Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

An update on Hotmail problems- hope that this is NOT true!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Ok ladies and gentlemen, I posted this in a reply somewhere else but wanted to make sure others can see it as well as it has a significant impact on the forum.

You know those email issues we've been having with Hotmail? Well, guess what. I was complaining to one of the IT guys about this at work and with a rather unsurprised look on his face he said that it was probably a strategy. I asked him to explain and he did. I couldn't believe it so I searched online to see if anyone else may be of the same opinion. I seriously hope this is wrong but if not then it seems that some free email providers are blocking legit emails on purpose in the hope of generating some more revenue out of businesses... This new "phenomenon" is called pay-per-email and companies (like, say, EDS) who *PAY* Hotmail, AOL, whoever, etc are guaranteed to bypass their spam filters, otherwise they may be subjected to random email blocking even though their emails are not spam at all and the email providers are aware of this.

http://it.slashdot.org/it/06/03/29/1411221.shtml

http://www.marketingshift.com/2006/2/hotmail-blocking-no-tea-party.cfm

http://www.ketec.net/content/view/350/34/

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
This will be very sad if it turns out to be true. All it will do is drive more people away from Hotmail, and so it will be their loss. Then again, if it becomes a "conspiracy" amongst all email providers we have a real problem. I hate it when big corporations try to undercut the small people.
Mabsy

Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
According to Wired magazine, some companies are facing charges over blocking legit emails. AOL has also been known to censor emails that contained content that was against what they were proposing. So very very wrong! I'm actually a Gmail user (yay) but this really bugs me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
I still have the problem of receiving information from EDS.
Apart from this, I cannot log in to see those free gifts for EDS members.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:30 am      Reply with quote
I use hotmail and for the past couple weeks I have not received another forum notifications. I might have to switch it over to my gmail account...
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:01 am      Reply with quote
i never liked using hotmail cos there always seems to be some kinda probs with it. although i do have a hotmail account, i only use it very rarely...im using yahoo, which has been great so far, as i am receiving all my emails, but the only bad point about it is that it keeps displaying that i have new mail on the homepage when i dont.
i think hotmail users should all cancel their account Cool !

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:45 am      Reply with quote
That's odd since when I sent an email to hotmail support they were falling over themselves trying to 'figure' out the problem. The best they could come up with was to send me an email to forward to EDS (I did, to Magda) with a link so they could troubleshoot it from their end. I wonder what ever happened with that?
annie313
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I don't use hotmail, but used MSN for awhile. I had a lot of problems with my home page, and e-mail. So I switched, and the problems have been much worse. I think they block some of EDS form. Maybe MSN is still pulling the strings? Sad Some of my e-mails haven't gone through. What are you supposed to do?
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I had Hotmail and Yahoo emails at various points and hated both. I ended up not receiving emails I needed and getting spam in my inbox.

I HIGHLY recommend Gmail. It's so great and you get tons of storage...and you ALWAYS get your notifications.
And if you family has gmail too, you can chat through the program. If you ever get sick of Hotmail, I'd go Gmail! Once you get the hang of it, you'll never got back to normal email (it works a bit differently the way it groups emails together in "conversations" rather than in chronological order).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:14 am      Reply with quote
I've started getting my notifications for watched topics in my Hotmail inbox this morning. Shock
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I can receive the notifications for watched topics in hotmail inbox again this morning.

But I still have the problem to see the forum gifts. After I go to Thank you-Free product link, I click "Click Here to access our Free Products" and then reach the Forum gift page, they ask me the following"You must be logged-in to view current forum gifts"

I still can not log in so I am not sure what to do.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
I had Hotmail and Yahoo emails at various points and hated both. I ended up not receiving emails I needed and getting spam in my inbox.

I HIGHLY recommend Gmail. It's so great and you get tons of storage...and you ALWAYS get your notifications.
And if you family has gmail too, you can chat through the program. If you ever get sick of Hotmail, I'd go Gmail! Once you get the hang of it, you'll never got back to normal email (it works a bit differently the way it groups emails together in "conversations" rather than in chronological order).

I got one today ..one problem..you can't create folders??
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
You can create labels and then pull up all the messages under that label.

Labels do all the same things a folder does but you can add more than one label to a message.

ETA: There is a labels box in the lower left side of the screen, below your contact list. Every email you label under a topic will be pulled up when you click that particular label. Thus a labeled message can be in your archive, inbox, even trash...and it will come up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
I don't use Hotmail much, but Yahoo dumps 80%-90% of my EDS topic reply notice emails to my junk folder which has over 4000 emails in it, so there's no way I'd go dig in there to see if any legit email is buried in it.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
I don't use Hotmail much, but Yahoo dumps 80%-90% of my EDS topic reply notice emails to my junk folder which has over 4000 emails in it, so there's no way I'd go dig in there to see if any legit email is buried in it.

Try G-mail..it's actually fun & you can get an EDS forum feed to boot
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
bb2000 wrote:

I still cannot log in so I am not sure what to do.

Eventually, I received a new password from EDS helping me to log in again. Thank you.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |