Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
I woke up this morning looking 10 years younger!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:05 am      Reply with quote
Dancing that got you clicking!

I had a HAIR CUT yesterday.

Since having my hair massacred several times by bad hairdressers I decided to let it grow long for the past year and a half and just trim it myself. I've been looking like a complete idiot because it just doesn't suit the shape of my face and my hair's so fine it just flips around all over the place with the merest hint of a breeze.

What a difference a day makes. Shock
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:15 am      Reply with quote
Ouch - my finger is sore as I clicked too hard in my eagerness.
Razz
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:26 am      Reply with quote
Emma - it really has been anti-aging though so it's not altogether a trick.

I thought I was getting jowls and my frown was worse, but it was just that stupid shapeless, long hair Rolling Eyes

Better than botox Laughing
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:24 am      Reply with quote
A good haircut can really make a difference I know - I decided a few years ago to stop paying money for an OK cut with colour and foils and now pay less money to have an excellent hair cut (my HD has won haidresser of the year a few times).

I also started having my eyebrows shaped a couple of years ago. I have thick brows which I like but they looks so much better when Martha gets her mitts on them (she's at MAC in Sydney).

Very Happy
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:13 am      Reply with quote
ha. You got me! Very Happy

I just had my haircut too, and feel it's taken years off me, also. It was too long and shapeless before.

Did you find a really good hairdresser, Molly? If so - let me know who it is! What kind of cut did you get?

I'm also looking for a perfect Nude lipstick, to go with my new hair and the new weather..
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:39 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:

I'm also looking for a perfect Nude lipstick, to go with my new hair and the new weather..

If you wanted a nude gloss rather than lipstick my 2 absolute favourites are:
Chanel praline and MAC Viva Glam V.
My sister recently bought a Guerlain gloss (Burnt Sun - I think) - she said it stays on very well.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:51 am      Reply with quote
You got me good! Laughing

Molly wrote:
Dancing that got you clicking!

Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:55 am      Reply with quote
You certainly got me Molly!! My hair is a disaster right now, maybe I should get that sorted out before I check out my vast expensive shopping cart of yet more anti-aging potions Laughing
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:02 am      Reply with quote
I seriously hurt my index finger..couldn't click on fast enough. I'm still recovering from yesterday Molly..take it easy on me. Confused
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:05 am      Reply with quote
You got me good Molly. Laughing Running though my mind........Molly found the fountain of youth oil Dancing
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Ahhh...I guess I need to get a haircut, too, now. LOL
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
rofl bagged a whole lot of you.

If you want to hurl abuse at me I think it's perfectly justified - I'll clear it with Mabsy Wink

and it goes without saying, if I do come across that fountain of youth you'll hear it on EDS first, but I might slip it in another thread quietly somewhere so keep your eyes peeled. Laughing
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Emma - it really has been anti-aging though so it's not altogether a trick.

I thought I was getting jowls and my frown was worse, but it was just that stupid shapeless, long hair Rolling Eyes

Better than botox Laughing

What a brilliant post - I've seen this happen before to people! Yet some still refuse to change their hair style because they like it one way, and that's OK, but some who take the plunge just transform from drab into classic beauty. A lady I used to work with had shortish tightly curled hair for years. And then one day she came in and she'd had it professionally coloured and starightened, and MY GOD she looked HOT! She also looked at least ten years younger - and all of a sudden she looked and was treated like a professional career women, and not just the secretary!
Shock

Good on you Molly - you go girl!! (now for the mother in law.... Confused )
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Congrats on the new do!

But of course I thought this was going to be another of those "woke up with big boobs and a tiny waist" posts like we had last week. Before I clicked, this ran thru my brain:

Submitted for your approval, a group of women on a message board wake up one morning and suddenly find themselves..even..more..beautiful. You have just crossed over... into the Twilight Zone.
doodoo doodoo doodoo doodoo...
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:18 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
ha. You got me! Very Happy
Did you find a really good hairdresser, Molly? If so - let me know who it is! What kind of cut did you get?

Strangely enough Catski this guy has cut my hair on and off since I was about 10, but after a succession of disasterous haircuts during my 5 years in China I came home last summer and he did the same to me - massacred my hair; cut it so short that it looked like a 5 year old boy's hairdo. So I decided death to all hairdressers Laughing Then I got kind of curious because my hair's much curlier when it gets longer and I've never had it so long, but like I say it didn't suit my face shape.

The cut I have now is medium, short and frankly is identical to a cut the guy did when I was about 25 (I remember it from a photo) - must've come back into fashion Laughing
mper1327
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Pachouli wrote:
Laughing Congrats on the new do!

But of course I thought this was going to be another of those "woke up with big boobs and a tiny waist" posts like we had last week. Before I clicked, this ran thru my brain:

Submitted for your approval, a group of women on a message board wake up one morning and suddenly find themselves..even..more..beautiful. You have just crossed over... into the Twilight Zone.
doodoo doodoo doodoo doodoo...

Yes, that was me. My boobs are now down to an A, which is still pretty darn good. My skin is still clear, despite the stress, and yes my waist is still "tiny". I am an alien, and once everyone accepts that fact, life will be alot easier for all Laughing Still have no idea what's going on. Def freaky stuff, Batman. I am the Twilight Zone Bad Grin

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Ooooooo, haircuts. One of my favorite subjects!

Because I'm letting my hair gray, I do have to pay attention more to its style, lest I look "frumpy." Ewwwwwww. It currently sits above my shoulders and I have tons 'o layers and longish wispy bangs. I thought I liked it until today when I pinned my hair back/up to run. HOLY SMOKES! I DO look my age!

LOL -

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
You got me Molly Laughing
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Smile How exciting! Nothing like a happy day at the salon!

I just got hair extensions and can't stop flipping around like a shampoo commercial...hoping I, too, look ten years younger, and not like an idiot!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Laughing You got me Molly! But I agree with you about haircuts. That is the reason I am willing to pay a ridiculous price for a cut. They usually know what they are doing.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:44 am      Reply with quote
love your spirit!
beautydream
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
I got an idea from you,maybe I need a haircut?
Wink Wink
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
You..got me also Very Happy
I fully agree with you. Good hair cut gives you 5-6 yrs younger look and change your personality.
I also got cut last week for my marriage ann (first one) and got good results....

whenever i find myself very dull and want to look for change i give myself new haircut...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
gotcha Exclamation gotcha Wink gotcha wave

What a stupid thread......will it ever die?
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:26 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
gotcha Exclamation gotcha Wink gotcha wave

What a stupid thread......will it ever die?

I doubt it Molly - not while we all want to look 10 years younger Laughing .
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |