Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Alpha Hydrox- anyone using their products?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
siriusalien
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Visited the web site for Alpha Hydrox today. Seems like an inexpensive source for AHA products. Is anyone using them? Any raves or compaints?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Actually, it is so strong for me.
but you should check below link.
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/searching.asp?x=y&CategoryID=0&brandname=&brand=741&title=&GO.x=13&GO.y=6
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Im using the 12% souffle with excellent results! Here is the review I just wrote up on it-

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=22882

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Emilee_ann_143
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
i love their alpha hydrox face foaming wash. cheap and does the job!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
12% Souffle and my face had clogged pores in every pore I could see. I kept using it for about a month, and finally returned the product because I could clean out my pores and the next day the same pores would be full of gunk again. I know this for a fact, because I did a small test. I actually circled about a dime size area on the side of my face (my hair covers it, so you would not see it). I cleaned all my pores, and the next day in that small dime size area, I squeezed out more junk from EVERY pore. I don't see the benefit here. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Emilee_ann_143 wrote:

yes! i buy it from ulta.
NoNaMe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Emilee_ann_143 wrote:

I used it but nothing special. Confused
histeric
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have ben using the 12% souffle for two weeks. Haven't seen any results yet. it works wonder on a lot of people though, as far as I saw on makeupvalley.com. For my sensitive skin, it stings my skin after each application. But, I have to put an extra layer of moisturizer on top of it for it is a little dry for me in fall and winter time.
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
I am using the nurishing cleanser with beads in it. it is not bad, it cleanses without drying. great for summer time.

I also tried the aha mask. although the result turned out ok, I really would not rec this to anyone with a sensitive skin.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased the 12% AHA Souffle as well as the Nourishing Cleanser on April 20th. Everything was fine until I had a massive reaction to the Souffle around day 3 of applying this cream. My skin broke out in clusters of painful pimple-like bumps and I was forced to apply aloe and refrain from wearing any other products including serums, moisturizers, and make-up until my skin completely recovered (which took about 4 days). I now know with certainty that I do not tolerate glycolic acids that are chemically devised. I can, however, use fruit derived glycolic acids will no problem. Please test this cream out on an area of your face or neck for several days before you apply it everywhere!

As for the cleanser, it's not bad but I returned it along with Souffle as I want a product that has a 5.5 pH level (and this cleanser is around 4.4, which is too acidic for my skin right now). If I could make a suggestion it would be to take Vonstella up on her kind offer to test the Souffle before you rush out to buy it. She has indicated in her review of this product that she would be happy to send samples to people who are interested.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the 12% AHA souffle for quite a while now. It makes my skin smoother and less bumpy. Yea I guess it does help to keep my skin clear. But I wouldnt say flawless. Acne scars wise, I dont think they have helped much. Maybe a bit. Faded but not totally gone.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
I used the souffle for about six months. I did not notice any results; conversely, it did not cause any skin issues. I have slightly oily skin and found that using a cream aha and then my nighttime cream on top was really not the best route for my skin. I really had good results with La Prairie's Retexturing Booster and fair results with Murad's Night Reform. The La Prairie was a huge investment so I am now trying out Isomers Daily Exfoliating Serum. Night Reform is always a fallback choice for me. When I can submit an objective review of Isomers, I will post.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Alpha Hydrox was one of the first to come out with AHAs and glycolics many years ago. They are also forthcoming about their formulations. In other words this line has the percentage of AHAs to at make a difference on skin. You'll be pleased to use this line.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 2:48 am      Reply with quote
I recommend face wash and 12% aha souffle. It works.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
I really like their foaming face wash (not the one in the squeeze tube with the microbeads, but the one that comes in a little white bottle with a red cap)and AHA cream (the 10%, not the 12% souffle, which irritated my skin and didn't do it much better). The AHA cream is great if you can tolerate AHAs and moisturizing enough for combination skin in wintertime. The face wash is gentler than you'd think as well, and cleans nicely without stripping or drying.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Quote:

I thought they discontinued the foaming face wash! I haven't seen it in any drugstores around here in over 6 months! Where did you guys purchase it?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |