Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Any success with castor oil for longer lashes?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have laid my Revitalash aside for a while. Even though it gave me good results, the side effect, dry eyes Sad was not pleasant. I've decided to try castor oil which I've heard suggested on this forum. Has anyone really had success with this and also, what would you use to apply it?
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
MG, there have been a few threads in which people spoke of putting CO into a mascara tube to be applied with a mascara applicator. There was debate on whetehr resusing a cleaned out old tube was advisable, and sdiscussion of the availability of new, empty containers (not extensive discussion, but some). You can serach here -- I think the last thread did have the word castor in the title.

You may find that the CO irritates you. I am thinking that for the most part I am going to try to use an eyeliner brush to apply anything for lashes (including talika -- if I get the gel I will get the eyebrow one). Mavala does not really irritate me, but other things have left the inner rim of my eye too red for my liking. Just my own thoughts here.

But thank you for reminding me to give you this link:

http://drschlussel.com/products.asp

I meant to give it to you after the last time we spoke of dry eye( you may not remember my being there). I intend to get these products. I have seen this specific doctor but not used the two products here in this link. He is actually selling a different supplement in his office now, but I would like to try this one as well.

The eye pads may help you a bit in tolerating lash stuff -- may feel good in general.

Here is something interesting as well. katee recently mentioned tamarind seed as having impressive skin care properties, and I just bumped into this when googling for that doctor's page (I couldn't remember the exact spelling of his name).
carom

Wed May 02, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
My sister had hair falling out, leaving bald patches (I don't remember what condition it was) and her doctor recommended putting castor oil on them. Her hair all grew back as she was doing it.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Alibabka...thanks for the info and remembering my past post about dry eyes! I checked out the links...very interesting!
dips18
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mountaingirl
I have had great success with using emu oil or macadamia oil - both have worked will in growing my lashes. Did take a couple of months to see a difference. Was worth it! I still get comments made about them esp when I wear mascara. Dips
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
MG, I posted about Vaseline a while back. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=20876&highlight=vaseline

I tried castor oil, but it was too messy getting inside my eyes and causing blurriness. Very unpleasant. I haven't tried vaseline. RL dried my eyes severely, too. I got really worried.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |