Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
??s re TCA Latte, TCA Complex & APeel from Perf Complexi
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MichelleH
5% products discount

Wed May 02, 2007 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Last week I got my order of TCA Latte and of course I tried it right away that night. That was 5 days ago - no peeling as of yet. I have the skin of a rhino though so I'm wondering if I just need to be more aggressive. I just spot treated some indented scars I have as a start, but can I slather this on my whole face? I don't have many wrinkles to get rid of - I'm just looking to do some resurfacing and smoothing. Would the TCA Complex be better? Anyone use that?
I also got a sample of the APeel Light Night. The instructions are a little confusing so I'm interested in getting someone else's experience so I have some idea.

Thanks!
Michelle
persephone
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Michelle,

I've used both TCA Latte and TCA Complex. I have borderline sensitive skin (definitely not rhino-esque) and TCA Latte wasn't doing anything visible for me. I used it several consecutive days and even multiple times in one day with no flaking or peeling.

I moved to the TCA Complex and, once I learned how to do it right, I did flake heavily about 2-3 days later. I think TCA Latte is good to use to speed up the peeling process after TCA Complex. I've only done Complex once, I stopped because I knew I was going to be outside at my kids' baseball games for the next several weekends and am paranoid about burning, even with sunscreen and a hat!

If you have specific questions about how to use these, please ask. There are several of us here who have been frustrated by the lack of clarity in Julie's instructions and have figured some things out.

Good luck and please report on how you progress.
MichelleH
5% products discount

Wed May 02, 2007 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Poop. Well that would just figure. Rolling Eyes I have this whole bottle of Latte and no bottle of TCA Complex. I guess I will continue on and just get more aggressive with it. Then I will get the Complex and see how that goes. How's the APeel - more or less strong? I couldn't tell, but I guess everyone is different anyway!

Thanks so much!
Michelle
Genie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I've never had peeling with the Latte since it's a low percentage of TCA. It still makes my skin have a great glow though.

In one of Julie's e-mails she said that you can put on a heavier layer of the Latte if you can take it. Otherwise, you'll have to buy one of the stronger TCA products to really peel.
MichelleH
5% products discount

Wed May 02, 2007 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Genie! I think I'll just keep up with it and see what it does for me. It can't hurt! (hopefully! Wink )

Michelle
MichelleH
5% products discount

Thu May 03, 2007 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Ok. So I'm on day 6 on the Latte. I do have some very minor flaking in the scarred areas I've been working on. Since I have such tough skin, I've been probably a little more aggressive than suggested. I've been putting a a heavy layer on them. I rub some in pretty good, let it sink in and then go back later and add a heavier layer, enough that I can still see it on my skin. This gives me a little tingle. Not enough to be uncomfortable, and I leave it on all night. Last night I put a layer on my whole face, and then went over my problem areas with the heavier layer.
As of this morning, I could SWEAR I see some changes. I would not say they are dramatic changes, but very subtle. Like my skin tone seems to be a little more even. The pigmentation problems seem lighter. Could it be all in my head? Maybe, but I wasn't really looking for anything to happen in one night, but that is really the only change in my routine.
So anyway, that is my experience so far. I'll keep you posted as time goes on.

Michelle
persephone
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Michelle,

Sounds like your skin is definitely not sensitive, so you would probably have good success and faster results with the TCA Complex.

Julie is so generous with her samples, you might try ordering something less expensive from her (her Butter Cream Lip Balm is lovely) and ask her for a sample of the Complex. I asked for a sample of Latte when I ordered the Complex and she sent me a free 1-oz bottle!

Good luck!
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Now if only she was as free with instructions as she is with samples, wouldn't that be nice.
MichelleH
5% products discount

Thu May 03, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Well I did go back and order the TCA Complex. And I also asked for a sample of the Royal Jelly too. I feel guilty specifically asking for something since she's so generous to begin with, but I just can't keep getting stuff without knowing that it will even work for me. It's tough being a rhino! Very Happy

Michelle
MichelleH
5% products discount

Fri May 04, 2007 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Alright. Day 7. I have peeling. This morning I noticed like a dry sort of wrinkly film on the spots I was working harder on. But within the film, there were flakes. I applied my minerals as usual, starting with my Silken Pearl Paste, and then my powdered sunscreen. But by mid-afternoon I was looking rather "crusty". Good thing I'm a SAHM! Anyway, I washed my face in the shower and very lightly rubbed with a washcloth to get all the MU off. Now I still have flakes, but underneath it's a little pink.

At this point, can I moisturize? Can I exfoliate? Is it pink because it's new skin, or because the skin came off too soon?
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
Michelle, I agree you must need a stronger peel if you want more drama.

I used Latte as instructed, waited two days and definitely had a nice, even flaking. Not sheets - dandruff. What you describe.

Last night I gave myself another coat, let it dry a few minutes and put on a second coat. Then I put dots of it on the special problems. If all goes the same way, I should have more peeling on Sunday.

This amount of peeling is probably enough for me. (I never got a THING with the strongest lactic peel.) After this, I'll wait the 28 days and do it again until the bottle is gone.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Can't one use the latte everynite? Or am I very mistaken on that one, her instructions are lacking and I keep reading diff ways. What she thinks are simple diy instructions, are scary. So help, is this once a month thing, or every night? I find her business sense a bit lacking, and prob won't reorder, due to my confusion on use of her products, but since I do have this...
MichelleH
5% products discount

Sun May 06, 2007 10:22 am      Reply with quote
MM - I read it as once a night, add more when you are comfortable and if you don't have irritation. I've been doing it now twice a day and it seems to be doing fine.

Michelle
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
MichelleH wrote:
MM - I read it as once a night, add more when you are comfortable and if you don't have irritation. I've been doing it now twice a day and it seems to be doing fine.

Michelle

Thanks so much, thats what I thought too...!
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Twenty-eight days is what it takes for the skin cells to turn over - I thought I read that in the directions. LOL

Nothing has come off from my second application.
MichelleH
5% products discount

Fri May 11, 2007 6:00 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to ask earlier - what is the texture of your Latte? I thought it was to be very runny, but it's not. When I pump it out, it's thick. I can turn my finger upside down with no drips. When I spread it on my face though, it feels different. It just wasn't what I was expecting.

Michelle
persephone
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 7:47 am      Reply with quote
MichelleH wrote:
I forgot to ask earlier - what is the texture of your Latte? I thought it was to be very runny, but it's not. When I pump it out, it's thick. I can turn my finger upside down with no drips. When I spread it on my face though, it feels different. It just wasn't what I was expecting.

Michelle

That's exactly what my Latte is like, too. The texture is sort of unexpected, I agree. Almost a slight pastiness to it. Not unpleasant, though.
MichelleH
5% products discount

Fri May 11, 2007 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I definitely like the texture of it!

Michelle
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 6:47 am      Reply with quote
I received a generous sample of the latte, and mine is of a very thin consistency, nearly watery!

I think Julie is fabulous and so generous and enthusiastic, but I am totally in the dark about these products and feel like I am not using them to their best advantage...

Has anyone had success incorporating these products into their existing regimen? I just do not like the way my skin feels at all when I starve it of moisture, because it has a tendency to dry out on its own. In fact, it will flake if I do not use moisturizer, and it flaked when I used Julie's products, so I'm not sure if I really shed a micron of skin or not!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
the sample I got was alot thicker than what ur describing, I've not used it, due to reading only use her stuff, so havent been able to do that, I use about 4 diff lines on my face...now her tanning stuff rocks, her q10 stuff is great on my neck, doesnt do a thing on my face tho.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on my 2nd round of TCA Complex and I would def say it takes experience to get results! My key is compressing with warm pure filtered WATER frequently to get over the taut, leathery, dehydrated feeling, NOT moisturizing til the peel is completed, and using BABYQ to push copper in. Very nice products and Julie is super nice but it seems the products are made BY and FOR professionals, so sometimes a little hazy for *d'oh* me! Hang in there and remember you can always URGENT MESSAGE Julie (directions on her printout included with the product or on her website), or talk to one of us, or slather on the Neosporin and wait and start over. HTH fawnie

5% products discount

Tue May 22, 2007 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Just an update on my progress - first I have to say that I just saw my BFF for the first time in months and the first thing she asked me was what have I been doing to my skin? I hadn't even told her that I was doing anything! She immediately noticed it was that much smoother. YAY!!!! So anyway...

I've kind of been "winging it" but have had great results so far. In the am, I wash with my soap from J. Lynne, lightly rubbing dry with a nubby washcloth, then Vit C serum, then a skin lightening serum I made myself. Then I put on TCA Latte. Then to finish I put a layer of Mary's Pearl Paste. When all is said and done, I am able to put on my mmu without seeing flakes everywhere.

My pm routine is pretty much the same but instead of the lightening serum, I use a mask made from Markey's recipe for skin lightening. Every other night I use IFPs 5%BHA/10%AHA right after washing.

I did the TCA Complex last Tuesday evening and thought I was just about done peeling over the weekend, but this morning after I washed, I was pleasantly surprised to find that pretty much a whole layer came off! Not the flakey kind, but the post-sunburn type peeling. I'm feeling quite soft and smooth and am looking forward to washing again this evening to remove more. The scar I've been working on (from having a basal cell cut & stitched out of my forehead) is looking MUCH less prominent. Even my BFF said she could hardly see it anymore. When I did the Complex, I held it on my skin for a few minutes - until it started to get warm. For me, just swiping my face with it would do just about nothing. It did NOT frost. I thought I had read on another forum that they were getting frosting with it. I do not, and I believe that Julie says you should not either.

So, I would say that I will continue on with Julie's products. Her instructions may be clear as mud sometimes, but after you get the hang of it, it's just fabulous!!

Michelle
skinmelon
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi, persephone,
I am an avid fan of Perfect Complexion's products. I am just starting on TCA COMPLEX but has had a few rounds of the TCA LATTE already. The TCA LATTE has definitely helped on the improvement of my skin like tightening, lightening of scar and pore reduction. But, good is never enough, I want better or even the best!! Smile
o.K, my quest is can i do TCA COMPLEX and TCA LATTE in the same round, then if not much result after few days, can I go on to do A PeeL CORRECT???
I applied the TCA COMPLEX by (dripping 8 drops on small folded kitchen paper towel) and compressing it on all areas for about 30 seconds . Then I applied the Latte. There was no stinging, no frost, nothing at all. My face is just a bit warmer than usual after 2 days, no flaking but feel very smooth and soft to touch- (is this peeling already?)

So, by this stage, can I go on to more aggresive peel by using A Peel Correct or should I have to wait for ?? days? AND, what products do you use between peels? TIA!
persephone
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
skinmelon wrote:
Hi, persephone,
I am an avid fan of Perfect Complexion's products. I am just starting on TCA COMPLEX but has had a few rounds of the TCA LATTE already. The TCA LATTE has definitely helped on the improvement of my skin like tightening, lightening of scar and pore reduction. But, good is never enough, I want better or even the best!! Smile
o.K, my quest is can i do TCA COMPLEX and TCA LATTE in the same round, then if not much result after few days, can I go on to do A PeeL CORRECT???
I applied the TCA COMPLEX by (dripping 8 drops on small folded kitchen paper towel) and compressing it on all areas for about 30 seconds . Then I applied the Latte. There was no stinging, no frost, nothing at all. My face is just a bit warmer than usual after 2 days, no flaking but feel very smooth and soft to touch- (is this peeling already?)

So, by this stage, can I go on to more aggresive peel by using A Peel Correct or should I have to wait for ?? days? AND, what products do you use between peels? TIA!

Hi Skinmelon!

I think you did the same thing I first did with the TCA Complex, which is to use 4-8 drops. It's actually supposed to be 4-8 droppers-full. I did 4-8 drops my first try and it did literally nothing. Next time, I did about 6 droppers-full, and got a pretty good flake going. What is recommended is to use the TCA Complex, then use TCA Latte the next couple of nights to help advance the peeling.

Personally, I would wait at least a week after doing something that gives you no reaction before trying something else, because the reaction from the first product could just be delayed. I don't have any experience with the Apeel Correct, so I can't help you with that. But I know some other members here have, so maybe someone will pipe in.

As for other products, I try not to use much when I'm in the actual peeling phase. Usually just Super CP serum. In between peels, I use everything. Laughing Seriously, I'm also experimenting with salicylic and glycolic acids as daily treatments to see how that works for my overall texture, blackheads and scarring. I also use a Vitamic C serum. I'm all over the place right now, so I might be a dangerous person to ask!

Good luck. Please keep us posted on your progress.
skinmelon
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
persephone wrote:
skinmelon wrote:
Hi, persephone,

Hi Skinmelon!

I think you did the same thing I first did with the TCA Complex, which is to use 4-8 drops. It's actually supposed to be 4-8 droppers-full. I did 4-8 drops my first try and it did literally nothing. Next time, I did about 6 droppers-full, and got a pretty good flake going. What is recommended is to use the TCA Complex, then use TCA Latte the next couple of nights to help advance the peeling.

Personally, I would wait at least a week after doing something that gives you no reaction before trying something else, because the reaction from the first product could just be delayed. I don't have any experience with the Apeel Correct, so I can't help you with that. But I know some other members here have, so maybe someone will pipe in.

As for other products, I try not to use much when I'm in the actual peeling phase. Usually just Super CP serum. In between peels, I use everything. Laughing Seriously, I'm also experimenting with salicylic and glycolic acids as daily treatments to see how that works for my overall texture, blackheads and scarring. I also use a Vitamic C serum. I'm all over the place right now, so I might be a dangerous person to ask!

Good luck. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks, persephone. I am so grateful to find this forum as there are so many gals out there who's of the same mind as myself - skincare junkie with bottles, chemicals (as I like to call those bottles and jars of actives) all over the place and use one own face for experimenting - all for the goal of achieving perfect skin and eternal youth. Right? Smile
System
Automatic Message
Mon May 13, 2024 9:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |