Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Who's going to win American Idol this year???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Ok, with Chris (good riddance!) and Phil voted off last night, we're down to the final four--- time for some predictions, ladies and gents! I think that Lakisha will go home next, and I think Blake will win. I like Jordin an awful lot, but I think Blake is creative enough and talented enough to bring home the gold! Thoughts?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 9:56 am      Reply with quote
i think american idol is ready for somebody different. Blake is different and has a totally different style than any previous winner.. Blake has a really hip, modern, cool style to him which may let him win. It's down to 3 girls and 1 guy this season.
persephone
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I agree, it should be Blake. Melinda is definitely the best singer, by far, but I don't know if she's necessarily the most likely to have a successful career as a pop star.

Blake is the most unique, which is cool.

I think Jordin will have a music career either way.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 10:06 am      Reply with quote
My son loves Blake. My friend thinks Melinda will win. I like some of Blake's performances, but not all. I like his hair dark way better than blonde. He did an awesome job this last Rock week. Everyone else was super boring. I can't believe he was part of the bottom two. I didn't like his country week though. But if I have to choose who will win, I'd like to see Blake win, too. Melinda just doesn't look great from the side. She needs to have a better posture.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 10:13 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
My son loves Blake. My friend thinks Melinda will win. I like some of Blake's performances, but not all. I like his hair dark way better than blonde. He did an awesome job this last Rock week. Everyone else was super boring. I can't believe he was part of the bottom two. I didn't like his country week though. But if I have to choose who will win, I'd like to see Blake win, too. Melinda just doesn't look great from the side. She needs to have a better posture.

I agree--- I totally wish Melinda had better posture, and I prefer Blake with dark hair.

Actually, I loved Blake's country performance--- that was when Blake really got my attention. I hate country music, but something about that performance really touched me, and it was then that I started thinking that he should be the next American Idol. I also really liked his rock performance.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Blake I hope he bring something different though not too sure about dark hair
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I like Jordan, she has the voice, the beauty and the personality.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
I Blake! I think he can make it...and hope he does!

2nd pick would be Jordin.

Melinda has a great voice, but I can't see her being very popular for some reason...

I hope Blake wins! He did an AWESOME job with Bon Jovi's song!
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Melinda all the way - I have a bet riding on her Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
I hope lakisha wins it. I'm not watching anymore if she gets voted off next week. That girl can belt.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
I was sure it would be Melinda and Blake runner up but after last week I think it might just be the other way around. Blake is courageous and has a certain sex appeal that will take him far. He is smart and really has potential to take off big time I think. I would like to see him have a chance. I think he will carve his own niche.

On the other hand I think Melinda is a great performer and obviously talented and a level above the rest. To me she is already turning out professional level work and she is different. Kind of has qualities of Tina Turner and Bette Midler to me but she could use some help from the dentist to look great on camera. I think if Jordin lost weight btw she would be awesome. She is already beautiful and love her mouth and she is tall too. Just don't think she is strong enought to win this. I think she will have a great career after this though and I predict she will be doing Broadway Musical Theater. She has huge heart and really taps into it with her singing. She is lovely.

But back to Melinda - she has different kind of flirty eyes and I like that. The first time I saw her I said the others should just give up! She may not have perfect posture but she has presence on stage for sure and she will be coached and can work on her camera image. She seems older to me than she is actually. I think both she and Blake will do well after this anyway. I think Blake is an interesting one. He is offbeat and I would really like to see what he does with it. I think he has strong creative individual juices flowing in there and not trying to be like anyone else. That is the sign of a true artist. Maybe he is a bit too offbeat for the public to see the long term potential? Not sure. Guess it depends on what he does in the next few weeks.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 9:09 am      Reply with quote
I like Lakisha. I think she has more personality than Melinda. But, I don't think she'll stay through till the end. I predict it going down to Blake and Jordin (because I like her more than Melinda).

Gosh, I'm so lame. Laughing
lonestar
5% products discount

Tue May 08, 2007 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
I think its gonna be between Blake and Jordan!! Its gonna be tough!
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
ok now think Blake it out. He is not varied enough. It will between Melinda and Jordin and I do love Jordin. She is so young and already amazing. I also think she is beautiful. She taps into the heart of a song in a very simple strong way. Melinda however is a pro. She is already there. Just not sure she has that idol quality. It really depends on their final performances but I believe it will be between those two women.
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
I like Jordan, she has the voice, the beauty and the personality.

I'd like to see her win, too Very Happy Such a beautiful voice!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
I think Jordan should have a good chance.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
I would like Jordin to win.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
It is a hard call as the last four are all very talented. I tend to think that Jordin and Blake will be the final two. However, I believe Melinda is the most talented. All four have quite a future waiting for them.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
It is a hard call as the last four are all very talented. I tend to think that Jordin and Blake will be the final two. However, I believe Melinda is the most talented. All four have quite a future waiting for them.

I agree, they are already winnners and guaranteed some success.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 6:38 am      Reply with quote
argh... I think the show is getting boring...
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 10:22 am      Reply with quote
wahh...I missed the whole show because my son didn't want to postpone our evening walk until 9. I just came back in time to see Jordin's last song, and her performance sucked!! Even Paula Abdul said no, and Paula is just the sweetest judge. What did Blake get? Did the judges like his performances? What about Lakesha and Melinda? Anyone can update me please?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I actually liked Jordin's last song, although her first one was definitely better. Last night was a tough night--- the judges said that Melinda's voice was good but that they wanted to hear more from her, and they had complaints for both Blake and Lakisha. I think it was a rough night for Blake but I want him to stick around because I love his voice! (Even DH likes his voice, and he hates American Idol!) So, I actually got my lazy behind in gear and picked up the phone and voted, LOL! No idea who is going home tonight, but I hope it's Lakisha....

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 10:29 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
I actually liked Jordin's last song, although her first one was definitely better. Last night was a tough night--- the judges said that Melinda's voice was good but that they wanted to hear more from her, and they had complaints for both Blake and Lakisha. I think it was a rough night for Blake but I want him to stick around because I love his voice! (Even DH likes his voice, and he hates American Idol!) So, I actually got my lazy behind in gear and picked up the phone and voted, LOL! No idea who is going home tonight, but I hope it's Lakisha....

Thanks, Liz!!! You should win American Idol. You are a doll. Very Happy

I have a really lame reason for Lakesha to go home tonight. I hate her finger nails.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
What a great big snore! Anyone familiar with the awesome original tracks knows just how mediocre last night's performances were. Blake should have taken on the BeeGees "Jive Talkin'" - I think he would have done a great job with that song(I did like his beat-box stuff, tho!). Jordan's "Streisand" performance was wince-worthy and, while I'm fully aware that it is not fashion show, I have to agree with Simon - what the heck was with that dress? Jordan: 1978 called - it wants its dress back!!

Edited to add: I do hope that Blake survives tonight
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Did Blake mess up so badly last night??? I only saw a short clip at the end.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |