Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Copper Peptides for beginners
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 9:32 am      Reply with quote
loveyourskin
Go to the following link, scroll down 2/3rds and view the animation of the infamous uglies.....

This is exactley what happened to me from overuse, too much too soon.... Shock

http://www.skinbio.com/usingsrcps.html
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
SandraG wrote:
loveyourskin
Go to the following link, scroll down 2/3rds and view the animation of the infamous uglies.....

This is exactley what happened to me from overuse, too much too soon.... Shock

http://www.skinbio.com/usingsrcps.html

Thanks Sandra for the explanation. My last question would be...if I embark on the CPs, when might I experience the sagging, and more importantly, how long in your experience did it last once you backed off the CPs. From the skinbio site. It would seem you should give yourself about 2 or 3 weeks to see how you react. That to me means don't start if you have something big happenenig in that time period...would you agree?? Question
(P.S. I have been following the lip augmentation, and I am glad all is well)
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I went straight onto Supercopper. I applied it every other night. In about 2 months, I got the uglies real bad. So, I stopped. It cleared up in about 2-3 weeks, and my skin looked good again.
Then, I re-introduced it and this time, diluted it. I did about 1/3 cup water, with 2 teaspoons of SRCP. I use it every night and I only put one drop per face area. Eg:1 drop per cheek, 1 drop on forehead, 1 drop on chin, 1 drop on nose and upper lip, 1 drop on both upper eyelids, 2 drops on neck.
My skin is NOT getting ugly this time, and I'm starting to see some real tightenning.
I just did it the more sensible way this time, and it's going great.
Before, I just slapped it on all over.
I guess Dr P recomends starting slow for a reason Shock
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
SandraG - are you premixing your water and super CP?
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yes. 1/3rd cup water with 2 teaspoons of SCopper.

Makes a big difference. Very tolerable. Love it

I have it pre mixed in a bottle with one of thoes droppers on the lid, so I can dispence it in drops on my face area. I went to the target pharmacy and asked if they sell medicine bottles with that dropper lid, and the lady said they dont sell them, but gave me 2 empty bottles for free Razz
She said just take them, and dont say anything at the checkout Laughing
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Sandra. I was not sure if you could do that or not. I just tonight started on my super Cop. I mixed 2 drops of super CP to 1 drop of water. I feel like it barely covered my face (I was using 5 drops of straight regular CP serum but I am too afraid to do that with the super!)
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Yeah...it says on skin bio site, that you can dilute with water.
I use bottle water too.

I'll probably add another teaspoon to my mix in a couple of months. Maybe 2-3 months.
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone advise me please as I am totally confused. I have recieved my order from Skin Bio. It consists of these products. SUPER GHK COPPER, LACSAL SERUM, EXFOL CREAM, P&R CLASSIC, P&R 3, P&R DAYCOVER, CP SERUM, CP NIGHTEYES, SUPER CP SERUM, CP NIGHTEYES PREMIER, SQUALINE, and EMU OIL. I have combination skin and rosacea which is not really active at the moment, not too sensitive. The instructions I received are not too clear. They say use exfol serum/cream pm and copper am. Do I need to put anything on top of the exfol at night, and can I use moisturiser daily or just the emu/squaline and where do the other products fit in? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
lillilulu

I use my lacsal serum (which I am loving!!!), after my Vit C during the day, then at night (12hrs at least after applying vit c), I use my Super copper. I am still diluting my copper and will be for about 6 months, until the small bottle I made runs out, then I'll make the next rounds stronger ect..(see my post on prior page about how I mix it.
The over the eye copper you got, I would use it at night.
I apply my emu oil, on top of everything, at night, as the final step.
The other products you got, hopefully someone that knows thoes, can advise you for their use.
Hang in there, you've got some good stuff!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
lillilulu - I am not expert and have only been using this stuff for about 6 weeks now. But I have been reading everything I can! According to the skin bio site: use your lacsal or exfol at opposite end of the day as your copper product. Since you got the new GHK, I would start with that once a day (it is the mildest version). Exfol is more mild than Lacsal, so you could use the Exfol first to make sure you can handle that. You can use the milder P&R classic on top of the Exfol or the P&R daycover, depending on the time of day you are using it. Basically you got a kit with everything (!) and the goal is to stick with the milder products for a while to make sure you don't have a reaction, and then move up in strength slowly. I would add 1 product at a time to make sure you don't have a reaction to anything. So, exfol is milder than LacSal. P&R classic is milder than P&R3, GHK, then regular CP serum and then super CP serum in order of mild to strong. You can use your squaline and/or emu whenever you feel you need more moisture to your skin. Can't help with the eye products as I don't use them. It looks like you have enough stuff to last at least 1 year!
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I agree with rileygirl.
Put away the copper serum, super copper serum, and night eyes for now until your skin gets used to the milder products. It could take months before your skin is ready for the stronger products.
Start with the GHK and night eyes premier at night, and the exfol cream and perhaps the day cream during the day for now and see how that goes. Of coarse, you can use the emu and/or squalene if your skin needs extra moisture.
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 8:44 am      Reply with quote
SandraG and Rileygirl, thankyou for your responses. Hope you don't mind but I've got a few more questions. After using Exfol/Lacsal, should I use any moisturiser or just emu oil, and also, should these two products be used in the eye area? I also get prescription Retin-A 0.025%, can that be used at night on top of any of the coppers?
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Debster1000, have just seen your post. Thankyou, I will take that advice. By daycream, which one do you mean, the daycover?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Lillilulu - after Exfol/Lacsal you can use emu/squalene (!) if you need to, like Debster said when you need extra moisture. You can use Retin A with copper peptides, no problems. Very Happy
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 9:22 am      Reply with quote
I've been looking around for the reference, but isn't lacsal a new product created to use with GHK which is sensitive to acids? Please correct me if I'm wrong... Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Marina - I don't think it was specifically formulated for use with the GHK, but I could be wrong. It is supposed to be a stronger version of skin bio's Exfol, which is 2% salicylic. Lacsal is 8.5% lactic acid and 1.5% salicylic acid.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Marina - I don't think it was specifically formulated for use with the GHK, but I could be wrong. It is supposed to be a stronger version of skin bio's Exfol, which is 2% salicylic. Lacsal is 8.5% lactic acid and 1.5% salicylic acid.

I don't know about stronger..the ph is about 3.7..some have said 4, but 3.7 is from skinbio. I don't know the ph of exfol.I'm knew to copper, so bear with me. Embarassed
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
I'm fairly new to them also, Marina. Very Happy
I am trying (unsuccessfully I might add!) to quote from the skin bio site -

"But Exfol Serum/Cream contains 2% hydroxy acid (salicylic acid) and LacSal Serum/Cream contains 10% hydroxy acid (8.5% Lactic Acid + 1.5% salicylic acid).

Many have reported very good success with lactic acid; and have said that it is a gentler skin exfoliant.

LacSal may be a better option for those dealing with deeper wrinkles/lines, scars, or for those ready to work up to a stronger leave-on exfoliant."
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Bumping this post up because I wanted to see if you all were still using the copper peptides and how it is going for you?
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 10:50 am      Reply with quote
How old should you be or rather how much signs of aging should you see before you start using CP? Can you actually use it as a prevention?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 11:14 am      Reply with quote
I tried the CP's after finding this site. I actually had good skin and was happy with it--people generally thought I was 8-10 years younger than I am. I am not really sure why I jumped on the band wagon--group excitement, maybe--or trying to ward off the inevitable. Anyway...I started off very slowly, but still got a BAD case of the uglies--I look(ed) like an old hag--if this is what the future holds for me, then I better make the appt with the p. surgeon now! It has been about 4 weeks since I stopped the CP's and my skin is still not back to normal. It is improving, but not fast enough. I am glad that they work for some people, but they were anything but HG for me. Next time I will look before I leap. If I am happy with the way things are going, I am not going to mess with a good thing. As an aside, I never owned a 10x mag. mirror until I joined this site--no good can come of seeing my imperfections enlarged. The mirror is going to the landfill with the CP's. That way the rats can check out how well the CP's are working for them. Laughing
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
SandraG wrote:
GHK is the weakest.
Here's the order of strengths
http://www.skinbio.com/usingsrcps.html#1

Even though you can use it on eyes and under..it's from the crease of the eye up, not on the lid (skin is too thin here).

Jeez I find their site confusing.
Super GHK is "very mild" strength but then described "contains approximately five times more GHK-Copper than the strongest formulations available..."
And then CP serum is "moderate" strength but then described "more acceptable for many persons with very sensitive skin.."
Then there's "P&R" and "Trireduction" and "Super Cop" and "SuperCP" and etc...
Why make it so confusing?
steffers
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I told myself I wasn't going to order anything new until i had used up everything that was already in my bathroom (my new rule!), and the time has arrived for a new shipment, and i'd like to try CP's.

Couple of concerns:
Diluting? Eeek. I am a klutz. If i have to pour tiny amounts of liquid and add water in the palm of my hand, I will be wearing it, guaranteed. Is there not something I can start with that is mild that does not require diluting for my sensitive skin?

Also, how many products should i be ordering here? Ultra emu, exfol serum, ..... What do i need?

SKIN: 33,fair.My work env't is skin hell! (flight attend. = dryness&eye circles!) AM: Lavantine Cleansing Oil, squalane, ISOMERS carnosine complex (250x more pow'ful than Idebenone), eye cream varies, JuiceBeauty Antiox Serum, Anthelios SS. PM: Lavantine, squalane, Remergent DNA Repair. Want: Silk Dust
steffers
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
SandraG wrote:

Jeez I find their site confusing.

Super GHK is "very mild" strength but then described "contains approximately five times more GHK-Copper than the strongest formulations available..."
And then CP serum is "moderate" strength but then described "more acceptable for many persons with very sensitive skin.."
Then there's "P&R" and "Trireduction" and "Super Cop" and "SuperCP" and etc...
Why make it so confusing?

That is another reason why it has taken me so long to get into CP's.... I can't figure out how to get all the info i need from this site! It's a nightmare to navigate! I don't know what is what, and when you call them, you get someone on the phone who is flipping through papers and gives vague and pre-constructed answers! Argh.

SKIN: 33,fair.My work env't is skin hell! (flight attend. = dryness&eye circles!) AM: Lavantine Cleansing Oil, squalane, ISOMERS carnosine complex (250x more pow'ful than Idebenone), eye cream varies, JuiceBeauty Antiox Serum, Anthelios SS. PM: Lavantine, squalane, Remergent DNA Repair. Want: Silk Dust
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Steffers - try their new super GHK serum. That is their mildest CP and you don't dilute that. You don't necessarily have to dilute the regular CP serum - you could just start with like 2 drops for your whole face and use that once a day for around 2 weeks to see how you do. If you got the super GHK, you would use that at one end of the day and then the exfol or their new LacSal at the opposite end of the day. Same with their regular CP serum, use that once a day, and at the opposite end of the day use their exfol or LacSal.

If you go to the skin bio site and look under "skin advice" at the top of the page, they give you "sample" routines for beginners to try. The can give you recommendations, but since everyones skin is different, it is really experimenting to find a "routine" that works well for you. Just remember, start out SLOW and use very little, you don't need much of the products. HTH!
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |