Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
55 and over Skin Care issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
4sons wrote:
Frodo wrote:
If any of you out there have not seen your natural lip color in years that you had in your 20's I suggest you use Candy's Lip Service. This product ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The color of my lips are beautiful and my lips are so so so soft. I use it twice a day, no longer have to use anything else.

http://www.candessence.com/

FOR REAL??? It restored color to your lips?? Mine are ghostly pale now. Ugh.

It is THE ONLY PRODUCT that has given me any noticable results, and, in just 2 weeks. My lips are no longer dry and my color is so pretty. I use it twice a day, that's all.

I have just started a few new products, 2 DYI and 1 not, and am hoping I see results just like this one. Will keep you posted on those after a few weeks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Yes ... let me know! I just checked out that Lip Service and it's pretty pricey for a lil' ol' school teacher from the midwest! Do you apply any color on top of it or do you use it and it alone?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
4sons wrote:
Yes ... let me know! I just checked out that Lip Service and it's pretty pricey for a lil' ol' school teacher from the midwest! Do you apply any color on top of it or do you use it and it alone?

I use lip stain (thin lips). I put that on first then the Lip Service.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Well Smoky, you're singing my song to the T. I'm 57 and I woke up one morning and didn't recognize the face in the mirror! I do use the Vit C, and Renova, and a host of other products...which has improved the look and feel of my skin considerably. I've tried diluted CPs, the REAL CPs, but it seems they were drying out my skin. I'm going to start back with the CPs next week, and may dilute it even more than I was initially.

My question to you ladies--what is DPL? Thanks.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 10:19 am      Reply with quote
I try to keep my skin looking as youthful as I can by using the only products scientifically proven to slow down or prevent aging :

broad spectrum sunscreens
prescription retinoids

and a distant third: a stable, anhydrous Vitamin C serum

Peels at home also help, but not too much.

BF
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
lefemme wrote:
Well Smoky, you're singing my song to the T. I'm 57 and I woke up one morning and didn't recognize the face in the mirror! I do use the Vit C, and Renova, and a host of other products...which has improved the look and feel of my skin considerably. I've tried diluted CPs, the REAL CPs, but it seems they were drying out my skin. I'm going to start back with the CPs next week, and may dilute it even more than I was initially.

My question to you ladies--what is DPL? Thanks.

Lafemme

Here's webpage for DPL that the ladies have previously posted.

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/?gclid=CLzMp6LwpYwCFQwuYQoduUxI3Q

Sat May 26, 2007 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
Please stick to the topic at hand. This is a difficult thread because it's very general but if you start discussing skincare results here *and* also side discussion then soon enough this thread will get so huge that you will abandon this one and will need to start another because this one won't be easy to read anymore. I gather that the point of starting this thread was to have a nice summary of what products, tools, etc work for more mature skins, rather than also covering how to use things etc, which is covered in other threads. And please remember that sarcasm has no place in this thread, if you have an issue with someone then take it to PMs, don't do it here. Thank you.

Mon May 28, 2007 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'm wondering if the before/after photos on ncnproskincare can be for real. Has anyone experienced such effects?

salli wrote:
Mel, what I really do love about the DPL is that I can do my entire face in a 9 minute setting. I don't need to move it around. My skincare professional recommended that I use it twice a day. I'm very impressed with the results I've gotten.
mozaik
5% products discount

Mon May 28, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I posted a couple of days ago, but my post disapeared! Was a question about the DIY products. Could anybody give a reason as to what could have hapened?
On a DIY forum I read that is possible to create your own creams, that would be similar to brand names(or not), and wanted to ask if you tried it, and if so what is your oppinion. It seems that the moderator is a doctor, and is more of a scientific board. They sell the ingredients, and some of these creams.
TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
mozaik wrote:
I posted a couple of days ago, but my post disapeared! Was a question about the DIY products. Could anybody give a reason as to what could have hapened?
On a DIY forum I read that is possible to create your own creams, that would be similar to brand names(or not), and wanted to ask if you tried it, and if so what is your oppinion. It seems that the moderator is a doctor, and is more of a scientific board. They sell the ingredients, and some of these creams.
TIA

Perhaps you should look on the EDS "Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare" forum here. Have you?
mozaik
5% products discount

Mon May 28, 2007 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thankx alot Jakee, i think this is why my post was gone.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
I hope body skin questions can be addressed here. Has anyone found a firming/cellulite solution? I know the products basically just help the appearance and don't actually reduce cellulite but I have found they do help with overall appearance in some way. Maybe they just tighten the surface a little. Who knows, but I think the stuff I have is does maked a little difference on me. I am running out and time for new ones and there are so many out there now. Is there one out there that you have heard about or tried that is better than the rest? The ultrasonic is supposed to reduce fat. I wonder if any of these products with an Ultrasonic device would improve things? I think our tissues are definitely different than 30 and 40 yr olds so hope it is ok I posted this here on this thread.
kd
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2007 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
Marina, don't panic darlin. Ari's telling you the truth. I have only been using the DPL and cp's for about 3 weeks now. I can tell you that I really do look alot better. My lines are getting better and my general skin tone and color are better already.

Ok, ok, ok ... maybe I should know this, but what are "CP"'s and "DPL"'s?
I'm 54 and the overnight thing was sped up with two chemo battles due to breast cancer. I didn't even recognize myself after the first go round. The second time I started using Obagi. It took a couple of months, but the effects were terrific. However, my sister (a mere 45 -- the youngster) didn't like Obagi.
I've tried a number of different skin lines and am open to suggestions. Wink
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2007 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
kd wrote:
I should know this, but what are "CP"'s and "DPL"'s?
I'm 54 and the overnight thing was sped up with two chemo battles due to breast cancer. I didn't even recognize myself after the first go round. The second time I started using Obagi. It took a couple of months, but the effects were terrific. However, my sister (a mere 45 -- the youngster) didn't like Obagi.
I've tried a number of different skin lines and am open to suggestions. Wink

Hi KD - sorry to hear what you have been going through. My sister had Ovarian Cancer at 38 and went throught the whole thing. (She is fine now - got it at stage 1). I don't have any skin care suggestions for you but to answer your questions - CP is Copper Peptides and the DPL is a LED type at home gadget that you sit in front of. There are a number of places to get the CP's but I think most are getting the DPL from here http://www.ncnproskincare.com/. At least you can read up about them.
kd
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Mommydearest! Read the info. Interesting. I'll have to scroll back through and see if the DSL works ... I can hear my credit card screaming from here.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 7:45 am      Reply with quote
what is a great pick me up mask on the days you are looking tired and sallow?
kd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Based on the glowing reviews about CP's and the recommendation to check NCN's website I did some research and started the Q & A via email to NCN. Amazing CS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I asked a ton of questions specific to my needs and Nanci not only responded, but responded quickly.
Placed an order based on her recommenations (and she couldn't have been clearer or sweeter) and she is sending free samples of stuff she thinks I might like based on our chit chat.
Gotta say -- you ladies know your stuff when it comes to making recommendations.
I'm quitting Obagi and giving NCN products a try ... let's see what happens. Very Happy
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 11:07 am      Reply with quote
kd I ordered from Nanci last week and she is just as wonderful as you just described.
I wish every business had such amazing customer service.
I ordered the pumpkin scrub and the exfoliating cloth. Next order will be something in the CP line.

kd I also wish you a great recovery and hope that these products will give positive results for your skin!
kd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Thank you! Very Happy
kd
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
yogi wrote:
Winnie,
where do you layer the copper with these products?

Yogi,

I no longer use Janson Beckett Products at night as AlphaDermaCE has Vit. C. From what I understand Copper Peptides will void any benefits from C. I use Copper Peptides and Emu Oil at night. During the day I use C Serum, Mineral Prep and AlphaDermaCE.

I have been using Copper Peptides for a little over a month. I think I am seeing some added firming around the eyes and neck. I know I have to give the CPs time.

Summer is fast approaching so I think I might switch things up. CP's and a sunscreen during the day and the JB line at night.

What kind of Emu Oil? Have you tried different ones? What do you like about Emu Oil the best and are there equal alternatives? Question Question Question
forever hoping
5% products discount

Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
To anyone on this forum

I am a little late on this topic and saw there was way too much to read. Interesting stuff

Wondering if someone could summarize the products that worked for most people as in a list form?? I could be a lot of work and is asking a bit much.

It would make a great quick reference tool since I don't have the patience to read all of it and my attention span is shorter these days.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
forever hoping wrote:
To anyone on this forum

I am a little late on this topic and saw there was way too much to read. Interesting stuff

Wondering if someone could summarize the products that worked for most people as in a list form?? I could be a lot of work and is asking a bit much.

It would make a great quick reference tool since I don't have the patience to read all of it and my attention span is shorter these days.

For me, these are the products that I have come across and tried since belonging to EDS:

. oil cleansing method - most efficient way of cleansing the skin
. Copper Peptide serum
. Retin-A
. lactic acid peels
. Vitamin C serum
. DMAE serum
. oat beta glucan liquid

My skin has never looked better, so I will continue to use all of the above. There's also allot of talk about Sea Kelp Bioferment - have this on order so haven't tried it yet.
kd
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:10 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
forever hoping wrote:
To anyone on this forum

For me, these are the products that I have come across and tried since belonging to EDS:

. oil cleansing method - most efficient way of cleansing the skin
. Copper Peptide serum
. Retin-A
. lactic acid peels
. Vitamin C serum
. DMAE serum
. oat beta glucan liquid

My skin has never looked better, so I will continue to use all of the above. There's also allot of talk about Sea Kelp Bioferment - have this on order so haven't tried it yet.

Thank you for summarizing. I'm having a bit of difficulty finding a couple of things and was hoping you could direct me to the threads ...
- lactic acid peels (and product recommendations?)
- oat beta glucan liquid - (located a source? What's "GOW"?)
- oil cleansing method?

I have a bit of a challenge locating threads ... any suggestions?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:32 am      Reply with quote
There are a few places on the web that sell lactic acid but I get mine from Makeup Artists Choice - have a look at their web site for info. GOW is Garden of Wisdom, they have lots of goodies and sell the oat beta glucan which is full of anti-oxidants. OCM is oil cleansing method which means cleansing your skin with 50/50 mixture of castor and extra virgin olive oil.

Just use the search function and you will find lots of info on all of the above.
kd
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:16 am      Reply with quote
This is extremely helpful. I'm still getting used to searching and negotiating around.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |