Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
I'm going to Chicago for a few days...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:19 am      Reply with quote
...for a meeting. June 22-26. What should I do? I've only been once a long time ago whilst backpacking and I went to the art museum. Any recommendations for things to do (or places to shop)? I'll be in the downtown area. Also, does anybody wants to have coffee?
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I grew up in the Chicago area- what a great city!! For shopping-Water Tower Place is amazing! The Field Museum and The Science and Industry Museum are worth seeing. A site with a lot of infowww.chicagohs.org

Have a great time there. I'm jealous!!
Robin
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:45 am      Reply with quote
I grew up in a near-NW suburb. Chicago is a great place to visit, and the people are really friendly. Besides the museums,
the Shedd Aquarium on the lakefront is great. You might be able to catch a street fair or a few outdoor concerts. There are great comedy clubs and blues clubs, and good variety of ethnic restaurants. Pick up a local events paper and you will find lots to do.

Be forewarned, June can be quite hot & sticky!
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm - so happens I'll be on furlough during that time. I'd be happy to take ya around.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Hey Candy,

that would be great. We could get some real drinking done!!! I'll PM you nearer the time.

Thanks Chocolat and Robin for the cool suggestions. I love the idea of an outdoor concert.

I'm excited about Chicago. Usually I go to really boring places (to me) in remote areas for meetings and am stuck with nothing to do except work. Finally a decent city that I can pop out of the meeting for.

Cat
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
There's TONS of stuff to do in Chicago no matter the season - but June is a great time to visit. The weather 'shouldn't' be too muggy...

Here's a list of events scheduled for while you're here too.

http://egov.cityofchicago.org/city/webportal/portalDeptCategoryAction.do?BV_SessionID=@@@@0701337601.1177614605@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccfaddkkiekjmjcefecelldffhdfgm.0&deptCategoryOID=-536898232&contentType=COC_EVENT&topChannelName=SubAgency&entityName=Tourism&deptMainCategoryOID=-536898017

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:41 am      Reply with quote
I might be moving there next spring Smile

Have never been, but I'll have a career opportunity there, and all my research says I'll have much more fun there!

Here in Denver, I have a $100. bill for anyone who can show me where to get a decent steak and a glass of wine at midnight on a Tuesday. So far, no one's ever claimed the prize, because restaurants here stop serving at--gasp!--9pm!!

Hope you have lots of fun, Agent OO-Cat!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Cool Heather!!! Denver is pretty nice though, barring lack of steak and wine at midnight! Wink

DH is getting nervous that I'm meeting Candy. He's worried I'll come back with a truck load of shopping!!!! Weeeeeeeeee!!! Just confirmed my flight today.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Ummmm - well if it makes him feel better tell him I'll take you for a ride thru the ghetto in my squad car....maybe shopping won't seem so bad then Laughing

Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Cool Heather!!! Denver is pretty nice though, barring lack of steak and wine at midnight! Wink

DH is getting nervous that I'm meeting Candy. He's worried I'll come back with a truck load of shopping!!!! Weeeeeeeeee!!! Just confirmed my flight today.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I'm getting a ghetto run in a squad car with Officer Candy!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, how can I accelerate time? I've never wanted to go on a business trip sooo bad before!!!! A whole 56 days to wait...Must put on martyr face so that colleagues don't get suspicious!!!! Rolling Eyes
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
I LUV Chicago (I live here!) and June is a beautiful time to come!

I'd highly recommend taking an architectural boat tour along the Chicago River and out into Lake Michigan for a quick history lesson and beautiful, relaxing trip.

Shopping along Michigan Ave is always popular, but if you want a "real" feel of the city try to go to some of the local boutiques in Lincoln Park, etc (Candy can probably help you out with ideas).

Pick up a copy of "Chicago" magazine for restaurant ideas (several offer al fresco dining!), entertainment, etc. Most of the museums (with the exception of the Art Museum) are located within easy walking distance of each other on a campus type setting.

And my favorite thing to do in Chicago in the summer? Go to a Cubs game Exclamation I'm not into baseball, but the old-fashion stadium, fun area, and casual restaurants make it a day DH and I always look forward to doing Exclamation
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
TJ's - I'm sure Agent won't mind, the more the merrier. Actually - I can 1 up the boat tour (though it is nice) as my husband is a sergeant on CPD and is assigned to the Marine Unit. I had intended on planning a day out to conclude with a ride on the police boat on a Wednesday or Friday night for the fireworks show. Best seat in the house!

As the time grows nearer I think we get together privately and figure out a way to all meet up and do some serious damage to our credit cards!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
My flight to Chicago leaves in 3.5 hrs! Will only be there for a couple of days though. I'm staying pretty close to Michigan Ave so hopefully I'll get to do some great shopping. I have never been to a Sephora so I aleady have one mapped out. I just know my eyes will glaze over when I walk in.

The only other time I visited Chicago was about 3 yrs ago and I drove by myself from West Virginia. I won't be doing that again any time soon! Smile Such anger! It was a beautiful city, but I'll take my country roads over theirs any day!
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:03 am      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
Ummmm - well if it makes him feel better tell him I'll take you for a ride thru the ghetto in my squad car....maybe shopping won't seem so bad then Laughing

Agent OO-CAT wrote:

Golly! You're an officer, aren't you? How exciting! Perhaps we'll end up after the same psychopaths someday!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:06 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:

Wow!!! Candy makes that awesome DMAE serum, doesn't she?

Y'all have a glass of wine for me--I'll be there in spirit!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:08 am      Reply with quote
Okay, really shallow question--feel free to laugh!

Are there any bars/clubs where has-been 80s rockers go? I have a thing for fellows with dyed-black hair and Aquanet Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Have a safe and uneventful flight. Looks like you're gonna have some nice weather while you're here (we seem to get 1 or 2 nice days thenthe Canadiens send us another blast of winter Razz )

Wear comfortable shoes and enjoy the sites. Chicago in Spring is beautiful!

Oh yea - the drivers.... Rolling Eyes well, that's a whole 'nother issue altogether Laughing

phredd4 wrote:
My flight to Chicago leaves in 3.5 hrs! Will only be there for a couple of days though. I'm staying pretty close to Michigan Ave so hopefully I'll get to do some great shopping. I have never been to a Sephora so I aleady have one mapped out. I just know my eyes will glaze over when I walk in.

The only other time I visited Chicago was about 3 yrs ago and I drove by myself from West Virginia. I won't be doing that again any time soon! Smile Such anger! It was a beautiful city, but I'll take my country roads over theirs any day!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:53 am      Reply with quote
1 in the same! Frightning thought eh? Laughing

Ummm- what psychopaths will you be chasin'? Luckily me for mine are normally your garden variety gang-banger.

Actually - there are a few bars like that here. Im sure if you looked enough you could find a place for just about anything here <reminds self to check out bars before going out with her cousin & shutters remembering begin dragged to a place called The Exit and trying to bolt out the door after walking 5 steps in!!>

heathercolorado wrote:
Okay, really shallow question--feel free to laugh!

Are there any bars/clubs where has-been 80s rockers go? I have a thing for fellows with dyed-black hair and Aquanet Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Candy8865"]1 in the same! Frightning thought eh? Laughing

Ummm- what psychopaths will you be chasin'? Luckily me for mine are normally your garden variety gang-banger.

Actually - there are a few bars like that here. Im sure if you looked enough you could find a place for just about anything here <reminds self to check out bars before going out with her cousin & shutters remembering begin dragged to a place called The Exit and trying to bolt out the door after walking 5 steps in!!>

Hi Candi!

My psychopaths tend to be white males 30-50 who have embezzled, defrauded, absconded, etc.
www.denverprivateinvestigators.com

And here's my kind of sexy tarheaded 80's rockers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKXa_NuXc9c&mode=related&search=

Mmm...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
heathercolorado wrote:

Hi Candi!

My psychopaths tend to be white males 30-50 who have embezzled, defrauded, absconded, etc.
www.denverprivateinvestigators.com

And here's my kind of sexy tarheaded 80's rockers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKXa_NuXc9c&mode=related&search=

Mmm...

Ah! I see. Well, normally don't encounter many in my area fitting that demographics unless they're looking to get high or for some 'company' <if ya know what I mean Wink )

OMG! Laughing Sorry....do bands like this still exist or is that an old video? You n LoopyLori will be great buds.

Just teasin ya (been putting my foot in my mouth ALOT today - unintentionally of course) - I still enjoy a good Guns n Roses or Bon Jovi type song from time to time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
TJ's - I'm sure Agent won't mind, the more the merrier. Actually - I can 1 up the boat tour (though it is nice) as my husband is a sergeant on CPD and is assigned to the Marine Unit. I had intended on planning a day out to conclude with a ride on the police boat on a Wednesday or Friday night for the fireworks show. Best seat in the house!

As the time grows nearer I think we get together privately and figure out a way to all meet up and do some serious damage to our credit cards!

Candy and TJ - This just sounds so wonderful. I'm starting to feel emotional just thinking about it.
bluepacific
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
I enjoyed a live performance at Buddy Guy's Legends. Some of my friends went to Green Mill which they all loved.

I like shopping at Filene's Basement.

Personally, I think the view from Hancock Tower is better than the one from Sears Tower.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
bluepacific wrote:
Personally, I think the view from Hancock Tower is better than the one from Sears Tower.

True - but I don't know the head of security there to get on the rooftop... Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, the conference IS in the Hancock tower!!! Private tour of Sears Tower sounds even better though!!!

heathercolorado, are you a private eye???!
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Drat - me n my big mouth, not gonna have any surprises left for you when ya get here!!

I think she is, her link is a few posts Image thataway....

Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Oh, the conference IS in the Hancock tower!!! Private tour of Sears Tower sounds even better though!!!

heathercolorado, are you a private eye???!

Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |