Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

skincare for acne pron dry, oily, sensetive and aging skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ginab224

Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
After months of searching or even years of searching. all the products i have tried. what are the best products for acne pron skin for females in mid 30's and still concerned about wrinkles and sun spots. i am so confused. i have spent thousands and thousands. just dot know what to buy.
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
I am mid thirties with similar skin. The key for me is to be gentle with my skin and protect it from the sun every day. Most anti-acne treatments are too harsh, while most anti-aging treatments are too moisturizing. Have you ever tried any prescription retinoids ? (ie. Retin A) While prescribed for acne, they have anti-aging benefits as well.

Tina
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum ginab244!

I am a few years past mid thirties-although if you want to call 39 mid thirties I won't complain. Wink I do have the same issues as you....acne prone, slightly oily skin that is prone to dehydrtion and very senstive. I agree with Tina that if your skin can tolerate it perscription retinoids would be a good choice. If RetinA is too much for your skin Tazorac might be a good choice. The least irritating of the prescription retinoids is Differin but it also has the least proof of anti-aging benefit.

I used Differin for years and just switched to Ziana which is RetinA 0.025% plus clindamycin.

I also agree with Tina about sun protection especially if you start retinoids and/or have sun spots.
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have suffered from serious acne, which started a few years ago. I am also concerned about preventative skin care. I've tried SO many different lines, luxury, drugstore & infomercial. But I am so happy to share that I think I may have found the answer to my prayers. I started using Jan Marini Bioglycolic cleanser & Bioclear cream last week & after using the products for just one week I have not had single breakout. This is huge for me b/c I would have 5-10 everyday & then would have a residual scar. I just couldn't catch up w/fading all the scars, even with all of the exfoliation I was doing. But now since the acne has stopped, all I have to do is patiently fade the scars.

The Bioclear's active ingredients are salycilic (acne), glycolic (exfoliation)& azelaic (hyperpigmentation). I can't tell you how happy it makes me to wake up in the morning & not have acne. Now I just need to deal with fading all of the marks. The exfoliation the products provide will definitely help with the anti-aging as well. Just be sure to use sunscreen (I love Sofina).

I do use retin a, but I have been for months, so I know that that wasn't the reason my face cleared. But, I do think it is important for the anti-aging benefits.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! Very Happy

Same problems. But I am happy now because overall, I can walk out of the house without make-up or foundation.

Prescription Vitamin A Acid worked for me but I still get breakouts. At least they are not painful & now I can focus on anti-aging!

I'm a fan of Cellcosmet & Cetaphil. Now I will be experimenting with Kate Somerville.

Also, I am always searching for fantastic unscented body care products.
ginab224

Sat May 05, 2007 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
i have been using tazorac for the past year. i still get mild peeling howeever, it does keep the pores clean and have very little cyctic breakouts. i did a few years ago take acutane for almost a year. just a few weeks shy of one year. i still get concerned with breakout. however, i need to focus on aging as well. the tazarac does take care of the sun spots on my face. my pores are smaller and lines have demished between my brows and laugh lines. i stare at pc and i look like i am mad all the time. how long do i have to wait to have normal skin. with aging it just seems to get more and more complex.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
My doctor said that in general with prescription, at least three months. Could be longer with skincare products.
melodymok
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
My doctor said that in general with prescription, at least three months. Could be longer with skincare products.

What kind of prescription? Is it oral medication or topical one?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
melodymok wrote:
Skincare wrote:

What kind of prescription? Is it oral medication or topical one?

He meant topical. I don't know about oral.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |