Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

help with hair stylist
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
violetdream
5% products discount

Wed May 02, 2007 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, I'm not sure where else to post this...I know there are a lot of girls here who know about beauty and spend a lot of time with their hair so maybe you can help.

I went and got a hair cut - I loved it when I walked out of the salon. When I got back, I decided to wash it to see if I could style it on my own. It took me about 6 washes and restylings to get it looking decent, but I can't yet get it looking like how it did in the salon.

I called the salon and told them I needed some tips for styling it myself since I couldn't get it working right. They told me "We're very busy blah blah" and said they'd have to charge me 17 pounds for a wash and style. I feel like it's their responsibility to take time out of their schedule to help me since I paid for the haircut. I'm not asking to go in there every day for them to style it, I just them to show me how to get it looking really nice myself.

Do you know if there's anything I can do about this? I called some other stylists and of course they are going to charge and also they aren't the ones who cut my hair so I don't know how helpful that would be. At this point I am thinking I might just pay the 17 pounds but I'm really angry about it....
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not too sure if my answer will be right, but I believe it may help in some way.

Whenever you get a haircut and style, isn't the stylist showing you then and there how to achieve the style on your own later? I would say that if you didn't like your cut, you could go back there and they should be happy to 'fix' it for you. But just showing how to style it, I'm not too sure about. My understanding is that you watch how they do it the first time and ask questions then and there, so I honestly do not think that they are obligated to show you how to style it again. However, if the stylist has any decency, you may be able to go there and say, "Hi _____. Remember me? You know, I honestly didn't understand how you created the style you did. I've been trying to recreate it but have had no luck. Can you please show me or give me a few pointers, as I'm not too sure how to achieve this look on my own." Maybe then, they may do it without charging you the 17 pounds. Just a thought though. I have never really come across anything like this, so it'd be nice to hear from someone who has.

Smile

5% products discount

Wed May 02, 2007 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks. I've been talking to some people to get perspective...

I guess I was thinking about it like this: they basically "sold" me the cut and the style, and while it was being styled I watched what she was doing but not TOO closely, as I thought that I could figure it out myself. She didn't teach me how to do it.

When I got home and washed it my flatmates all laughed at me. I was crying for a while and really upset, I kept washing it and washing it and I am still insecure about how it looks. I wouldn't have paid them if my hair looked like that when I walked out of the shop so I don't understand why I have to pay them to have them show me how to get it how it's supposed to look! At the very least I think they should offer a discount...

Maybe I will try calling them again or going there in person. It really shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes to wash and show me how to style it.
lorisu
5% products discount

Wed May 02, 2007 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Violetdream I totally understand where you're coming from! I'm sure many people walk out of the hair salon with perfectly styled manes and no hope of ever being able to recreate the same look at home Confused

IMO your stylist should not charge you for a quick follow up consult. I have been to salons previously where they have actually encouraged clients to come back and have a chat with the stylist if they are having any difficulties. That said there's probably not a lot you can do about it now - except to start looking for a new hairdresser for next time!
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe if you tell us what sort of style it is, your hair type, etc., we can give you some tips?

If you're not happy and want it re-cut, then go back-- they should fix it free of charge. Next time, though, ask a lot of questions when the stylist is doing your hair, so you're prepared to do it at home. That's what I do!
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
I've certainly been there! My hair never looks the same when I do it myself. Perhaps you could find out when the stylist is working, and when a slow time is...and then just happen to "stop by". You could rave about how much you LOVE your hair and what a great job she did...then say you've had a bit of trouble doing it yourself. If you can describe specifically what you've done to try to style it...she should be able to help you out quickly. Good luck! Very Happy
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
I ALWAYS ask my hair stylist to give me tips on blow drying, curling, straight iron whatever. They always are willing to help. Of course for me, my hair always looks BETTER after I get home and style it than they did...because I know my hair and I know my "bad" spots and can work around them. They just style it without any consideration for my problem areas (only because they don't know)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
I think it would be best to go back there in person like Girldelvov recommended. Be extra friendly when you said "hi, remember me?" Hopefully she'll say yes, but even if she said no, then just go on with how you just loved the style she created for you, but you have tried numerous times to recreate it but only got a mess out of it. At this point, you'd probably look like you're about to cry which is your real emotion. She'll probably take pity on you and help give you some tips. Hopefully she won't remember that you already called about it. For something like this, it seems calling won't work since they can't see you and it's much easier to blow someone off on the phone than when that person is standing right in front of you ready to cry at any given moment. If you make a really big deal, they'll do it for you just so it won't attract other customers' attention and make them look unfriendly to their former customer.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |