Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My First Skin Analysis
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Well, I became a bit of a decleor addict and then the other day stopped by a beauty salon which to my surprise and delight, stocked decleor.

Hurrah, I thought.

I went in and the aesthecian suggested I come back for an analysis of my skin - so I did.

I stuck my face in this box thing and a photo was taken, and then the computer analysed my skin.

To my dismay, I have shocking skin. I always thought it needed improvement (and have been searching for new products ... hence my joining EDS etc). But I was told that I had extremely enlarged pores everywhere, poor texture and lots of bacteria.

I was talked into purchasing a whole stack of MD Formulations product (AHA based) and have reluctantly shelved my decleor.

Anyway, I wanted to ask if people have had their skin analysed and what they thought of the process.

Also, microdermabrasion and peels have been suggested for me - can people please let me know their experiences with these?

Thanks so much. I am now in decline about the state of my skin (and my credit card balance).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Serendipidy,

This sounds a little suspicious. I haven't done the skin analysis but I know that they always come out terrible - usually they highlight sun damage. I wish they had given you some samples to try before talking you into buying all this stuff. MD Formulations is usually a good brand and the AHA should help with the texture issue. Microdermabrasion and peels can't hurt either - if used in moderation. The pore issue, to my knowledge there's nothing that can be done. Bacteria - if true, you could see a derm and get some topical antibiotics. Just be careful. I worry that the esthetician is manipulating you - they have to run a business afterall. Take care.
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Totally agree. Sounds like it just may have been a tool used to sell MD Formuliations.

There is a "box" you can put your face into and it shows everything in blue and black (if I remember correctly) This shows sun damage that's under the skin that will show up on your face in the years to come. I've only known this box to be used by medical people and may be called a Woods Box.

I'd think if you have extremely large pores all over, you'd be the first to know.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
I agree...It does sound like it was a ploy for you to buy their product. I have such a hard time trusting people who are just trying to sell a product. Until I know it's a reputable product, I won't bite.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
CAUTION...I agree with all the comments above. You can take care of your skin for a lot less money then what the salon would have you spend. As far as bacteria I am quite sure that we all have a certain amount of bacteria on our skin. The box shows sun damage. Most of us have sun damage (I am sure I do). What you need is a good sunscreen and C Serum. I am very new to Copper Peptides but I would look into them (not to be used with C). Exfoliation will help with large pores to a degree. If you exfoliate your skin it is so important that you use at least a 30% sunscreen on your face.
annie313
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Doesn't sound right. I also think it's suspicious. The only thing I would be concerned about it the bacteria on your face.It could be staph.Your primary Dr. can order some topical crean like bactroban.Can you take them back if you have a problem?
Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks all for your replies (you ladies on EDS are fantastic!!). I am feeling so crappy about my skin - the aesthecian basically said it was awful and that everything I had been using wasn't doing anything and was in fact making things worse.

I was using decleor because I was reluctant to put too many chemicals on my face.

There is so much information out there, often conflicting, that I can't work out what to do with my skin anymore.

I am going back next week (I got a complementary peel) but I don't know about the microdermabrasion. I was thinking of trying some home microderm kits first (Philosophy gets good reviews) and seeing how that goes.

I also thought that I might use the Juice Beauty Apple Peel and the PSF Pumpkin Peel for a not so chemical based AHA product. The Ole Henriksen line also has some pretty interesting AHA products.

Any thoughts on the above approach?

I am now obsessing about my pore sizes and feeling very OCD about my face and bacteria!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:00 am      Reply with quote
I have to agree with all, that the light box is just a good merchandising ploy!!!
Any cosmetic counter that has the box could tell you the same thing....and I am sure we would all have a similar analysis result. I am also sure that any cosmetic counter would have the appropriate products to help you improve your skin!!
I don't think you need to abandon the products you love (Decleor), maybe just add an item or 2 lacking in your regimen, like an exfoliant, peel, mask or whatever!!
As far as large pores go, that is usually genetic, and there's no way to make them disappear, although there are products to help minimize them...I believe there are a few threads floating around on that topic.
Keep us posted on the next analysis result...although you might want to take it with a grain of salt, if the tell you there has been a HUGE improvement with their products!!!
Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:44 am      Reply with quote
I doubt they will tell me there has been a huge improvement - the MD Formulations has made my dehydrated skin even drier, and has done nothing to help with my congestion. I am also getting itching and discomfort.

I decided to stop using it today, and am sitting here now with my decleor essential balm.

I have an appointment tomorrow - I doubt if I will get my money back but I would like to hear what they have got to say.

I have now put in my EDS order for some PSF products and Ole Henriksen. I think natural products are some how kinder on my skin and at the least, they don't make me itch !!

My bank account is taking a walloping though, and hubby is not impressed!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
What a coincidence !!. I had my skin analyzed yesterday at a famous department store in Spain. Based on the analysis, they told me that I had enlarged pores as well, and my skin showed lack of fatty acid and was quite dry, even though my hydration level was OK. I didn´t buy any products because in my opinion the recomendations seemed not very consistent to me. He was an Avene sales representative, by the way.
If you were told that your skin is ok, they wouldn´t have any arguments for you to try their products. This skin analysis is a selling instrument. So be careful and do not worry too much.
Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
I went back to the salon yesterday - the lovely aesthician (the manager, not the one I saw first) swapped some of my MD formulations for decleor - she was great about it. She told me to come back in a month and if things haven't improved, she would swap more of the MD formulations over. I was really happy with the service.

She also told me not to freak out about the bacteria (which I was) and said nothing about microderm or peels.

Anyway ... the quest for good skin continues ...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Serendipity,

Well, that's a start. Hope you feel better about all this. Don't freak out about the bacteria. Everybody is covered in bacteria anyway! Good luck with the Decleor and keep up the faith!

Cat
Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Cat - one of the decleor products I received in the swap was the ylang ylang balm. I used this last night and this morning my face glowed.

I am though excited about my next order from eds ... Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Use of microdermabrasion and AHA products yield very good results for the skin that has nvr used these products b4 and has not used any other high chemical products and for first 4-5 months you'll see incredible difference in your skin but after that ur skin turns out to be very sensitive and start to show the harmful impact of chemical on your skin even after you stop using all the process. You tend to have sun damage dry and very sensitive skin.

I am saying all these from my experience. In my opinion instead of going after these highly chemical product invest your time and money in simple and basic but regular and lifetime routine of cleaning toning ex foliation moisturizer and sunscreen routine with simple basic products like cetaphil(face wash) and photoban(sunscreen).

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ritas - thanks for your words of caution. I must admit, sun-sensitivity is not what I call a good "trade" off.

It seems for every miracle claimed, there is a side effect as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
any makeup or skincare counter that is going to do an analysis on your skin better say it looks bad if they want to make a sale. What if they said your skin was perfect..you probably would feel so good you wouldn't bother to take interest in what crazy expensive products they had to sell! As for the bacteria comment, we all have bacteria covering our entire bodies from head to toe..and be thankful you do, because this bacteria protects us. silly lady was trying to scare you!Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:51 am      Reply with quote
I'm going in next week to exchange the rest of the MD Formulations for decleor. I am very happy with the customer service following the fiasco with the MD products. I am very cross with myself though for falling for their sales pitch and buying products which I was suspicious of.

Anyway, I am back to decleor and happy with what I have. I will be even happier when my PSF and Ole Henriksen products arrive from EDS . I have also dabbled in some Philosophy products from Skinstore . Shock Very Happy

Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |