Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

So I bought Oxygen Bleach this morning ... but ...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
is it really a complete substitute for chlorine bleach?

I use chlorine bleach to ensure that my bedding and towels are clean and germ free ... at least when I take them out of the washer.

I use light bleach solution to kill germs on my dishcloth and to clean my bathroom.

If I use Oxygen Bleach ... will it kill germs the way Chlorine Bleach did/does?

I know that there is hydrogen peroxide in Oxygen Bleach ... but aside from the "green" aspect of this product ... does it do the job as well as chlorine bleach? And if it does ... what does it do to my septic system?

I'm really not "supposed" to use a lot of chlorine bleach because it kills the bacteria so necessary for a septic system to work well. However, I "feel" better when I use chlorine bleach for some jobs ... and then I just make sure to add plenty of Septo-Bac to the system.

Anyone know much about Oxygen Bleaches?

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
I believe that they have stain fighting abilities (without damaging fabrics) not the disinfecting abilities of traditional bleach.

Of course I assume that you are talking about something like Oxy Clean?

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
I love Oxy Clean!

Mary, try experimenting with sink washing a few old dingy things. I have seen Oxy Clean revive and brighten a few things I could have given up on. My understanding is that it is not as destructive to fibers as chlorine bleach is. It's basically a version of hydrogen peroxide, the strength of which is determined by you.
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Vonstella,

Actually it's "President's Choice Oxygen Bleach" ... it's a liquid ... in the same shape as "traditional" bleach bottles.

Hi alibabka,

I've used OxyClean before ... and really loved it. I did find that it was great for brightening.

This is just a "new" form for me! Laughing And while hydrogen peroxide does have "germ fighting" capabilities ... I just didn't know if my sheets washed in hot water and oxygen bleach would be "as clean" as they would be with hot water and chlorine bleach! Laughing

Now there are lots of things that are frustrating about chlorine bleach ... like ... splashing it when you're wearing black pants ... and having white splotches on them ever after. Laughing

Thanks

Mary

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |