Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
cystic acne - Please help - whole chin a mess
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skin care junkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I don't know what happened, I do get occasional cystic acne on my chin but my skin was doing fairly well and then all of a sudden my whole chin seemed to explode in cysts. The really painful under the skin kind that pulse all day (descriptive enough for ya!!)

Anyway, I've got a plan to help prevent them but in the meantime my skin is completely peeling cause I've dried them out so much. I've tried to put products on the cysts without drying out the surrounding skin but no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas about how I can get rid of the acne without turning my whole chin into a dried up red mess. Should I be putting moisture on it so it doesn't get worse or will that just make the acne worse? As you can see, I'm at a complete loss so any suggestions woudld be most appreciated.
Thanks

Sad

Age 34, fair skin, freckles, strawberry blonde hair, blue/green eyes, combination skin, oily t-zone, TOTM breakouts on chin, occasionally cystic acne, no real wrinkles "YET" but do have fine lines around eyes. HG so far has been Jan Marini and Dermalogica products
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
I've had the same problem. I got prescription of Vitamin A Acid cream. It would help purge the nasty thing a lot faster with less redness in that area as long as you don't pick. If you get them on regular basis, no matter what you do. I would suggest that you go see a dermo.

It was the best thing that I did.

As for the problem you have today, maybe this thread would be of some help?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=144961&highlight=#144961
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I would suggest using a heating pad on a fairly low setting for 5 minutes at a time every few hours (do it when you don't have to go out, your chin will be red). I have a lot of luck using heat to treat cystic or deep acne because topicals just aren't penetrating enough (and just destroy the skin).
I started a thread in the DIY board called DIY zeno that also tells you how to microwave dry rice in a baby sock or a glove and use it to spot treat.

also make sure and take a lot of vitamin C and get enough zinc for healing, and a vitmain B complex for reducing inflammation.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Oh....I am so sorry.

Do you try something newbie?
Then, you should check your routine skin care and cosmetic.
Perhaps, something is over life time.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Try Earth to Body's Clay-Neem Treatment.
http://www.earthtobody.ca/products/clayneem.cfm

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry to hear you're having such a tough time with your skin. I went through the same thing last year. A sudden big breakout of cysts on the chin can be associated with hormones. I found two things that helped me the most: prescription topical antibiotic Sulfacet-R. It's great for cystic-type acne. Also, a good AHA/BHA product. IS Clinical Active Serum helped control my acne very well, but now I'm trying Jan Marini Bioclear which is cheaper and seems to work as well. This thread might help: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=13821&highlight=help+hormonal+chin+acne. Do keep us updated!
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
I rarely get cysts since changing to OCM and Retrinal. When I do get them, I apply Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion to the cysts and it reduces the pain for me significantly and seems to help the cysts recede.
juliejuliejulie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:14 am      Reply with quote
I get those occasionally (although haven't gotten one in a while).

Getting them zapped w/ a high frequency machine helps a lot. A lot of places use them when they give facials. I've also used a Dermawand on then and that works too (not as strong as the professional spa HF machine, but it works and cost less than 2 facials)

Putting some sulfur based spot treatment overnight also helps a lot. Mario Badescu makes one, Bye Bye Blemish is another that's avaiable in drugstores and the DDF sulfur clay mask is another option.

I've seen someone recommend salt water in another thread, but I haven't tried it out: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AiSV2FHtl7kv_nRYS_z3qylIzKIX?qid=20061228145219AAzrEjh
skin care junkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
That's weird, I posted a message here yesterday and it's not there...oh well.

What I had said was thank you to all of you who posted some great suggestions for the explosion on my chin. I was saying that I think it's stress related (work stuff, changing positions in my organization while also likely going on strike....yikes!)

Anyway, I did try the heat thing and that seemed to help a lot with the inflamation, as did the tea tree oil. I'm also using D'Arcy's drying lotion, which is pretty much the same thing as mario badescu's drying lotion (the runny pink stuff). I love this stuff but it's better for acne that is not underneath the surface.

I also just got my package from EDS two days ago and have started using my Decleor aromessence ylang ylang and night balm. Hopefully that will help prevent these lovely cysts from forming in the first place. I heard such great things about the stuff from others on the forum.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to keep the scaring these cysts will inevitably leave to a minimum? Question

Thanks Smile

Age 34, fair skin, freckles, strawberry blonde hair, blue/green eyes, combination skin, oily t-zone, TOTM breakouts on chin, occasionally cystic acne, no real wrinkles "YET" but do have fine lines around eyes. HG so far has been Jan Marini and Dermalogica products
skin care junkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Marcie65, what exactly is OCM and what type of retinol do you use? I recently got a sample of PSF's retinol but am not exactly sure how or when I should use it. Can I use it on broken skin and can I use it in conjunction with other products?

A few people seem to be recommending the dermawand. How much is it and have others found it to be really helpful for stopping zits before they get a chance to get going?

Thanks

Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone have any suggestions for how to keep the scaring these cysts will inevitably leave to a minimum?

Thanks

Exfoliate on daily basis! Eat papaya on an empty stomach at least three times a day. Find a product that is good with healing and taking out the redness. I liked Sonya Dakar Green Tea mask.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:46 am      Reply with quote
skin care junkie wrote:
Thanks Marcie65, what exactly is OCM and what type of retinol do you use?
Thanks

OCM is Oil Cleansing Method. It has worked wonders for my skin! I use Laventine oil for normal/dry skin. There are many threads about it here on EDS, or you can Google it and you can learn more about it that way -- that's what I did. There's some trial and error involved, regarding which brands, making it yourself, technique, etc. The retinol I use is Avene Retrinal 0.025%. Sorry, but I don't know anything about Dermawand.
skin care junkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice Skincare, what exactly does eating papaya 3x a day do? Not that I'm complaining, I love papaya!!

Marcie65, thanks for the explanation about the OCM, I remember reading about that a while back but I forgot. I'll definitely read more up on it. Avene retinol huh...humm something else to try! Smile

Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
skin care junkie wrote:
Thanks for the advice Skincare, what exactly does eating papaya 3x a day do? Not that I'm complaining, I love papaya!!

Marcie65, thanks for the explanation about the OCM, I remember reading about that a while back but I forgot. I'll definitely read more up on it. Avene retinol huh...humm something else to try! Smile

I've read in one of those Home Remedies book that to treat a black eye (which is heavily bruised) is to eat papaya. Then it went on to say it is better to eat it three times a day before your meal so that it would be fully absorbed.
skin care junkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Bring on the papaya! Thanks Smile

Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing I had to go find that book and here it is...
The Doctors Book of Home Remedies II by Sid Kirchheimer and the Editors of Prevention Magazine Health Books.

Page 44.
I'm not going to type everything...just a bit here...

"Eating pineapple or papaya-or better yet, a fruit cocktail made of both- can help remedy a black eye," says Las Vegas orthopedic surgeon Michael Rask, M.D., chairman of the American Academy of Neurological and Orthopedic Surgeons and the American Board..... - According to Dr. Rask, "An enzyme found in those fruits 'changes' the molecular structure of the blood, so it's more easily absorbed by the body." If you have a black eye, eat three papayas a day for faster healing. Or you can take up to 600 milligrams of papaya in capsule form (sold in health food stores) four times a day. Loading up on pineapple will also do the trick, according to Dr. Rask, and both fruits give you a healthy dose of vitamin C.

After rereading that, I can't help but wonder if it helps remove those red veins around your nose?
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 12:13 am      Reply with quote
The JM Bioglycolic cleanser has been a God send for me. Started last week & my face is finally clear. I also use the Bioclear Cream which has a combo of aha/bha & azelaic. I have been using retin-a for a few months, but that hasn't helped my breakouts. I continue to use it more for the anti-aging benefits. Before I use the JM cleanser I do the OCM w/Mineral Melt by Pur Minerals. It's the best oil cleanser I've found that completely dissolves all makeup, yet doesn't leave an oily residue.

As far as fading the marks, there are a number of different peels that you could do - tca, glycolic, lactic. I order mine from either muac or platinum skincare. People respond differently to different peels. My skin does well w/TCA. Juice Apple Peel & Neutrogena's Anti-mark fading peel for weekly treatments are also not as irritating as other types of peels + you can pick them up at your local drugstore. Another option is microdermabrasion. Naturderm's EII delivers great results. Their Chrysalyx is also suppose to fade scars.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 5:22 am      Reply with quote
I am having cystic acne all over my face for 1 month now.. I really dont know how I get it. it sudden came out, I tried everything I can, but its not working... Crying or Very sad I also went to the Dr. and eating pills now.. it still didnt work on me, What can I do? should I do extraction to clear out the pimples?... feel so itchy..some people say if do extraction will get cross infection, but if we didnt clear pimples out, how could my acne get better?? Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've found that OCM reduces the number of cysts I get, although when I do get them I use CareKate's Emulsion Pure recipe, it helps a lot, reduces the redness and inflammation. (And it's really easy to make, yay! Very Happy )
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kyrya,
Really? Do u have the recipe?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Here is CareKate's Recipe for

Yonka “Emulsion Pure” Recipe:
• 1 ounce water (preferably distilled)
• 1 drop Castor Oil (preferably “cold-pressed”)
• 10 drops Lavender essential oil
• 10 drops Geranium essential oil
• 5 drops Rosemary essential oil
• 3 drops Thyme essential oil
• 3 drops Cypress essential oil
• 1 amber or cobalt 1-ounce glass bottle

Put all ingredients in glass bottle and shake well before using. To apply, saturate piece of cotton gauze (cotton pads or balls will work, too, but they’ll absorb/waste more product) and use as compress against pimple or breakout. Hold in place for at least 15 minutes.

You can find all the DIY recipes under the DIY Forum, it's fun Very Happy
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 3:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kyrya,
thank u, but wouldnt Castor Oil will block the pores?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 3:39 am      Reply with quote
I've heard Mario Badescu's buffer lotion is meant to treat cystic acne. i haven't been able to get my hands on it to try it yet though
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 5:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi displaced,

I did use Mario Badescu's Mask, it didnt really work on me.. Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
im dealing with some chin cystic acne right now but i am finding that bioclear is helping them very quickly.. turn around time of about 4 days even. so far i am impressed with bioclear!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |