Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Celebrity Crushes From Your Youth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Seeing another thread where Caspers Mum mentioned one of my favourite bands from when I was a teenager (Platinum Blonde) made me think about all the crushes I had on celebrities when I was younger. I thought it might be fun to come clean about who your celebrity crushes were back then.

I'll start ... I think my crushes must have started when I was about 10 with the Bay City Rollers. How I loved Woody. Laughing I have an old LP of theirs and you can still see my printing engraved into it from the fan letter I wrote to them that I don't think my mom ever mailed. Smile

Then it moved onto Andy Gibb, Rick Springfield (Jesse's Girl! Still love that song), Billy Squier, Platinum Blonde (Mark Holmes especially), Vince Neil from Motley Crue (now I think ... ewwww) and Jon Bon Jovi (he's STILL totally hot!).

So, come on ... let's hear yours!
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
Marc Bolan!
Sexiest thing to ever set foot on a stage... I still wear my T Rex tshirt now and then
Laughing
LilLoco
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Bobby Sherman! (how old am I ....)
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:24 am      Reply with quote
I have a photo of me sitting in my bed, age 12, next to my big close up poster on the wall of Marc Bolan.... I loved him so much. Still do!

A few years later the poster had changed to one of David Essex.

Later still, David Bowie.

But Marc Bolan retains a special place in my heart he was The One - my first pop star crush! I completely agree with appletini, he was so so sexy. I still fancy him like crazy when I see footage of him nowadays. He had the most mischievous smile.
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:42 am      Reply with quote
OK, I had to reach for this one. Couldn't even remember the name of the show at first. But I remember a huge crush on the actor.

Gregory Harrison who played 'Dr Alonzo Gates' on "Trapper John MD"

He was cool, living in the parking lot of the hospital in a camper. I looked him up just now on IMDB for the name and I still thinks he's cute. But I don't think he did much more after that show.

Michele

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Donnie Osmond
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
LilLoco wrote:
Bobby Sherman! (how old am I ....)

Old? I'll give you old--I had a HUGE crush on Hugh O'Brien when I was 6. My mom didn't even want to KNOW what constituted the basis of that crush. LOL I can say now that it was a very adult crush.

A
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
Marc Bolan!
Sexiest thing to ever set foot on a stage... I still wear my T Rex tshirt now and then
Laughing

It's so funny that you mention him and I am guessing that you are probably in the UK as he is virtually unheard of in the US (where I am). I had the good fortune to sail on the QEII with my family when I was 14, and the British sailors introduced me to T-Rex and I was hooked from then on. In fact, when my husband and I were in London a couple of years ago, I dragged him out to see the tree where Marc met his fate nearly 30 years ago. I've recently discovered some old T-Rex videos on You Tube and I've decided that the bass player, Steve Currie, was an unsung hero of the group and in hindsight he was definitely crush material himself!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Donnie Osmond, David Cassidy, Bobby Sherman and gasp!! Michael Jackson. I also loved Bay City Rollers, Rick Springfield and Areosmith's Steven Tyler (love those lips).

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Rob Lowe - St Elmos Fire Drool
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
The Fonz Laughing Also, Dennis Wilson (The Beach Boys) and Sting in his Police days

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Let's see....Marc Bolan, Derek Longmuir from the Bay City Rollers, Elton John (yes, Elton John Embarassed), Rod Stewart, David Gilmour from Pink Floyd (still have goofy crush on him..)
pudoodles
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Let's see....Marc Bolan, Derek Longmuir from the Bay City Rollers, Elton John (yes, Elton John Embarassed), Rod Stewart, David Gilmour from Pink Floyd (still have goofy crush on him..)
pudoodles

Rod Stewart!!

When I was twelve till...sixteen?

Started dating and didn't have any crushes til I met my ex eight years ago. A minor local has-been musician, but to me he was god. With dyed black hair.

After him, I was infatuated with rockers with dyed-black hair. Nikki Sixx, Gilby Clarke, the guys from LA Guns

Had a date with Vince Neil...super-nice guy, but he didn't have the black hair.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
heathercolorado wrote:
Had a date with Vince Neil...super-nice guy, but he didn't have the black hair.

Oh my gosh! That would have been my dream when I was in high school ... I looooooved him! Nikki Sixx was hot too.

And Gilby Clarke ... I never really paid him too much attention until he did the Rockstar Supernova show and then I thought he was kinda hot too ... of course, this was only last year so I had outgrown my childish crushes and developed more a grown up lust for him. Laughing
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Just watched Marc Bolan on youtube.

Very cute!

My ex has the same chin Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
And Gilby Clarke ... I had outgrown my childish crushes and developed more a grown up lust for him. Laughing[/quote]

Laughing Laughing Gotta remember that one! Hilarious!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
I was obsessed with Jonathan Brandis (Seaquest DSV in the early 1990s, and Neverending Story II).

I was actually terribly depressed when I learned he committed suicide in 2003. I had his posters up all over, even joined his fan club. Sad. Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
I was obsessed with Jonathan Brandis (Seaquest DSV in the early 1990s, and Neverending Story II).

I was actually terribly depressed when I learned he committed suicide in 2003. I had his posters up all over, even joined his fan club. Sad. Crying or Very sad

*hugs* I was shocked about his death too. He was so young.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
My biggest crush was on Penny Hardaway (former point guard of the Orlando Magic). He counts as a celebrity, right? He was in a movie (Blue Chips). I know...it shocked my family and my friends. The crush lasted quite a long time. I even sent him fan mail. He was so drool worthy. Drool

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
My biggest crush was on Penny Hardaway (former point guard of the Orlando Magic). He counts as a celebrity, right? He was in a movie (Blue Chips). I know...it shocked my family and my friends. The crush lasted quite a long time. I even sent him fan mail. He was so drool worthy. Drool

OMG I WAS OBSESSED WITH ANFERNEE HARDAWAY!!! I got to see him when he played the Detroit Pistons. I was the only one in the Detroit section wearing OM colors!!! Oh the humanity!
Giggle. I even named my stuffed monkey after him... Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
OMG I WAS OBSESSED WITH ANFERNEE HARDAWAY!!! I got to see him when he played the Detroit Pistons. I was the only one in the Detroit section wearing OM colors!!! Oh the humanity!
Giggle. I even named my stuffed monkey after him... Laughing

What? I thought I was the only one. Laughing
I saw him twice when he came to play the Toronto Raptors.

I named my goldfish after him. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Loved Jonathan Taylor from Duran Duran
Loved Jon Bon Jovi

When I was a lot younger....Leif Garrett did it for me.

Maria Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
The only one I can think of is Antonio Sabato Jr. I don't fall for guys by their looks but I thought he was hot. Now, I find Larry Birkhead appealing and I don't know exactly why.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:30 am      Reply with quote
cathy_jean wrote:
It's so funny that you mention him and I am guessing that you are probably in the UK as he is virtually unheard of in the US (where I am).

Blimey, that's really surprising! Shock
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Since there are some other Marc Bolan fans out there ... I just went to look for my link to my favorite YouTube video and it's gone! Sad

But I found another from the same performance (Empire Pool, March 1972) of the group performing "Cadillac". I love this video because it has footage of all the band members. The other version didn't have the split screen and I think I preferred that one.

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04tSV26KDmg

If you were ever a fan, this will make you remember how fabulous they were!

Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Vie Collection Mela White Radiance Brightening Essence (150 ml / 5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |