Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

THOSE BORN 1930 - 1979
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED the

1930's 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's!!!

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they were pregnant.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then after that trauma, we were put to sleep on our tummies in baby cribs covered with bright colored lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets, not to mention, the risks we took hitchhiking.
As infants & children, we would ride in cars with no car seats, booster seats, seat belts or air bags.

Riding in the back of a pick up on a warm day was always a special treat.
We drank water from the garden hose and NOT from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually died from this.

We ate cupcakes, white bread and real butter and drank koolade made with sugar, but we weren't overweight because WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes.
After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem.

We did not have Playstations, Nintendos, X-boxes, no video games at all, no 150 channels on cable, no video movies or DVD's, no surround-sound or CD's, no cell phones, no personal computers, no Internet or chat rooms.......
WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents.

We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.

We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays,
made up games with sticks and tennis balls and, although we were told it would happen, we did not put out very many eyes.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just walked in and talked to them!

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of.

They actually sided with the law!

These generations have produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever!

The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned

HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL!

If YOU are one of them . . CONGRATULATIONS!
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Amen to that!
Thanks, Doba!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Very true. These generations have produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever! Yay that I am one of them Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm proud to be one of them too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
I'm proud to be one of them too.

see Sal we are brilliant after all Dancing
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
you got it Mel!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
I'm one of them,Thanks!
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Love it!! I'm one of them as well Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
yep, makes you feel sorry for so many kids today who will soon have square eyes, only avatars for friends, bizzare shaped hands as an adult (from all those game consoles and excessive thumb exercise) and who will die at the first sign of a hardy bacteria because everything they touch and eat has been super sanitized. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:17 am      Reply with quote
It's so true. I feel really sorry for kids these days not being allowed to go out and have the same kind of day-long adventures we used to.
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:02 am      Reply with quote
Yeah very true!

- we survived it all and grew up to become the neurotic parents who are bringing up our kids with cell phones, g-strings, shite food habits (either too much fat and sugar or dieting), x-boxes, personal computers, cyber friends etc etc etc...

WE create society and the future - so all the hurrays for us are misplaced in my opinion, we aren't giving our kids enough of the good stuff we got - FREEDOM to figure life out - but this thread is a good wake up call that should remind parents out there to let go of their kids and take the remote or playstation out of their hands and "kick" them out in the garden or whatever!

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Jeez I can be grumpy! Shock

Sorry girls!

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Actually, Ruthie, I think you made a very good point. As I've mentioned, I don't have any children. But my brothers do and their kids haven't been brought up the way we were.

Bears thinking about, anyway.

A

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Great post doba!

I have to laugh when I see the neighborhood kids on their bicycles in what looks like full body armor!!!
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks doba, I am one of them too Very Happy
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I am one of them, too! Smile
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Very valid point Ms. Ruth!!! The very we didn't die eating mud generation, is raising the we can't get dirty or hurt one! Of course I can say this being childless and all Wink
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Great post doba!

I have to laugh when I see the neighborhood kids on their bicycles in what looks like full body armor!!!

OMG, Katee...I have the same reaction when I see kids decked out in all this "protective gear" just to navigate a bike down the street! Laughing I'm not a parent, so I probably have no right to comment...but somehow I managed to ride my bicycle and live to tell about it without a helmet, kneepads, and being encased in 30 feet of bubble wrap! Laughing

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
doba wrote:
I am one of them, too! Smile

Too Laughing
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
Even though I was born in '80, it sounds like my childhood! You should see all the scars I have from my adventures. Wink

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:21 am      Reply with quote
Completely true! Now in a world that's supposed to be getting better with each generation, we have more obesity and asthma than every before.

I was one of those children that played outside all day long, we didn't have computer games, we made our own entertainment and those days as a kid were some of the best I've ever had.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:37 am      Reply with quote
I did survive - but I also ended up spending an awful lot of time in the Casualty Department of our local hospital! Laughing
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
too funny Majob....

I also never saw furniture bubblewrapped in my lifetime, we'd run into once, and learn to avoid it in the future Laughing
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
The one thing I've heard about but obviously can't remember is my having stuck a bobbypin in an electrical outlet when I was still crawling. I wish I could remember that.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
The one thing I've heard about but obviously can't remember is my having stuck a bobbypin in an electrical outlet when I was still crawling. I wish I could remember that.

now quiet a few things are starting to make some sense.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |