Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
New here and have a question about Valmont Renewing Pack
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Sherann

Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:42 am      Reply with quote
I just received my renewing pack and used it last night. I was shocked to learn that the second ingredient named was none other than mineral oil. Isn't this one of the most comedogenic ingredients ever?
Also, what's best...morning or night. I applied it fairly liberally last night and after 20 minutes it all soaked in and there was nothing to tissue off. Any tricks will be appreciate. Thanks[/i][/b]
indianT
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:58 am      Reply with quote
OMG, Are you sure about the Mineral Oil? This is in my to order list since all the gals love it so much. I guess i will have to mark it off.

I have had a very bad experience with Mineral Oil. Few months ago I was shocked to see that Clarins also uses Mineral Oil in their Moisturizers and Masks and could be on more products. Sad
I used their Hydrating lotion and brokeout crazy. Also it is very fragranced and could have caused the breakout. Eh?
Then few day later i read the ing. and there was Mineral Oil.

If it is not good then why is it used in baby products which are the most gentle? hmm
Mabsy

Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:00 am      Reply with quote
I use the Renewing Pack whenever my skin is looking somewhat tired or dull, be it morning or night - I don't think it matters. So basically I apply it, leave it on for about an hour and then wash it off or use a warm damp face cloth to wipe it off.

Re: mineral oil. I don't have problems with using products with mineral oil (that I know of) so I never really investigated it further. But my question is, does the whole "mineral oil = bad" thing apply to products other that moisturisers? While mineral oils in moisturisers might be a problem (they sit on your skin all day and the oil might block pores and trap dirt, sweat etc), does it really matter so much in masks and cleansers? I mean, you put it on your face and you wash it off. So it's not like it sits on your face all day or all night and blocks your pores.

Could somebody please enlighten me? Anxious Angel
Mabsy

Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:02 am      Reply with quote
Also, IndianT, regarding your question. Is it then possible that there are different "grades" of mineral oil? I.e. some better refined oils might not be as bad as others that are less refined?

Sorry, I know it's bad form to answer a question with a question. But you guys got me thinking about this now and you have a very good point with the baby products.
indianT
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
That is a very good Question Mabsy, I have also wondered about if Mineral Oil is a better grade in high-priced products. All I know is that it is a byproduct of petroleum and I would be a little skeptical to use it in. May be they are refiend just like different grades of petroleum/gasoline.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |