Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Jurlique Intense Recovery Mask
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Review: Jurlique Intense Recovery Mask

What is is: A rejuvenating Mask

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water); Herbal Extract Mixture from: Rosa gallica (Rose), Chamomilla recutita (Matricaria), Calendula officinalis, Camellia sinensis (Green Tea), Vitis vinifera (Grape Seed), Curcuma longa (Turmeric); Kaolin (Green Clay); Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil; Sorbitan Stearate and Sucrose Cocoate; Glycerin; Persea gratissima (Avocado) Oil; Daucus carota sativa (Carrot) Root Extract; Hydrolysed Soy Protein; Rosa canina (Rose Hip) Fruit Oil; Oenothera biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil; Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender) Oil; Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil; Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C); Hydroxymethylglycinate; Lactic Acid; Xanthan Gum; Lecithin; Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A); Aloe barbadensis Leaf Extract; Tocopherol (Vitamin E); Citrus grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract.

How I use it:
Like a mask – applied on wet face and left on for about half an hour. Then rinse off and apply Dr. H moisturizing mask.

The verdict:
I love love this mask. It contains green clay which helps with spots and also turmeric which decreases inflammation and green tea and other anti-oxidants. It just feels good having it on. Since I usually follow it with a moisturizing mask, I’m not sure how my skin would feel on its own. I prefer it to Dr. H rejuvenating mask and also Dr. H clay mask. I feel I have the benefits of both in one here. I had a sample and loved it so much that I rush ordered a full size. I’m pretty sure I will be re-ordering this.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Very interesting, thanks for the review.
This mask sounds more like Dr. H's rejuvenating mask.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Would you say that this is comparable to Cellcosmet Stress mask?
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Skincare, I haven't tried the cellcosmet one. Wildcat, I have both masks and I think that the Jurlique one is better at cleaning up the skin. Dr. H rejuvenating feels more of a TLC thing for me.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Skincare, I haven't tried the cellcosmet one. Wildcat, I have both masks and I think that the Jurlique one is better at cleaning up the skin. Dr. H rejuvenating feels more of a TLC thing for me.

Okay, thank you. Maybe another member would know if they are similar?
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Here's the ingredient list for the rejuvenating mask:

Water (Aqua), Quince (Pyrus cydonia) Seed Extract, Alcohol, Glycerin, Wheat (Triticum vulgare) Germ Oil, Anthyllis vulneraria Extract, Borage (Borago officinalis) Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Apricot (Prunus armeniaca) Kernel Oil, Matricaria (Chamomilla recutita) Extract, Jojoba (Buxus chinensis) Oil, Peanut (Arachis hypogaea) Oil, Bentonite, Carrot (Daucus carota) Extract, Propolis Wax (Propolis cera), Fragrance (Parfum), Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Chlorophyllin-Copper-Complex (Cl 75810).

My feeling is that they aren't so similar since this one doesn't have the clay, green tea extract and turmeric. Looking at this list, I now feel that the rejuvenating mask looks a lot like the moisturizing one. hmm
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the list of ingredients.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:

what is TLC? Embarassed
i want to compare this one with sr.h rejuvenating mask?
why do you use a moisturing mask after using this products? do it not moisturer enough?
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
This one contains kaolin (green clay), which is an ingredient of deep cleansing masks. So it would be more of a deep cleansing mask rather than a hydrating one. Those with combination skin prefer to use a deep cleansing mask to draw out the impurities in the skin before applying a hydrating (moisture) mask to replenish the moisture. Also if you're living in cold climates it's a good idea to use moisture mask after deep cleansing one or your skin would be too dry.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi helenzwl,m1rox explained why I use it after. TLC is tender loving care! Laughing
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 2:16 am      Reply with quote
I did a review of this a while back, I was *really* keen to try it since it was marketed as a new product, but it is actually the same as the Tea Tree mask which had been out for ages - there was some confusion about this as either Aus or US sites list a different product name. Anyhow, I still prefer my Deep Penetrating Cream mask over this, I still have a huge 125ml tube of this that has been used about 3 times. This does not dry as firmly as DPC mask so it doesn't seem to soak up excess oil like the DPC mask. I also find the lemon smell in DPC mask more stimulating, this is very earthy.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 3:04 am      Reply with quote
This is also more expensive than the Deep Penetrating Mask.
mk
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
i was quite disappointed with this mask. i have had a lot of success with jurlique products generally, but not so with this.

i found that my skin felt soft after, but the effect seemed to wear off by the next day. i had no discernible, lasting benefits.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Hi helenzwl,m1rox explained why I use it after. TLC is tender loving care! Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing Embarassed
i have barked at the wrong tree!
mur
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for this review! The ingredients for this mask look really interesting - I'm definitely going to try a sample.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
what is the different between this and Dr.h rejuvenating mask? which one is better?
Kerryshka
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I need to try this one now!!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |