Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Permanent Lip Augmentation (4 more days)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Well, yet another procedure on my 20k face.

I am having Sili-K injections on Monday. It's a 2 part injection series. First part is done, then 6 or so months later, the second dose is injected. The time period is to see how much is needed in the second injection, depending on what your body does with the fluid and plumping.
It is a form of liquid silicone, and it forces you to create collegen surrounding it, therefore plumping. It is permanent. It also is safe. It is immediate plumping, but over months, it settles and then the second treatment is done depending on how much your lips plump after the first dose.
My BFF also has had it done, some years ago, and it looks amazing, natural, gorgeous, full and my favorite word...permanent.
After having many temp injections, which my body breaks down very quickly (including collegen injections), just wasting my money and then only having full lips for 2 days only once, I'm very excited to finally be getting full plump lips which will stay that way! I've been waiting 2 years for this.

It's done in office. Typical injection style- just numbing, a shot inside the mouth to numb inside, and then the lip injecting. It should take about an hour. It will swell, but with ice, swelling goes away in a couple of hours.
I will try to post before and after pics too.

Edited to add this:

Sili K
Saucer-shaped acne scars are effectively treated by filling them with micro droplets of Sili K.
Sili K is an FDA approved form of injectable liquid silicon. The injection of micro droplets of Sili K stimulates the body to produce new collagen surrounding the droplet. As new collagen forms, saucer-shaped acne scars are filled from the inside out, giving the skin a smooth, unscarred appearance. Sili K is also used to permanently enhance lips.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
I will be very curious to see how you feel about the results of the procedure, and hope you will keep us posted. Do you mind if I ask what country you live in?? I have never heard of this stuff so at first I thought it might be something new, but then you said your friend had it done aa few years ago.
Good luck...I hope it's not too uncomfortable, and I hope you come out gorgeous!!
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
luvyourskin
Thank you. Yes, I'll post response on Monday. I just hope it does not deflate too much on the first round.
I am in Colorado, Usa. Having it done in Denver.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Very interesting Sandra. Good luck. I look forward to seeing your pics and thoughts afterwards. Why don't we hear more about this? One question? Does one get the same appearance *hard looking* that silicone breast implants can get?

Hope you're very pleased.

k
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Sandra, do you post on the Lip Augmentation Forum? They have advice there about using bromelain and Arnica to combat injection swelling. Is SiliK the same as Silikon1000? (I've found a N. Calif dr and am considering it, but still nervous about lumps, migration, etc). Is SiliK safer than Silikon1000?

Here's the lip forum link:

http://www.lipaugmentation.com/forum/forum.php
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Wow...that's great...yes, I think it is the same as Silikon 1000. I'm pretty sure it is the same thing. The thread called Sili Sharing is great. 3 yrs and no problems. Seems so obvious to go to someone who is phenominal at it, luckily I am too.
Thanks for the link. I'm going to look through that board a lot more.

It does not get hard, in fact my girlfriends lips are super soft, and super plump appearance. Depends who does it.
I'm not worried about migration either, that's been fixed when they reintroduced and approved this. No bumps either.
I'm going to go quite big too Razz
I also have a couple of gross fine lines at the top border, I want pulled out. (I wish I was in the Mecca of your CA docs. All the things I would do!)
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Chocolat
In fact, if you look at the pics in the post called 'Before and After silli pics! For vegas, and all!' , that is exactly how my girlfriends lips look. Just gorgeous !

Funny, a post by a girl that cancelled her fat transfer. That's what I did, and opted for SiliK
instead Shock

Wish I could of gotten some Arnica. I usually bruise when I have my lips injected too. Lasts about a week.
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Sandra, I hope you get great results. The reason I thought SiliK and Silikon1000 might be different is, the fluff time for the 1000 is between 3-6 weeks, not six months. I think I read of one woman who waited 3 months between injections but that was rather unusual. So I thought maybe it was a totally different filler, or else, it's a very very cautious doctor! (not a bad thing, IMO).

There's a nifty list of questions to ask a dr who is going to be putting in permanent fillers, here: (down near the bottom of the page)

http://lipaugmentation.com/lipaugmentationrisks.htm

Just in case you want more info...
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Chocolat, thanks so much.

I'm really not exactly sure about the time between period, I thought it was 6 months or so, but I'll know for sure on Monday. On this last link you gave me, it says in fact 3-4 months between is best. That's probably what it is, but I did not pay attention to the Doc...too excited Embarassed

I took my before pic today, so will post them when I take the after pic too Cool
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:30 am      Reply with quote
I just had a thought after reading the recent comments. I always take "TRAUMEEL"(manufactured by Heel) tablets prior to any surgery or dental work. It contains arnica and a host of other goodies. Very good for bruising and swelling. If you can find it (pharmacy or health food stores) before you go on in, I would recommend one tab prior to procedure, one right after, and then one every 3 hours for the first day. Then take it 3 times a day for about 3 or 4 days after depending on how you're doing
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:16 am      Reply with quote
THanks loveyourskin

I will be on the hunt today for Traumeel...

Very Happy
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Looking forward to seeing your befores and afters, Sandra!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Found the traumeel at vitamin cottage...

Thnks for the tip, am picking it up and will take it before and few days after.

Cool
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck to you! Very exciting, looking forward to seeing the pics!
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Gals...

Well, it's done. My real lips are now gone bye bye.

Today went really well. I was nice and numb, but the procedure went for about an hour. I was a little less numb at the end so a couple of the last few shots hurt like a bastard!! Shock

I've been icing like crazy and the swelling is starting to go down. They are about 4 times their normal size, yes I look like Daffy, but they are starting to look good.

Some facts:
1. In a couple of days they will deflate, not entirely, but quite a bit. Then, they start to build up again over the next month. (That would be the collegen building up encasing the micro droplets of silicone).
2. I will be back in 2 months for the second round of injections.
3. The natural plumping process could be a little crocked (the collegen does not always build 100% evenly), which is another reason it takes more than one time to get the lips perfect.
4. The swelling and bruising is strong (even though I took traumeel). These injections are a lot more traumatic to the lips then the other temp fillers.
5. After 2 months, the second injection will take place, then it's a longer wait until a 3rd. Usually about 3-4 months, and even then a 3rd round may not be needed. Some people have 4 and even 5 rounds depending on your collegen build up, and how your lips were in the first place. (Really small, medium size ect).

My daughter will be home on Friday with her camera phone and I'll take the after shots. Then I'll post the pics.

Over all, I'm thrilled with this proceedure and the results. The Doc who did them is excellent.

If anyone is thinking about doing this, it's definately important to go and do a test round with collegen first, to make sure you like it and to test out the volume you ultimately want. That is what my doc did, and then she started the Silik 1000, before all the collegen wore off, so that my lips did not have to deflate completely before doing the permanent change over. Smart way to do it.

I hope they dont deflate too much over the next few days before they start building up again. Even though they are really swollen, 2 hours now of ice, they look great although still a little swollen.
Cool
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats! Isn't it so exciting to anticipate the change? I'm sure they'll be beautiful.

Now I want this done! Will discuss with my doc.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad everything went well SandraG! I can't wait to see the pics. I was trying to do some research on this and can't really find that much. It seems there aren't that many doctors that do (or at least advertise) this yet it seems to have been around for some time. Do you have any links you can share, particularly on how to find a good doc near by?
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Tamgirl99

Chocolat posted this link above and it was the only one I found....just look for the Silik 1000 paragraph.
On the left of the page, it has "Plastic Surgeon Information' click there then go to find a surgeon in your area. Try that.

http://lipaugmentation.com/lipaugmentationrisks.htm
She also posted the link to a great lip forum http://www.lipaugmentation.com/forum/forum.php and perhaps you can post on there and ask about Doc's in your city also. (Of course you need a Doc who is very good). Maybe also ask your regular Doc if they can recomend someone in your area. I hope you can find one!! Or even call around surgeons in your city, and then if you find one, research them.
I found this Doc through my girlfriend who recomended her. My other surgeon I found through a recomendation from my regular GP.
I wonder, if you contact the American Board of Plastic Surgeons, if you can ask about recomendations there too. But maybe try that website first, in the 'locate a surgeon in your area'.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks SandraG! I actually checked out that site but will double check again or post if I need to. I can't wait to see your pics!
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
So glad you survived, and that you are in such positive spirits!!!
I have had fillers injected, and I know THAT hurts like heck, so I am sure you really went through the ringer on this one!
Next round, you can start the traumeel a day before (4x), then you can bump it up to every hour after the procedure on that day. I didn't want to recommend anything more than a coservative dose to you, but if you have no problems with it you can increase it next time. I got those recommendations (every hour after procedure) from a naturopath.
It seems we are all looking forward to the pics...happy healing! Very Happy
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Im still taking it. I took 3 the day before then 3 on the day.

Today. The swelling is gone. I had no problems with swelling really, but, uh..I have a bit of a black mouth. Black Bruises, 2 on the lips and one on top of the lip on my skin. Looks like I got into a bar fight Rolling Eyes

Will post Pics on Friday night...(Will try get pics of this bruising too)
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Here's the pics gals...

Before 4/22/07

[Image]

After 4/27/07 (lot's of bruising still)

[Image]

Another AFTER pic

[Image]
They have deflated a bit, but over the next month, they will start building again. The Next round of shots will be in 2 months.
The after pics are 4 days post proceedure, bruising is a lot better in the pic.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks SandraG! I've been waiting for these all day. Very Happy It looks pretty painful but hopefully it just looks worse than it feels. How are you holding up? I hope well!
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hey TAMgirl99

Thanks...I've been dying to post them Razz

Even though the bruising was a lot, the bruised areas don't really hurt. Just burst blood vessels in the lips.

Now I cant wait for the next round. Next time I'm going to use ARNICA to help that bruising heal faster.
Boy...did they deflate though..it's like I just went and got bruises actually. I hope now my body takes over and starts making that collegen on it's own. The doc said they will go down first, then start building again. If they dont build enough.....then in goes lots more juice Cool
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Sandra G - they look great!! WOW! And thanks for keeping us close to this procedure - I think it is great that you were willing to share so much! I don't think the bruising is bad at all - I thought it would be way worse!...I noticed some post-op vertical lining on your lips..is that from icing? That lining will soften out, won't it? You must be just thrilled! Please post more pics as you move through the healing process!
Pudoodles
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |