Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How I get my eyeshadows and eyeliner smudge proof
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Yesterday in high humidity and 30 degree temperature, I managed a smudge proof eyeshadow day! Interested in how I got this result? Read on Cool .

Step 1: Blot eyelids with tissue (my eye lids get oily by themselves after 1/2 of washing my eyes).

Step 2: Put on Urban Decay Primer Potion (which would be awesome if EDS sold. I also heard the Deluxe range of eyeshadows are amazing). Wait for about 1 min.

Step 3: Put on MAC Paint in Bare Canvas. This is like a concealor and a primer for me as it evens out my skin tone and is crucial in helping me prevent smudging. UDPP cannot hack it by itself.

Also people use MAC paints as eyeshadow. I know that the Australian brand Bloom sells something similar.

Step 4: After waiting for MAC Paint to dry (approx 15 seconds), starting layering your eyeshadows. I used mainly MAC, but also whatever else is on hand. By themselves, eyeshadows always crease on me.

Step 5: If you can tolerate it, dust some silk powder on. EDS stocks Jurlique Silk Powder.

Step 6: Lined eyes with MAC Fluidline in Lithograph (shimmery grey).

Step 7: Curl lashes and put on mascara. Mascara is always last because curled lashes get in the way of putting on eyeshadow and eyeliner for me.

And you are done! The actual trying to put eye shadow on in a pleasing combination took most of my time. But gone it all finished in about 10 mins. Very Happy Yay for midnight practices.

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
MakeupDiva
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing your tips!

I love the Urban Decay Primer Potion! I have to put foundation on top of it to get my eyeshadow to blend better. I rub my eyes a lot and it keeps my eyemakeup on all day!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:59 am      Reply with quote
Great tips Very Happy
I too like to apply MAC Paints over the top of UDPP, some of the MAC Fluidlines also work well as budge proof eyeshadow.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:03 am      Reply with quote
MakeupDiva wrote:
Thanks for sharing your tips!

I love the Urban Decay Primer Potion! I have to put foundation on top of it to get my eyeshadow to blend better. I rub my eyes a lot and it keeps my eyemakeup on all day!

I wish I could just use UDPP and foundation. I tried it once and embarrassingly it still smudged on me.

Laughing I think my method is only useful if you want to go all out and make sure nothing moves.

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:04 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
Great tips Very Happy
I too like to apply MAC Paints over the top of UDPP, some of the MAC Fluidlines also work well as budge proof eyeshadow.

*nods* so true, fluidlines can work really well but I find it hard to spread some of the fluidline shades. For example, nonconformist is not workable for me as a base, and barely as an eyeliner. It is just too hard and flakes if I try to layer over it. Rolling Eyes

rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:10 am      Reply with quote
yes! UDPP rocks!! its currently a staple in my drawer. its really works wonder to enable my eyeshadow stay smudge-free for as long as 8hours. even if it did smudge after 8 long hours, its just very minimal. Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I swear UDPP used to last longer - my sister and I both could rock eye shadow for 24 hours and it wouldn't crease. Now it will after about 8 hours but it still is the best primer on the market, I believe. I'll have to try the layering tip though, thanks Cuppre!
Heléne
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
rainbow_listic wrote:
yes! UDPP rocks!! its currently a staple in my drawer. its really works wonder to enable my eyeshadow stay smudge-free for as long as 8hours. even if it did smudge after 8 long hours, its just very minimal. Laughing

It is a fab product! I use it every day, too... Ok, I have to admit it: I've been a bad girl and fallen asleep with my makeup on a few times Embarassed , it's still smudge-free on me after 24 hours... Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Sad I am so irritated that Urban Decay Primer Potion can't be shipped outside of America or Britain. I can't get it in Denmark. Sad
Heléne
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
liangzhiz wrote:
Sad I am so irritated that Urban Decay Primer Potion can't be shipped outside of America or Britain. I can't get it in Denmark. Sad

Hi! I'm in Sweden, ordered mine from eBay.

Also; have you checked this?

http://www.hqhair.com/code/products.asp?PageID=578&SectionID=557&FeaturedProduct=5203&pID=2

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:12 am      Reply with quote
I have use the Elizabeth Arden eye fix for years. It is the only product that that I have found that has helped me the smudgies.
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Wa o! I have heard so much of UDPP, and I will definitely get this one!
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered the UDPP from ebay. I look forward to giving it a try.
luvsgracy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
I never could wear eyeshadow until I finally started wearing UDPP.

Also, I draw a thin line of UDPP underneath my lower lashes, then I can wear pencil eyeliner and it stays on - never could I wear pencil eyeliner before.

I've tried lots of other eye primers, but UDPP so far works best. For years I never knew how women kept their eye makeup looking so nice all day.
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:06 am      Reply with quote
Luvsgracy, great tip for lining primier under eye. I will give it a try. Thanks
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I am such a damp squib. I tried UDPP after Rjez did a review and it was a mess on me. It made everything crepy and I was so mad that it did not work for me when everyone else loves it (kind of like the MMU curse). I must have used it wrong. I find it tough to apply as it is so thick in consistency. Their metallic eyeliners rock though.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Blacklace wrote:
I am such a damp squib. I tried UDPP after Rjez did a review and it was a mess on me. It made everything crepy and I was so mad that it did not work for me when everyone else loves it (kind of like the MMU curse). I must have used it wrong. I find it tough to apply as it is so thick in consistency. Their metallic eyeliners rock though.

Blacklace - I find that if you just put 3 dots of the primer along your eyelid crease and then smooth it with your finger, it's an adequate amount. I'm not sure how much you were using, but just a smidgin is what works for me. If I use alot, my eyeshadow creases really fast.
Heléne
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:13 am      Reply with quote
makeupfiend wrote:
Blacklace wrote:

Blacklace - I find that if you just put 3 dots of the primer along your eyelid crease and then smooth it with your finger, it's an adequate amount. I'm not sure how much you were using, but just a smidgin is what works for me. If I use alot, my eyeshadow creases really fast.

I second this! At first I was applying waaayyy to much, and as a result my eyelids ended up looking crepey, eewwww Exclamation Just try a tiny amount next time, I'm sure it will work fine.

Cuddles;
I'm sure you won't be disappointed with your purchase!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:44 am      Reply with quote
I got a sample of UDPP from Sephora and have yet to try it out!

So far, I've used Lise Watier's Metamorphix - it turns shadow into liner and "sticks" pretty well. The colour remains true and pretty intentse.

The cheapie version...I've used my contact solution to mix with my eyeshadows to make it last. I've also done this for lining. I think you can also use eye drops.
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:14 am      Reply with quote
I bought the UDPP and have used it the last 2 days. So far--great. I am throwing out my old favorite and staying with the UDPP. Thanks for the recommendation.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVEEEE UDPP! Every girl needs this, IMO.
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Wow!

I just use a Sharpie marker Laughing

Just kidding! Thanks for the informative details--eager to try them!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:39 am      Reply with quote
I used UDPP for the first time today and loved it.
Linda101
5% products discount

Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:28 am      Reply with quote
puglove wrote:
I got a sample of UDPP from Sephora and have yet to try it out!

So far, I've used Lise Watier's Metamorphix - it turns shadow into liner and "sticks" pretty well. The colour remains true and pretty intentse.

The cheapie version...I've used my contact solution to mix with my eyeshadows to make it last. I've also done this for lining. I think you can also use eye drops.

Puglove, if I might ask, how do you do this? Do you put the eyeshadow pigment on your brush first than dip into the contact solution? Thanks, Linda
kwchan1007
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Woderful Sharing!!Thanks.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |