Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Alima Colors
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 307
Fri May 04, 2007 10:22 am      Reply with quote
I wear Alima foundation W-6, which is not even on their site. I have deep/warm, with some yellow undertones. If anyone else is in this color family, what shimmer blushes and illuminating face colors do you use? I have the Sahara shimmery blush but it does not show up on me very well and the cafe illuminating face color. I am worried that because of my yellow skin tone, colors may not work too well on me. I really don't have a good eye for that sort of thing, so any help would be appreciated.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Dec 2005
Posts: 1065
Fri May 04, 2007 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using W5 which was just a tad too light. A couple of weeks ago, I asked the Alima MU artist for a darker recommendation and she tod me about the W6. I've been using it ever since. Its perfect for me. I add a little MAC Fairylite just because I like the shimmer.

For blush I use Guerlain Terracotta Blush & Sun in 02 Sunkissed. Its a sheer bronzing blush and I love it. I also use NARS Orgasm, but not as much now since I got the Guerlain.

For eyeshadow I usually use a MAC shadow..I love Mulch and Patina. I recently ordered a sample of Luminere and am in love with the shadow Cola (its similar to Mulch)

_________________
46 yrs old, I live at the beach and love being out in the sun.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Apr 2006
Posts: 2962
Fri May 04, 2007 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
divalovesmusic wrote:
I wear Alima foundation W-6, which is not even on their site. I have deep/warm, with some yellow undertones. If anyone else is in this color family, what shimmer blushes and illuminating face colors do you use? I have the Sahara shimmery blush but it does not show up on me very well and the cafe illuminating face color. I am worried that because of my yellow skin tone, colors may not work too well on me. I really don't have a good eye for that sort of thing, so any help would be appreciated.


Hi Diva! I'm on the lighter end of the Alima spectrum so the blushes I use will probably be a no-go for you, however, I believe that Nutmeg and Cerise are more pigmented and I think they would go well with your skintone. Also if you don't mind matte blushes I know that Alima's matte blushes are more pigmented than their shimmer blushes, so you might want to try melon, ginger, and geranium. HTH!

_________________
27, sensitive/reactive/acne prone skin, dark brown hair, blue eyes, possibly the palest woman alive...
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 307
Tue May 08, 2007 8:36 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
divalovesmusic wrote:
I wear Alima foundation W-6, which is not even on their site. I have deep/warm, with some yellow undertones. If anyone else is in this color family, what shimmer blushes and illuminating face colors do you use? I have the Sahara shimmery blush but it does not show up on me very well and the cafe illuminating face color. I am worried that because of my yellow skin tone, colors may not work too well on me. I really don't have a good eye for that sort of thing, so any help would be appreciated.


Hi Diva! I'm on the lighter end of the Alima spectrum so the blushes I use will probably be a no-go for you, however, I believe that Nutmeg and Cerise are more pigmented and I think they would go well with your skintone. Also if you don't mind matte blushes I know that Alima's matte blushes are more pigmented than their shimmer blushes, so you might want to try melon, ginger, and geranium. HTH!


Awesome. I am going to try your recommendations! THANKS!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Jul 2006
Posts: 1119
Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi divalovesmusic,

I too have similar coloration (sort of Alima W5) and have trouble finding non-clown colors. Alima Ginger blush is quite nice - a little goes a long way. I also have the Guerlian 02 which I love. Am looking for eye and lip recommendations and concealer for very dark circles (sort of MAC NW45), so if anyone has recommendations, please chime in.

Best,

Cat
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 307
Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
I can't seem to find a good concealer for my dark under eye circles. My coloration is I guess so weird Rolling Eyes
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 307
Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Hi divalovesmusic,

I too have similar coloration (sort of Alima W5) and have trouble finding non-clown colors. Alima Ginger blush is quite nice - a little goes a long way. I also have the Guerlian 02 which I love. Am looking for eye and lip recommendations and concealer for very dark circles (sort of MAC NW45), so if anyone has recommendations, please chime in.

Best,

Cat


For the lips I usually go nude with a clear gloss or I just bought Lancomes' COLOR FEVER SHINE in both Boiling Point and Bronze Heat. I tend to turn bronze/brown in summer and these just look great on me. When I put on color I look really strange. I am still looking for great eye colors.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Jul 2006
Posts: 1119
Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:21 am      Reply with quote
I like MAC strobe and BB Bone for everyday eye color. MAC Viva Glam VI is also a good lip color. I also do turn pretty brown in the summer and color looks odd...sigh!

With W5, I have the issue of my chin looking paler. I think I'm going to use W6 just on my chin and W5 on the rest of my face.

Will update if I find decent concealer.

I like the idea of this thread, divalovesmusic. Perhaps we should rename it: Colors for darkish skin.
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 307
Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
I like MAC strobe and BB Bone for everyday eye color. MAC Viva Glam VI is also a good lip color. I also do turn pretty brown in the summer and color looks odd...sigh!

With W5, I have the issue of my chin looking paler. I think I'm going to use W6 just on my chin and W5 on the rest of my face.

Will update if I find decent concealer.

I like the idea of this thread, divalovesmusic. Perhaps we should rename it: Colors for darkish skin.


That's weird...my chin is lighter. Oh, please deliver me a concealer that does not make my face chaulky! Yes--can we rename it?
ch3r
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 May 2007
Posts: 101
Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
I am a G4 and Sahara blends into my skintone too much. Nutmeg is much more pigmented. if you like the bronzey blush, u might want to try this one. I don't really have a problem getting the blushes to show, but I do agree that you might want to try the matte blushes which are more pigmented. If you like the shimmer, just add a highlighter over top. D'oro is a very nice shimmer powder that doesn't alter the color of the blushes.
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 307
Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
ch3r wrote:
I am a G4 and Sahara blends into my skintone too much. Nutmeg is much more pigmented. if you like the bronzey blush, u might want to try this one. I don't really have a problem getting the blushes to show, but I do agree that you might want to try the matte blushes which are more pigmented. If you like the shimmer, just add a highlighter over top. D'oro is a very nice shimmer powder that doesn't alter the color of the blushes.


I will have to try the D'oro. What do you use for eye shadow?
ch3r
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 May 2007
Posts: 101
Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
i have LOTS of alima eyeshadows. lol. two neutrals that i love are chai and taupe. i also love the browns --pyrite, palomino, sienna, sphinx, and tigereye. grace which is more on the purple-ish side is also nice. the greens don't show up that well or don't look so nice on my skin. btw, those are shimmer shadows. They are not overly shimmery so i think anyone can pull these off (that is, not reserved for younger ladies). Alima is coming out with new eye shadows and brushes soon, i heard from people who have had a sneak peek that they're great!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Jul 2006
Posts: 1119
Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:22 am      Reply with quote
D'oro is too shimerry for me and so is cafe. Excited to try the eyeshadows though.... Cool
ch3r
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 May 2007
Posts: 101
Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:50 am      Reply with quote
try toning it down with your foundation, if its too much.
ch3r
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 May 2007
Posts: 101
Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:16 am      Reply with quote
or, mix it with the blush first, in another container adding as much as you need then apply on the face. much easier to control
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 307
Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, yes. I just ordered samples of the eye shadows. Did you know Alima has a sale on eye shadows?????? Razz
ch3r
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 May 2007
Posts: 101
Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
haha yes. i'm waiting for their new brush line to come out first before I order anything though (hopefully soon)! They will also sometimes have a 15% off code off everything, i'm waiting for that since I'm ordering a lot of samples.
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 389
Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Have anyone used their golden colors for foundation?

I am asian and I usually get warm colors, but I noticed that with all brands I am having a hard time matching colors to my skintone. I get this ashy look even with warm tones. So I am wondering if getting golden shade with Alima would be better.

The colors look dark on their website. And I find the samples expensive with shipping.

Does anyone have G1, G2 or G3 that they want to swap or send samples?? I would pay for shipping.

_________________
28 / Asian / oily tzone + dehydrated / Acne under control, fading acne marks. Still have clogged pores.
ch3r
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 May 2007
Posts: 101
Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:59 am      Reply with quote
i wear G4. they are VERY yellow. best to use those colors alone if you have absolutely NO pinks or peaches or orange in your skin. I find it's a great match to me though. I've always had trouble finding foundation that would match my skin until I discovered Alima.

I don't have anything to swap with you but, I would go ahead and buy some samples. they are only 1.50ea. you might also want to try some Ws to mix with if you find they are too yellow. The Ws are also still very yellow-toned.

GL with it.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Jul 2006
Posts: 1119
Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I agree with what ch3r said, the Gs are VERY yellow. I would suggest contacting Alima and asking them for recommendations. Ususally they say that MAC NC40s are Gs but not for me. I'm still unhappy with my W5ish. But Alima has been wonderful at making suggestions and even sending samples. Either way, you'll have to test a bunch of samples (sadly), so best to bite the bullet and order a few for yourself. The W range is good and also perhaps the O range. Ie ven ordered in the N range to mix with the Gs... I'd happily have sent you my G samples but I'm still using them in my ongoing experimentations.

Does anybody know if there's an active code at the moment?
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Jul 2006
Posts: 1119
Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:52 am      Reply with quote
divalovesmusic wrote:
Oh, yes. I just ordered samples of the eye shadows. Did you know Alima has a sale on eye shadows?????? Razz


diva, which eyeshadows did you get?

I found a "not too bad" concealer for my dark circles - It's By Terry, against dark circles #4, Cinnamon. I have TERRIBLE dark circles, so they don't go away but the By Terry is a good compromise for me. I tried the By Terry Light Expert but it doesn't do much for my circles. The undereye concealer is lovely - very creamy and easy to apply.

I also tried the custom-made concealer by Prescriptives and HATED it. "Custom-made" my ***! The person who was mixing the colors had no clue and was kind of randomly chucking a dollop of this and that into the mix. I expected that any time she would throw in a dead rat too! Waste of time. I refused to buy it.
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 307
Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Alima Shadows: I got:

Pearluster Shadows: Atlantis and Mocha for some shimmer

Luminous Shimmer: Sienna and Soleil to highlight. Soleil was too light on my skin.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 2284
Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
"I expected that any time she would throw in a dead rat too! Waste of time. I refused to buy it."[/quote](spoke the Cat)
Heheh love your humor!
Where do you find By Terry concealer? Horrid circles here, too.

edit: OUCH! I Googled "By Terry"! $50.00!! from eLuxury! Is it any better than Cle de Poo?(for $65.00 - what's it made of???)
Altho I don't know what I'm whining about; I'd pay a ransom to hide them! Sad

_________________
✪ My go-to products: MyFawnie.BigCartel.com ✪
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 307
Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I think that I finally got my Alima colors down. I am using W-6 as the base and B-3 to add the bit of bronze, especially if I have been in the sun. I simply cannot use 1 color, it's just not that easy especially when your colors change throughout the season. I tried something since I have a bit of yellow in my skin too (argh!)--I tried G-6 to highlight and mixed a bit of water and applied as a concealer for dark circles under the eyes and teeny brownish acne scars--worked great instead of using the Alima concealers or the color balancing powders. The yellow in the G-6 really worked to balance my color. Then put W-6 and a bit of B-3 on top. So far, so good!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Jul 2006
Posts: 1119
Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi fawnie,

I think that the By Terry is pretty good. It's not perfect sadly but the dark pink/red in it helps a lot to conceal the dark circles. I never tried Cle de Peau as their colors aren't dark enough for me. I tell you, that Prescriptives experience was bbbaaadddd! In the meantime I also tried Lancome Effacernes and I love the staying power of that concealer but again the colors look odd on me. I've tried them at 2 different places and each place the SA had a "perfect" color for me. I'm sticking with the By Terry and patting MAC NC45 on top.

diva, I never considered the B range at Alima. I must try that. Alima sent me some new samples and I'm experimenting with them. I keep finding that I have to keep mixing though. I like your idea for a concealer. Maybe I'll try the G6 with some bronzing powder.

Take care,

Cat
System
Automatic Message
Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Payot Supreme Jeunesse Nuit (Night) (50 ml / 1.6 floz) Babor Skinovage PX Vita Balance Oxygen Energizing Cream (50 ml / 1.75 oz)