Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Bare Essentials Mineral Makeup
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
apryl188
5% products discount

Tue May 01, 2007 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried bare essentials mineral makeup? Does it work well for acne prone skin? I have tried Sheer Cover, which broke out my skin, but I was wondering if this would work. Does anyone know if they offer a money back guarantee, because so far I can't find a site that does. Any help would be great! Thanks
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi apryl188,

There are lots of threads here on EDS that deal with BE Mineral Makeup. Try the search function here at EDS for Mineral Makeup. There are lots of reviews, opinion etc.

Some people love it ... some don't.

BE has bismuth in it ... that's what gives it the glow ... and some people are sensitive to that particular ingredient.

There are lots of smaller Mineral Makeup companies on the internet as well ... and most of them sell sample sizes. When I was looking for "the perfect" MMU for myself, I had several samples sent to me from various companies. The samples, while they seem small, last quite a long time ... so you really get a chance to see if you like the colour, texture etc. If your face doesn't like a given line, then you've only spent $2 or $3 on getting the samples. Smile

I don't think there's a makeup out there, mineral or conventional, that offers a "money back guarantee".

However, you also might want to check out

http://www.makeupalley.com

for consumer reviews of this sort of thing.

Physicians Formula also has a line of Mineral Makeup called Mineral Wear ... and lots of people are quite impressed with it as well.

Acne prones generally do very well with MMU ... and even report that their acne actually improved with wearing MMU.

There is a learning curve with MMU ... it's not like applying conventional powders ... but once you have mastered it, the application is flawless.

I could never go back to conventional foundation ever again. Very Happy

HTH

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 7:14 am      Reply with quote
I have tried it...and did like it...I still use it as a concealer bc the coverage is os heavy. But I like LM MMU much better...its just all around a better product.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 8:17 am      Reply with quote
HATED IT. Not only because it clogged my pores A TON! It broke me out and because of it's "shine, my clogged pores and zits just looked huge. It sits in all your nooks and cracks and wrinkles (call them laugh lines). The stuff is horrible. I know many people that use it and swear by it, some people in my office. Those ladies that use it and rave about it, I don't have the nerve or guts to tell them, it looks awful on them! How do you tell someone, hey I know you love that makeup (or hairstyle whatever) but it really looks like S&*t! Really, take a second look in the mirror, because you are missing something when you look

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Hated it. I am one of those sensitive to bismuth and this line of mineral make-up made my face itch terribly.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Hated it. I have beautiful skin, but this make-up managed to find and highlight every tiny flaw.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 10:16 am      Reply with quote
mom2tommax wrote:
Hated it. I am one of those sensitive to bismuth and this line of mineral make-up made my face itch terribly.

it sounds terrible!
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
When I used BE, I broke out all of the time and it was too glowy. I have since moved on. You should try some SAMPLES from Alima, Lumiere, Everyday Minerals, UGG, etc. The more samples you try the better for your skin and wallet. I have used Alima since Feb 2007, and I have not had clogged skin or acne. However, I also changed my skincare. I had some old BE though and I tried it last week and I got some tiny bumbps on my chin. I tossed it out for good! Much luck to you in your quest!
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Wow. I've worn BE for quite awhile and really liked it although with all these fab reviews I'm sure I'll look for samples elsewhere when I run out! As I age I prefer a more matte look and have literally pitched all my shimmery shadows. I'm using up my fav colors on my eyes and will look for basic elsewhere for THOSE as well.

But BE has been good to me ... I just want to play elsewhere now.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
BE didn't work for me, it is too shiny too oily! It makes my pores look larger too! I hated it, and it makes my face too itchy! Mad
babs1031
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 6:42 am      Reply with quote
I have been using BE for a while and really like it. I am always afraid to try foundations for fear of breaking out, but so far so good....I like the coverage and I do like the glow it gives. I don't care for a matted look when wearing foundation.
Jenhelen7
5% products discount

Tue May 08, 2007 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I love my BE mineral makeup - no problems with break outs or anything. I like the look especially when used with the mineral veil. BUT (there is always a but isn't there?) I have recently been using the Colore Science Face Coloure SPF 20 and it is great. It is so much easier to carry around because it comes in the brush/tube (none of that tapping, swirling etc etc) which is indestructible and doesn't spill - I put one through the laundry with no ill-effects. In addition I find the coverage looks more natural on me and the sun protection lasts longer.
Racecargirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer Laura Mercier's Mineral Make Up and Lumiere. I tried BE and it just didn't look natural on my skin. UGloGirl is also very good.

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
melodymok
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
I also want to try colorscience and I have heard that jane iredale is good too. However, they also contain bismuth.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi April,

SheerCover was my first MMU and it broke me out BIG time. I also tried BE, and that also broke me out too. Next were Lumiere, and Alima. Lumiere did break me out too but not that bad.. Alima did not break me out but it aggravated my skin and the finish was terrible. My skin is extremely dry and Alima gave me a FLAT MATTE powdery & cakey finish which I extremely hated!! Right now my HG is SunCat Natural MMU!! The finish is gorgeous on my dry skin. I've also tried Laura Mercier Mineral Foundation recently and the texture is just like SunCat.. both melts in my skin and don't break me out nor do they aggravate my skin. I'm sticking with SunCat because I love everything I've tried from them so far. Shelly (owner of SunCat MMU) has a new formula (semi-matte) foundation, and the finish is just like LM Mineral Foundation.. the original formula gives you a glowy/radiant look.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
I bought its loose powder (can't remember its full product name) from EDS. I did not like it.
I like Bobbi Brown, it gives me a natural look.
hattie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Makes my face feel real dry. I moisturize prior to using & also use their product to use "Rev UP" or something like that. Still dry and and feels cakey. Was hoping for much better afer all the reviews I read.
Reneem4

Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
I don't get much acne but have'nt found any of the BE products cause breakouts at all. I have a very fair complexion and regularly get compliments at how fresh, young and glowing my skin looks. The key thing i love though is that it looks quite natural unlike most liquid foundations and it hides my rosecia. My only problem is when its hot it tends to sweat off my nose for some reason(only the nose) and when its rainy and your face gets even a tiny bit wet i'm ruined for the day in trying to fix it.
Overall great product though.
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
My only problem with BE is their lack of colors. Their colors make my skin look ashy. I need something warmer for my yellow undertones.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
I was grateful that Sephora took it back after I tried the Starter Kit for 2 weeks without any questions. It just never looked natural on my skin, or due to my application skill. But I have to say it's great value in the StarterKit when those brushes are also included. I love the brushes but not the powder.
suzielap
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
I only tried Pure Minerals. I loved everything about it except the smell!
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hated it. Broke out my skin and highlighted fine lines. Using Alima now and my skin is so much better.
jjirak
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Colorscience's Sunforgettables SPF 30. It's nice but the clear one is not so clear. It is more like white and shows up. I would recommend getting one that matches your skin tone.
IMISS
5% products discount

Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
I first tried BE ( too drying) then went to True cosmetics, I found that too shiney, so now and I'm serious skincare mineral makeup and loving it. doesn't make my face dry out and isn't too heavy..
I got it at hsn com
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:56 am      Reply with quote
I used BE...It gave my skin an orangy tinge. I like Alima's mineral foundation much better. It gives a much natural color.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |