Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Calling all Matrixyl 3000 users
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
oriana808
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
How is it going? From what I've read, it takes a minimum of 60 days to see any results.

I've been using Candessence Matrixyl for just under a month, and also her Ultra Triple C, and in the last couple of days there has been a noticable difference in my skin, especially with undereye wrinkles and crepiness, lines above lips and the slight sagging around the "jowls" that was just starting to happen (I'm struggling a bit here with terminology Smile ) Anyway I haven't been doing much else, just a once a week peel, no retinol, and except for a glorious week of pearl creme (just a sample), that's about it. So I'm wondering if anyone else is using Matrixyl, how long you've been using it and what your results have been so far. Not sure whether it's the combo of Matrixyl and C or one or the other, but I do see a difference, even though it's probably premature.

Or do we just have really good days and bad days, good weeks and bad weeks? Sometimes I wonder, but I don't think I'm seeing things when I study the lines under my eyes closely - the lines that were getting worse and very noticable to me before starting these new products appear to be getting much better. The winter dryness has not really ceased either.
oriana808
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Actually overall I think it's more that my skin feels, or should I say, IS, a bit tighter than before. Hard to put into words exactly. Like I notice that the bags under my eyes (usually not too noticable after a good sleep Smile ) are, well, less baggy. Tighter, more held together or something. Other visual benefits as well.

Subtle differences but I don't expect a miracle from topicals. Plastic surgeons I believe are the only way to reach a kind of "perfection", especially regarding the aging process. That and a long life of healthy living (not me Cool ). I notice a difference, though, and I give credit to skincare.

Of course could be dependent-visible improvements. But that's ok too Very Happy
dancar3
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:14 am      Reply with quote
I've been using this this product for 2 weeks now, in the morning, and I'm wondering what other people's experiences with this product are as well.
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I've been using a different Matrixyl 3000 product (Face2Flaunt Line Eliminator) that I received as a sample and I have been amazed at the lifting above my eyes, and also at the change in the texture of my skin -- it was starting to get crepey there, and the crepiness is gone now. I had only been using it for a couple of weeks when I noticed the difference.

I just started using it recently on my sun-damaged decollete and I'm starting to see some improvement there, too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:14 am      Reply with quote
I've been using IFP's since February. I use a very tiny amount on my forehead and neck with no problems, just to test. Now I just started putting on the corners of my eyes. I usually use DMAE first then I apply. I have noticed a softening of the lines on my forehard and neck. I am quite satisfied and intend on using it more. I do want to know what your routines are when applying and do you put on once or twice a day?
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Twice daily is recommended.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone compare the IFP and Lips2Kiss for amount/concentration matrixyl 3000 and price? Anyone know?

Also found this, which says that's the active in Strivectin, which did nothing at all for me (except break me out).
http://www.ageless-beauty.com/matrixyl.html

Anyone have other preferences for matrixyl 3000 products?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the L2K product, F2F since the first or second week in December and I've been very happy. The 11's have softened quite a bit. at one time they were two lines, then three little commas, and now two commas. I use IFP's other products but not the m3000. I'd considered trying it when my bottle ran out but am wavering now as I saw my smile line get shorter and softer. I only spot treat with it but I know others who use it all over. From what I understand, Kandis's percentage is stronger than any other products that I'm aware of. You could give IFP's a try to see how it works for you as it's less expensive.

kimberly
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I love matrix 3000, I had used other brands in past and they worked great then nothing, turns out the percents werent right..Candy's is great, she uses highest percent and the stuff rocks!....Her firming serum, using the matrix is nothing short of amazing! Instant gratification as well as def long term results...I would not waste my time with anything less than 8% matrix 3000. Alot of Companies are using at most 5%, which is a def improvement to the old version of 3%, but just isn't enough, imo!

wanted to add, I too use Candy's triple C with this and the combo is truely amazing!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
I use 8% normally 2x/day and I'm definitely seeing firming.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, so IFP is 9%, according the website. And has HA, which, I don't need. Costs: $18. for .25 ounce.

Candy's website doesn't say what % in her Firming Serum. Unless I missed it. Has Oat Beta Glucans and oils. And "pepha-tight" whatever that is. Anyone know? Not listed as an ingredient (fancy word for fermented algae extract?) Costs: $35. for 1 ounce. Or 5 mil sample for $8. MelissaMarie, where did you see the % in Candy's?

Lips2Kiss website says F2F contains matrixyl 3000, doesn't say what percent. Also 2 other peptides. Doesn't list ingredients at all. Costs: $45. Doesn't say the amount you get. Unless I missed it. Makes rather big claims from "laboratory studies." Doesn't say what study/how to find it. Anyone know the %? The amount? The ingredients?

I think I'll go with Candy. If I find out if has at least 8%.
Other suggestions/thoughts?
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
jakee wrote:
Ok, so IFP is 9%, according the website. And has HA, which, I don't need. Costs: $18. for .25 ounce.

Candy's website doesn't say what % in her Firming Serum. Unless I missed it. Has Oat Beta Glucans and oils. And "pepha-tight" whatever that is. Anyone know? Not listed as an ingredient (fancy word for fermented algae extract?) Costs: $35. for 1 ounce. Or 5 mil sample for $8. MelissaMarie, where did you see the % in Candy's?

Lips2Kiss website says F2F contains matrixyl 3000, doesn't say what percent. Also 2 other peptides. Doesn't list ingredients at all. Costs: $45. Doesn't say the amount you get. Unless I missed it. Makes rather big claims from "laboratory studies." Doesn't say what study/how to find it. Anyone know the %? The amount? The ingredients?

I think I'll go with Candy. If I find out if has at least 8%.
Other suggestions/thoughts?

I know the percent of Candys because I requested it from her. Hers is at a minimum 8% she says its actually a bit higher. The ingredient itself is not cheap, and if your figures are right, IFP's is alot more for an ounce...at $76. an ounce versus Candys at $35.00. Its all the same stuff btw...matrix 3000 comes as that...they are formulating with a patented ingredient, and Candys I can and others have attested to its effectivness........so dollar for dollar...wheres the question...

there are studies done by sederma ( it think thats right company) on matrix 3000, which they patented....so it all comes from them ..then is formulated by the makers....

Hope that helps....so short version is...none of these companies is mixing up matrix 3000 ...there prob formulating other stuff with it a bit diff, but the main deal is added whole...all the same...
dancar3
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Candy's product only a handful of times (and do like it very much), but one of my concerns is will this continue to firm and build? I am wondering if there's others out there that have used any matrixyl in their skincare regime for at least a year and continue to see good results or have they stopped seeing this like I've read in other threads? Also, since this is supposed to be used 2x/day, where in the regime is this to be used if using vit c, retin a, and pearl paste? Thanks!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:05 am      Reply with quote
I've tried two Matrixyl 3000 products now and I found it to be mildly plumping after a couple of weeks consistent use so good for fine lines I reckon. I used Candessence's and Professional Formulations (with other peptides). Didn't like either for 'texture' reasons; Candessences felt sticky to me, but I see the formulation has changed completely since and the PF one vanishes well, but it's an HA/carbomer gel which I find drying myself.

I don't think Strivectin uses Matrixyl *3000*, that's the other Matrixyl; same brandname, different peptide.

Kim, who advises using twice a day out of interest? Is there some study?
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Yes, Sederma did a study (and yes, I realize this is the company that makes the product Wink ) and in the study, the women used the product twice daily to achieve the results.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
I've tried two Matrixyl 3000 products now and I found it to be mildly plumping after a couple of weeks consistent use so good for fine lines I reckon. I used Candessence's and Professional Formulations (with other peptides). Didn't like either for 'texture' reasons; Candessences felt sticky to me, but I see the formulation has changed completely since and the PF one vanishes well, but it's an HA/carbomer gel which I find drying myself.

I don't think Strivectin uses Matrixyl *3000*, that's the other Matrixyl; same brandname, different peptide.

Kim, who advises using twice a day out of interest? Is there some study?

Yes! Strivectin has Matrixyl, one of the 2 peptides in Matrixyl 3000. Thanks:

http://www.ageless-beauty.com/matrixyl.html
"If you’ve heard all the excitement that Matrixyl 3000 is causing in the world of anitaging skin care, you may be wondering what
this marvelous new ingredient is and what makes it different from the earlier version - Matrixyl. [I also wonder what happened between Matrixyl and Matrixyl 3000. What about Matrixyl 1 through 2999?]

The names, of course, are marketing gimmicks. In this article I hope to demystify the labels for you and tell you how you can find the same ingredients in other products – whether for other parts of the body or at lower cost.

Quite simply, Matrixyl is Palmitoyl Penta (or Oligo) peptide; Matrixyl 3000 is this ingredient plus Palmitoyl Tetra (or Tera) peptide.

Palmitoyl Pentapeptide, found in the previous generation of skin remodeling creams like StriVectin, stimulates growth of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid to fill wrinkles naturally from within.

Palmitoyl Terapeptide is another breakthrough ingredient which inhibits and reverses glycation damage. More detailed scientific explanations follow the chart.

The table below identifies a few of the latest skin antiaging products which contain the components of Matrixyl and Matrixyl 3000."
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Jakee, you just confirmed what Molly said.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:24 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Jakee, you just confirmed what Molly said.

Exactly.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |