:
i arranged mine according to the height. eg. flats, 2inches heels etc. those that are white or beige colors i will put them inside the shoes bag that comes together with the shoes before putting them inside the cabinet.

Ditto. And mine are stored in clear plastic boxes.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Mine are also in clear plastic boxes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Wondering where everyone is storing their boxes...? On closet shelves?

montrealgal
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:49 am      Reply with quote
For me - clear boxes on the bottom of the closet with coats/jackets.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
montrealgal wrote:
Wondering where everyone is storing their boxes...? On closet shelves?

montrealgal

I have a tiny closet but they are all stored in my bedroom closet. I don't have a large shoe collection but what I have are mostly comfortable.
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
I'm a shoe addict and I have my shoes on a wall, displayed like pieces of art, just because I love looking at them so much. SO installed rows of metal bars on a wall (kinda like extra long towel rods in the bathroom) sectioned off for my shoes, and I just hang them by the heels. Flats are on the ground.

Shoes as art. Fabulous!!!

I have a thing for red shoes. I have WAAAAAY too many pairs. I could wear red shoes every single day and never get tired of them.

My latest shoe search is for drop dead gorgeous red tango shoes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:21 am      Reply with quote
4sons wrote:
dollbird wrote:

I have a thing for red shoes. I have WAAAAAY too many pairs. I could wear red shoes every single day and never get tired of them.

OMG I'm obsessed with red shoes too! I try collecting them in every style...they make any outfit pop. Laughing
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:35 am      Reply with quote
i have a closet for the shoes. Embarassed
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I have a room for shoes and handbags which I guess is just bloody ridiculous. I store my shoes in boxes in the closet and on a big shelving unit.
pudoodles
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:51 am      Reply with quote
montrealgal wrote:
Moonstarr wrote:

I like this idea too, just not sure it's do-able for me because I don't have a lot of shelf space to spare.

I used to have one of those over-the-door organizers, but the one I had left part of the shoe exposed and it ended up dirtying the door and wall.

Thanks, everyone! Such interesting ideas and details -- keep them coming!

montrealgal

Just as long as nothing dirties the SHOE! Very Happy

My "loft" condo is just insane--one closet. No room for shoes there. So, I've lined the entire walls of my laundry cubbyhole (it's not even big enough for anyone over a size three to fit inside) with shelves and hanging shoebags all the way up to the ceiling. I climb up on the washing machine and sturdier shelves to get at the shoes that are ten feet up. I must own thirty pairs, but because of the huge hassle of getting to them, I wear only four pairs--black mbts, black Christian Louboutin simple stilettos, black dress boots from Nine West sale, or black Doc Marten. I miss my shoes that are up high! But at least I can see them and climb up to them if I really am feeling ambitious.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:30 am      Reply with quote
Many woderful ideas!!Thanks. Laughing
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
I bought a bunch of those white stackable shoe racks from Target, and put them in the bottom of my smaller closet (it has folding doors-it's not a walk in closet). I have them grouped by color.
I like the bar idea, I may try that with my heels.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:17 am      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:

OMG I'm obsessed with red shoes too! I try collecting them in every style...they make any outfit pop. Laughing

They do, they do!!!

Never found affordable red tango shoes ... but I do love my new strappy black ones.

I've even considered only owning red or black shoes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 8:10 am      Reply with quote
I love loking at high heel shoes, but I don't like to wear them. Still, I bought them...

I got issues...
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Got roomates that both have more than 100 pairs of shoes each person. So, we got a closet full of shoes plus some rack on basement. Plus, I am catching up with them. Imagine that?
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
4sons wrote:
dollbird wrote:

There are some great ones on ebay...from Argentina!

Let's see if the links post:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tango-Sandal-Salsa-Shoes-Leather-R-B-Leather-MORENA_W0QQitemZ280098845035QQihZ018QQcategoryZ63889QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Threaded-Red-Sandal-Tango-Salsa-Ballroom-Shoes-WANDA_W0QQitemZ280043428177QQihZ018QQcategoryZ63889QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRASPIE-Turquoise-Leather-Tango-Ballroom-Shoes-MALENA_W0QQitemZ170077406963QQihZ007QQcategoryZ63889QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Okay, the last ones are metallic turquoise, but I think the supplier can make them in red, too.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |