Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I used Neosporin on my pimple. Gone in 2 days.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I sometimes get one pimple around that time of month. When this one popped up, I started using the acne gel sample I got from BBS, and the healing serum from IFP. It resisted both. After 3 days of having this red pimple (mediume size) on my cheek that didn't respond to the acne gel or the healing serum, I was getting pretty frustrated. I opened my medicine cabinet to look for something and a pack of Neosporin fell out. It was like FATE! I thought, "hey, doesn't bacteria cause pimples? I should try dabbing Neosporin on the pimple head," and did. By the end of the day, it shrank 50%, and today (2nd day), it's flattened all the way back. The red color remains. I wonder if anyone else tried this. Sounds crazy, huh? It seems to work on this one pimple. This is the first I tried.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:31 am      Reply with quote
It does sound crazy! So, the true test is to see if it works on your next break out. You have to wonder if it was ready to go away or if it was the neosporin! I am definantly curious, so try again (I'll try it too) and let us know!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
I will definitely try this trick again on the next one. The one I had before this took about 10 days to clear up on its own.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:41 am      Reply with quote
I hope it works. What a simple solution, it it does! Let us know.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I normally use Dr Renaud's acne gel for pimples, but if the skin gets broken I use Polysporin cream, which I think is similar to Neosporin. The skin heals quickly and rarely leaves a mark, which my skin is notorious for.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I have tried this on mine, no way does it do anything to mine. So glad to hear it works for some. The only time neosporin works is if I picked it or popped it, then I apply and it does take away the redness and pain. But if I have one growing, it does nothing to make it go away.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I was gonna say that some people will probably react differently. I bought the healing serum after reading that it worked magic on so many people, but I have yet got the same result. Sad My skin seems to resist certain things but react well to some things. But I will try this on the next one as soon as it's starting out to see if it will help any. Will report back. If this works all the time, wouldn't that be great? Seems a simple and cheap solution. By the way, Clearasil does absolutely nothing on any of my pimples in the past.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Yes case and point bkkgirl, Clearsil works wonders in drying out my pimples in a matter of a couple days. Especially the Clearsil 10. But see what works for one, does not work for others. BUT having said that, I do love this site because when I read a new suggestion, I have to try it. Hey it might end up being my holy grail of Clear skin. What would that be like I wonder? I see women with gorgeous skin and they don't always take care of it. Why. I stress everyday.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad it worked the way it did for you. If only I was as lucky. The only thing Neosporin did for me was lessen the redness.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
I'm glad it worked the way it did for you. If only I was as lucky. The only thing Neosporin did for me was lessen the redness.

Same here! But if I use neosporin all over my face, I'd get clogged pores! Sad
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I've used neosporin on the occasional pimple for years. Put it on right before bed and usually the next morning it was just a pink spot.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
bergquis wrote:
I have tried this on mine, no way does it do anything to mine. So glad to hear it works for some. The only time neosporin works is if I picked it or popped it, then I apply and it does take away the redness and pain. But if I have one growing, it does nothing to make it go away.

Same with me. The only time Neosporin/Polysporin works for me is after I've picked and poked it revealing an open wound.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |