Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
What Are Your Pet Peeves?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Everyone has quirks and things that drive them crazy. I'd like to know what your own are. A few of mine to share:

* belligerant people, rudeness, arrogance, ignorance, bigotry. These all seem to fall into a similar category.

* lateness.
* animal cruelty.
* people who spit in public. I never fail to comment on peoples' piggish behavior, if I see them do this. Kid you not. Like, "Nice.", or "Thank you. That was so special". Pigs.

* poor grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
* people who walk too slowly, or stand in the middle of sidewalk/isle traffic. "Move. Now!"

* dirty bathrooms and kitchens. Yuck.
* people with B.O. It's not socially acceptable, but some don't realize this or care.

* when I see women walking-along, smoking. I think it looks cheap, big ol' butt hanging from their lips. Confused
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with all the above.
I also don't like people who moan about people showing them respect, when they treat people like dirt themselves.
*people that have a supervisor position at work and treat the 'UNDERLINGS' like dirt.
*people that clearly are not disabled parking in disabled car spaces.
*shop assistants who ignore you and carry on talking whilst you are waiting to be served. I have walked out of many shops because of this. even if it means I have to sneak back later to make purchase.
*drinking & driving
*not having enough money to by all the beauty products I need. Rolling Eyes
*so called friends who can't keep secrets
The sound of my voice whining, which is what it sounds like at the moment.
Probably lots more things.OMG. I didn't realise I was such a misery Sad
saver
5% products discount

Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
In general, I just try to ignore these things unless they clearly pose a serious threat to other people's health or well-being. I just won't let other people's behaviour or conduct that I deem inappropriate add another unwanted wrinkle on my face (that would negate the benefits of all the wonderdul products that I get from this site). Smile
Mabsy

Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:28 am      Reply with quote
*People who insist on smoking around me.
*Cruelty to animals - have a look at this recent Aus news item. How about I tie THEM to the bike and let them see what it's like? Mad People like that should be locked away and made to suffer!
*Students that come to beg for extra marks here and there on their exam. My marking is final! I KNOW what I am doing (even if I DO mark exams over a glass of wine Laughing )
*People who are late
*People who never put things back where they found them (here's lookin' at you dad! Wink)
*friends who are too busy for you while they're not single, yet the minute they become single again they keep whining that you don't spend enough time with them.
*workmates who have a short attention span - doesn't bother me until I have to work with them on something Laughing
*people not washing their hands after they go to the loo Confused - I wash my hands and then touch the SAME door handle.
*all the usual things like rudeness, sexism, racism etc etc
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:44 am      Reply with quote
CATS!!! hate 'em, they have wiped out the bird population in my area, and my neighbour's 6 cats insist on cr@pping in my garden and on my doorstep, but, having said that, the kind of behaviour that went on with those soldiers was horrible Mad
All the rest I go with loopy, Mabs and Casper's Mum, especially lateness

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:54 am      Reply with quote
OOhhhh no....cats??...they are so cute...You'd love my 2 cats, they are indoor cats and dont crap on anyones garden!!!...They save it all for me in the litter tray!

I also go with everyone else...I also dont like liars!

Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I don't like cats in general but I would love to have a specific breed of cat. Devon Rex cats only have a very fine coating of fluff (and don't shed) plus they have a very dependant (almost dog-like) personality. They also wag their tails when happy and love to go for a swim Very Happy No kidding!

So, one day, I shall get myself a Devon Rex and I shall call it Gizmo. Other people have their wedding day and kids' names planned out. I just have the cat breed and cat's name. That's probably not a good sign of things to come Laughing
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:39 am      Reply with quote
My cats are Radgoll's. They have rabbit like soft fur so don't need grooming that much and dont really shed hair. They get their name because when you pick them up they flop in your arms like a ragdoll!...they are very like siamese but /medium/long hair.

Devon Rex cats are beautiful!

Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Ragdoll cats are *so* cool! I took care of one for a few days (a couple of weeks ago). You pick them up and they just flop and hang there. You can literaly just walk around the house with this cat dangling on your arm Laughing

Mind you the one I was taking care of had a bit of a personality problem (unless it was hanging helpless on my arm of course!) Smile
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:48 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
CATS!!! hate 'em, they have wiped out the bird population in my area, and my neighbour's 6 cats insist on cr@pping in my garden and on my doorstep, but, having said that, the kind of behaviour that went on with those soldiers was horrible Mad

Liz you should have started a new thread about cats. I think you seem to be a bit outnumbered by the I love cats society. I like them to. But then I am running a bit of a zoo and we are often outnumbered by animals in my house Rolling Eyes
Caspers Mum

Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:

Uh-oh. Do you know who "Casper" is? MY cat! Embarassed My baby-girl She is indoor, and the only things that she catches are flies, other bugs, and once ... a mouse. Cats catch birds. It's their nature, just like dogs eat their own poo. Anxious I had a cat for 15 years, growing up. He caught the occasional bird, but it was our neighbor's multitude of (inter-bred) feral cats that would make the mess in the gardens, sandbox. My Dad once cleaned our sandbox out, putting the stuff into a bucket. He was fed up with the negligence of the (losers), threw the contents of the bucket over the fence, where it landed smack in the middle of their ... picnic table. Bad Grin

The moral of this story: don't hate cats. Hate irresponsible owners.
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:57 am      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum wrote:

Uh-oh. Do you know who "Casper" is? MY cat! Embarassed My baby-girl She is indoor, and the only things that she catches are flies, other bugs, and once ... a mouse. Cats catch birds. It's their nature, just like dogs eat their own poo. Anxious I had a cat for 15 years, growing up. He caught the occasional bird, but it was our neighbor's multitude of (inter-bred) feral cats that would make the mess in the gardens, sandbox. My Dad once cleaned our sandbox out, putting the stuff into a bucket. He was fed up with the negligence of the (losers), threw the contents of the bucket over the fence, where it landed smack in the middle of their ... picnic table. Bad Grin

Heyyyy Casper's a cat....groovy
My 2 furrbabies are my life, sad I know Rolling Eyes
people dont ask me how my weekend was anymore, they just ask me how my cats are!!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum wrote:
[

oops! I thought Casper was your kid! I think that in canada & the us, there is a different view of cat ownership. In the uk, if my neighbour's cat craps on my doorstep, I have to put up with it, as cat's have the 'right to roam' and I cannot do anything about it (as my next door charmingly put it). Whilst it is true that cats kill birds (and pests like rodents), it's really sad when an area which used to woken up by birdsong, is now silent. Thing is, cat owners, in the uk at least, do not have to be responsible and few of them are confined to indoors. I'd like to point out that although I hate cats, I'm NOT advocating killing them
Smile

Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Mabsy"]*People who insist on smoking around me.
*Cruelty to animals - have a look at this recent Aus news item. How about I tie THEM to the bike and let them see what it's like? Mad People like that should be locked away and made to suffer!

Noooooooooooooo! Speak to the hand I saw the headline of this link, and I didn't read any further. Cannot, and will not do it. That it, unless I want to be reduced to a blubbering mass,here at work. No thank you!
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
as much as i am enjoying the discussions about cats and how they are so totally fantastic, it is tinged with a bit of sadness for me, we had to 'make THAT decision' about our family cat, Winkle *who i'd had since i was 13* at the end of last year *sniff, sniff* still a bit sad about it really.
she was only the second family cat we'd had (the other one Simba had the good sense to pass over while we were away on holiday and the housesitters had to sort it out) and i can't believe how upset i got over it all! amazing how they manage to get their little furry selves so tied to our hearts.

back to my pet peeves -

firstly - lateness (ask kiwiboy *or should i say latenessboy* about my views on that!) about 2 months ago we were going out to a friends place for a bbq, he was late picking me up *surprise, surprise* so we were having a fight about it in the car *as you do* then, we get pulled over and he gets a speeding ticket! ha ha! actually no, i did feel quite bad about it really *for about 5 seconds!*

secondly - students that ask me dumb questions that i have already told them in lectures - ARE YOUR EARS PAINTED ON?! *sorry about that, just a small issue for me*

actually make that people who ask dumb questions in general, i am not tolerant of stupidity, something i need to work on...

sheesh, i could go on forever:
toilet seats left up
someone using the last bit of toilet paper and not replacing it
slow drivers
hair in the basin/shower (ick)
people who walk slowly on the foot path and i can't get past them, HURRY UP! I HAVE SOMEWHERE TO BE!
bad puncutation/spelling - there is no apostrophy in 'bananas' or 'tomatoes', *seriously, i have seen that*
etc. etc. etc.

i don't like the sound of myself after that, i sound really whine-y and intolerant - i am a nice person really, just ask my mum!!!
Mabsy

Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:33 am      Reply with quote
Kiwigirl wrote:
students that ask me dumb questions that i have already told them in lectures - ARE YOUR EARS PAINTED ON?! *sorry about that, just a small issue for me*

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Get used to it. Sometimes you can say "the assignment is due at 5pm on Friday". A few minutes later someone will put their hand up and say "what time is it due?" and no, they are not kidding around. You really wonder sometimes if they should even bother attending the exam.... Rolling Eyes
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
i think that although some of them do go to the exams they don't mentally attend them. i was quite proud actually, one of my students got the lowest ever mark in the exam - 7%! - and he had attended all the tutorials and got a reasonable mark on his essay! i mean seriously, i think he only got his name right!
sheesh, what's with these university students, it really feels like a waste of my time when they ask the dumbest questions possible - i love your example of asking what time the essay is due, oh too true!!!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:50 am      Reply with quote
LOL! mabsy and kiwigirl! You should encourage mature students to enrol on your courses, as we are much more reliable and know how to listen to instructions! Very Happy

Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Kiwigirl"]as much as i am enjoying the discussions about cats and how they are so totally fantastic, it is tinged with a bit of sadness for me, we had to 'make THAT decision' about our family cat, Winkle *who i'd had since i was 13* at the end of last year *sniff, sniff* still a bit sad about it really.
she was only the second family cat we'd had (the other one Simba had the good sense to pass over while we were away on holiday and the housesitters had to sort it out) and i can't believe how upset i got over it all! amazing how they manage to get their little furry selves so tied to our hearts. quote]

First of all, may I extend my deepest sympathy over the loss of your friend(s) and family members(s). Some people do not include pets as their family, but to me, that's what they are: family and your best friends. Sad

I understand only too well how difficult it is to make the decision to have a pet put to sleep. I wrestled with myself over this decision eight years ago. It is not an easy decision to come-to, but it comes down to two things: our own selfishness, or the quality of life for our beloved friends.

Before I adopted the mighty Casperilla Petunia , I owned a cat named Chester. He was given to me on my seventh birthday: October 29, 1981. My buddy, and we grew-up together. My cat, our family's first pet. I loved that silly, old sausage so much that I wouldn't even move-away from home until I was almost 22! (I grew up in northern B.C.. See www.town.smithers.bc.ca) Chester was diagnosed with kidney disease the spring of 1996, and at nearly fifteen years of age, there wasn't a lot that one could do for him, other than keep him comfortable. One can't exactly place a cat on dialysis, can they? Brick wall

I still kick myself for being selfish enough to wait perhaps one week too long to put him to sleep; I was being selfish, even though he was really, really sick. I should have let him go the week before I did make that decision: July 24, 1996. Crying or Very sad Really awful, and the worst thing I ever had to do.

He is buried in my parents' back-yard, under a tree that he loved to watch birds in. He is no longer in pain, sick, and his little, sweet spirit is free to catch butterflies & watch over my family and I. For the first few months that he was gone, my Mum swears that she would see him out of the corner of her eye, around their house. I believe it: I think that they do hang around for a while, to make-sure everyone's okay. Pray In fact, I also believe that he was there when I adopted Casper - helping us find each other. Ironically, this was the day after my birthday, sixteen years later. (Thanks, Chester! Good choice! )

"Time heals all wounds", as the saying goes. You'll be very sad for a while, but it eventually lessens to become something you remember with fondness and love for your friend. They're there, watching over you, guaranteed. Wink For all of the love you've shared & given, your friends will stick by you.

P.S. I now argue with my parents, if they ever mention moving, because I don't want them to leave Chester's little resting place behind. (I even put a little headstone there Exclamation )
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
thank you for your condolences, and i TOTALLY sympathise with you regarding your beloved Chester, Winkle was my little girl too, got her when i was 13 when she was just a wee kitten from the pet shop so we kind of grew up together too.
i don't live in the same city as my parents so i didn't get to see her in the last few weeks, but i know they were really struggling with what to do at the end. mum says that it was probably good that i remembered her looking well as towards the end she wasn't looking after herself that well *sigh*, anyway, we had a family meeting (me on the phone) and i said that whenever they thought was the right time that was okay with me. it ended up being the 19th of December, 2003.
although it was really sad *and yes, i keep thinking i see her whenever i go home too* the vets were amazing and arranged to have her cremated so we have our little box of Winkle at home, just waiting for the time when i'm ready the put her in all her favourite spots!
OMG, my parents will NEVER be allowed to move if that happens, we already left Simba our first cat (who was older than me and my older sister when he died) at our old house!
no replacement cat yet, but soon, when i finally decide where i am going to live i'll be knocking on the door of the SPCA (oh, Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, who have cats for adoption) for my own little fuzzy face!!!

okay, enough now, we should be talking about pet peeves not pets! *did you see what i did there, a little joke from moi... yeah, okay it wasn't THAT funny...*
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:39 am      Reply with quote
I realize this post as a few months old, but in my defense, I didn't discover and/or join this board until just last week.

I hate all stupid people. I'm not talking about people who are mentally handicapped -- they can't help it, I'm talking about people who are willfully and wantonly STUPID. In fact, my hatred is such that I believe these people should be all born with some kind of uniform tatoo on their foreheads so that the rest of us can be forewarned and can avoid them.

I realize how that sounds, but you wanted to know about my pet peeves and that's my biggest one. I also don't like being stuck in traffic or slow drivers in the fast lane. Bad punctuation and spelling. People who are late (it's just bloody rude and disrespectful!). People who wear too much perfume/cologne (read: others should not be able to SMELL you before they can SEE you!!). People who are cruel to animals. Dogs that bark for no apparent reason (not the dog's fault -- it's its stupid owner's fault!!). I'm sure there are others, but those are the top ten or so.

My sincerest apologies if I have offended any stupid people with my intolerance and discrimination! Wink

Carrie

P.S. I'm a cat person, too. Smile
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:54 am      Reply with quote
My peeves.

Well, the BIGGIE is people who walk down the street reading messages on their cell/mobile (and consequently walk slow, block the path, etc. etc.) I swear I just want to smack 'em in the head. Nothing in the world makes me more nutso.

If I sat and thought about it I know I could come up with a heck of a lot more.. but they might not be my "pet peeves"..

... oh here is one that is a pet. I truly dislike people who fail to ever say "thanks" or "job well done" - or even just recognize what you do for them -but are quick as a flash to dump on someone or nitpick their mistakes or yell if the "routine" is broken. Consideration folks!

Think I will go find the pics of my babies (my fur balls) that I used to have and shed a tear for living in a country where you are not permitted to keep cats in rental condos. Sad All this cat talk is making my eyes leak. Crying or Very sad
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Well, it didn't take much thought to come up with a big pet peeve of mine...people being chronically late when we're meeting them or having them to our house for dinner. Now, I'm talking LATE, not 10, 15, even 20 minutes late. My brother-in-law, who I do love dearly, and his family are always 45 minutes to 2 hours late. Shock I am not kidding. There's always an excuse, even a good one, like terrible traffic. Well, they live in Chicago, where is always traffic, so you just have figure that into your travel time. My bro-in-law says that he is not "on" time, that he is "in" time, meaning that he is in the moment and doesn't think ahead. I have a feeling that he is not so "in" time when he has a dr. appointment! So there you have it! Mad Shame on you Shame on you

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:03 am      Reply with quote
It really bothers me when people don't listen or give you their undivided attention!! They look every place but in your eyes like something better is going to come along any second. Neutral
crinklecut
5% products discount

Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Two big-time pet peeves:

1. I absolutely can't stand looking for something I've misplaced. Nothing will put me in a fouler mood than searching endlessly for an important piece of mail, my glasses, keys, whatever. Mad

2. Dining next to someone who is eating noisily (chomping, slurping, snorting, gulping, chewing with his/her mouth open). OMG. I can actually feel my blood pressure rising. Mad

That's it. Everything else falls under the heading of petty annoyances. Life's too short. Cool

crinklecut ~~~
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |