Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Protect & Restore High Retinol and Oil of Lavender - Large (113.4 g / 4 oz) glominerals gloShimmer Brick - Luster (7.4 g / 0.26 oz) BDB The Jet Setter (3 items)
:: Review :: Jurlique Blemish Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 7:17 am      Reply with quote
What is is: Zit zapper

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water); Herbal Extract Mixture from: Calendula officinalis, Hamamelis virginiana (Witch Hazel), Prunella vulgaris (Self Heal); Glyceryl Stearate; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Cetearyl Alcohol; Titanium Dioxide; Kaolin; Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A); Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil; Daucus carota sativa (Carrot) Root Extract; Aloe barbadensis Leaf Extract; Usnea barbata (Lichen) Extract; Xanthan Gum; Iron Oxide; Hydroxymethylglycinate; Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C); Lactic Acid; Colloidal Sulfur; Citrus grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract; Tocopherol (Vitamin E).

How I use it:
On spots before applying foundation. It has pink tones so doesn’t look obvious at all.

The verdict:
On the whole a pretty good product. Seems to slow down the growth of spots and accelerate their demise. Doesn’t prevent them. No offensive smell, no stinging, doesn’t dry the skin like many products do. It’s not a HG but a very good thing to have around. I prefer it over Origins Spot Remover, Mario Badescus, BPOs, IFP Healing serum, plain E.Os of lavender and tea tree.
mk
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
with this product i find it will make a dramatic difference at first, and will speed up the healing process, but the spot will still need a few days. this applies for a biggie, which thankfully i don't get very often. for smaller spots can do a great job pretty quick.
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
love this product! not drying, but effective. i also like how it is tinted.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
What color tint is it - fair, medium, etc.? I have pretty fair skin but I wanted to give this a try, but obviously it's not going to work if it's very dark. I think I'd use this in the day for cover plus treatment and something else at night.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:01 am      Reply with quote
I tried it a few years ago but it didn't work for me. Rolling Eyes
Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I have tried this but since using Decleor ylang ylang - balm and oil - I much prefer Decleor.

Am tempted though to try Yonka too.

I also find that Jurlique products lost their effectiveness after a while.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:07 am      Reply with quote
My main problem with spot treating products is that they dry out the affected area and draw even more attention to it. I've almost given up on these products. Is this one really not drying?
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
SnowWhite wrote:
My main problem with spot treating products is that they dry out the affected area and draw even more attention to it. I've almost given up on these products. Is this one really not drying?

i know what u mean! cos yes sometimes blemish creams/gels do help with the healing process, it really does dry out the whole area that u apply it to, so even when u put concealer/foundation over it, it makes it look SO obvious!
and i find that all the spot treatment creams that i have used, all of them have dried out the whole area Sad .
hopefully, those who have used it can definately say that it isnt drying

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, I just wanted to bump this again to see if anyone can weigh in on what the tone is? I'd love to try this, but I don't want a whole tube if it's darker than my skin! Could anyone compare against another makeup shade?

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi ginnielizz,

It's hard to describe the tone - I'd say "flesh" with pink - sort of like "flesh-colored bras"... Rolling Eyes Perhaps MAC NW 25? I think that it suits most tones. I am darkish but have seen it work well on pale skin too.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much, Agent OO-Cat! That's exactly what I needed. Smile I think I'm going to ask for a sample, and if I don't get it I'll probably still just order a tube. It sounds pretty versatile. Yay for natural, non-drying blemish creams with COVERAGE!

Fairrene
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought this blemish cream and used it for 2 day. This cream is not drying at all and tint will blend into the skin after a few gentle touch. Note that it is not meant to cover the blemish but to soothe the problem area and reduces the appearance of blemish.(the reason why i bought it) Most importantly, it is natural ingredient.

On the effectiveness to treat the blemish, can't comment now. Razz
System
Automatic Message
Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Bioelements Calmitude Hydrating Solution (118 ml / 4 floz) Phyto-C Phyto Gel (15 ml / 0.5 floz) glominerals gloShimmer Brick - Luster (7.4 g / 0.26 oz)