Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
*** 3 Months On: Request Feedback On My Current Regimen ***
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Moon_Man
5% products discount

Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:43 am      Reply with quote
So, I came here for help around 3 months ago and I built up a regimen based on the suggestions of other experienced members. But, the time is coming where I'm running out of these products and am looking to improve my regimen. The 4 products I currently use are:
    Cleanse: Thursday Plantation's Tea Tree Foaming Facewash w/ Chamomile
    Exfoliate: Paula's Choice - 2% BHA Lotion (All Skin Types)
    Moisturise: Paula's Choice - Skin Balancing Moisture Gel (Normal to oily/combo skin)
    Spot Treatment: Thursday Plantation's Tea Tree Blemish Gel

Here is how a typical day will go:

AM
    Cleanse (wait 10 minutes)
    Exfoliate w/ 2% BHA (wait 30 mins)
    Moisturise

PM
    Cleanse (wait 10 minutes)
    Exfoliate w/ 2% BHA (wait 30 mins)
    Treat Spots w/ tea tree gel (wait 5 mins)
    Moisturise

(I am guilty of sometimes missing out exfoliation or the moisturise gel now and again.)

Now, I'm back to ask for some further advice because I'm not seeing the results I would like. I am still getting spots, I still have some black heads and the overall quality and texture of my skin has only improved slightly.

The regimen has helped to clear up the spots a little but I am still getting the odd breakout. They are, generally speaking, the type of spots that feel like a bump and are painful to touch in their early stages, even though you can't see them early on, then they become inflamed and red and eventually develop a whitehead. But they tend to take a very long time for the scars to disappear which is my main concern. I also have a lot of bumps that seem to be pores that are clogged with oil scattered around my face and quite a few black heads on my nose and forehead which just make my skin look rough and greasy.

My question is what can I do differently to help clear up my acne once and for all and improve the texture of my skin.
Am I using the 2% BHA too often?
Should I use a Glycolic Acid face wash instead?
Am I using too much tea tree oil?
Might skipping steps of the regimen be causing the breakouts?

Any help is much appreciated!

-MM =o

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:22 am      Reply with quote
If the BHA isn't effective, you might try a different brand. I used Paula's Choice and never saw much of an improvement. You also might be able to step up the BHA, moving on to a 5% solution.

I tried several PC exfoliators and pretty much gave up on BHA. But now I use I Feel Pretty BHA (started out with the 2%BHA/4% AHA and now am on the 5% BHA) and saw much better results.

http://www.ifeelprettyproducts.com/exfoliants.htm

I also use IFP Healing serum...it's unbelievable for spots. They go away overnight.

http://www.ifeelprettyproducts.com/facial.htm

If you are happy with the moisturizer and face wash, then you could just tweak the other products to see if that works. I'm oily/combo and breakout prone...so I know the problem with spots! I don't moisturize at night though...I only do that during the day. I know if I moisturize too much, my skin breaks out.

You also might try an oil balancing product, like Decleor Ylang Ylang oil/balm. I have been using these since July and used to be really oily, now I'm more combo. I didn't see results right away (some make the mistake and think that after a week or two, it's not working, it takes longer!), but after a few months I noticed that I wasn't as oily! Combined with my pearl cream (which I use instead of moisturizer, best thing I ever did!) I stay much more matte during the day.

Smile You'll find what works for you! It took me several times to get it right...it just takes a bit of tweaking sometimes!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Good day Moonman, ahhh almost there but not quite. The reason why you're still getting spots is because you're piece mealing things together. Dump the tea tree oil.

The BHA is good for you but you must use the blemish fighter that goes with it (the Paula's Choice!!) THAN you will get your results. A thin layer OVER your bumps or problem areas after the BHA is all you need to do. You could use the BHA only once a day (at night) along with the blemish fighting solution and use only the BFS in the daytime over your problem areas. This is what I do and I get SPECTACULAR results. And than, your spf over. LOVE this combination together. You must also use a gentle cleanser so the glycolic is out and its too drying anyway. Last thing you want to do is irritate what you have already. I'm confident you will see the results you're looking for if you apply Paula's Choice blemish fighting solution over your PC BHA. Good luck!
Moon_Man
5% products discount

Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies.

ParisTroika - I never thought of increasing the dosage of BHA. I think I will just try changing my cleanser and blemish fighting solution first, as it seems the least drastic. If it is just that I'm using the wrong products along side the Paula's Choice stuff then it's best I find that out first. If that doesn't help I will definitely be interested in checking out the IFP range.

With regards to the Decleor Ylang Ylang oil/balm, where can I find it and how would it figure in my current regimen?

SusieQ - Are you suggesting I drop both the tea tree cleanser and blemish fighting gel? What cleanser would you recommend using instead?

Also, the bumps I am referring to are spread on most areas of the face, so if I was to get the PC blemish fighting solution it would be very difficult to apply it only to problem areas without smearing it all over my face. That's why I was thinking about a glycolic acid cleanser to break down the black heads and bumps.

What do you think?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Moonman! Whoops, yes drop your tree tea cleanser and the gel. Don't get me wrong, I do love anything tee tree, but I believe its meant only for cuts, scrapes, skin infections and only then it must be diluted with water and never applied full strength.

In other words moonman, use all Paula's Choice products. I would use her normal skin cleanser which is just awesome! And by all means if you choose the PC blemish fighter do smear it all over (thin layer). It will keep bacteria off your face. It is a very nice formulation, its like a moisturizer and being a guy, this is all I'm sure that you want to use to get the job done. Can't wait to hear what you decide to do.
Moon_Man
5% products discount

Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
Hi Moonman! Whoops, yes drop your tree tea cleanser and the gel. Don't get me wrong, I do love anything tee tree, but I believe its meant only for cuts, scrapes, skin infections and only then it must be diluted with water and never applied full strength.

In other words moonman, use all Paula's Choice products. I would use her normal skin cleanser which is just awesome! And by all means if you choose the PC blemish fighter do smear it all over (thin layer). It will keep bacteria off your face. It is a very nice formulation, its like a moisturizer and being a guy, this is all I'm sure that you want to use to get the job done. Can't wait to hear what you decide to do.

Ah thanks for clearing that up. So is it Paula's Choice 'One Step Face Cleanser' that you are referring to? And do I still need a moisturiser if I use the PC blemish fighter?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Moon_Man wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

ParisTroika - I never thought of increasing the dosage of BHA. I think I will just try changing my cleanser and blemish fighting solution first, as it seems the least drastic. If it is just that I'm using the wrong products along side the Paula's Choice stuff then it's best I find that out first. If that doesn't help I will definitely be interested in checking out the IFP range.

With regards to the Decleor Ylang Ylang oil/balm, where can I find it and how would it figure in my current regimen?

SusieQ - Are you suggesting I drop both the tea tree cleanser and blemish fighting gel? What cleanser would you recommend using instead?

Also, the bumps I am referring to are spread on most areas of the face, so if I was to get the PC blemish fighting solution it would be very difficult to apply it only to problem areas without smearing it all over my face. That's why I was thinking about a glycolic acid cleanser to break down the black heads and bumps.

What do you think?

The Decleor Balm is used only at night. And the Decleor I'd use it after your BHA (that's what I do...well, not exactly, I put on my pearl cream first, which should be right next to the skin, then my Decleor oil). If you want to spot treat then put the oil on, I think you can do that too.

At night I wouldn't moisturize...just the balm. After the balm I then I spot treat on top if I need to, but I use an oil to spot treat (Healing serum)...it might make a difference the order you go. An oil acts as a barrier so if you use PC blemish treatment, you might want to put that under the balm.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Moon_Man wrote:
SusieQ wrote:

Ah thanks for clearing that up. So is it Paula's Choice 'One Step Face Cleanser' that you are referring to? And do I still need a moisturiser if I use the PC blemish fighter?
Yes the one step cleanser for normal skin. As for the moisturizer, only use if you think you need it. If your skin is very oily in the t-zone area, I would skip it, since your own oils would be sufficient. The blemish fighter would in effect be your moisturizer.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |