Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

eyelash growth serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
I am experimenting with some ingredients for eyelash growth. I would like to buy lush lash but it looks like it isn't coming soon.

I have on hand SKB, Rosemary extract, KGF(from skin actives), CPs (from skin bio), horsetail extract (from sis who frequents WHole foods),castor oil (Personal Formulator), and several emulsifiers. I believe most of these will not cause eye problems except for the CPs which will need to be very diluted.

I've also read studies of B vitamins promoting keratin growth and I have niacinamide from GOW and would like to find Inositol.

I am planning to make a serum and apply it with my eyeliner brush in the evening. Any comment on the ingredient safety or tips on what emulsifier to use. I see someone else using lecithin and that might also help hair growth. I can buy it locally at GNC.
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 4:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sharky!

I use a DIY eyelash growth serum every night with many similar ingredients. I used jojoba oil instead of castor oil (I keep remembering the Russian fellow who was poisoned with ricin) and silica drops instead of horsetail. I tried to avoid any powdery, grainy ingredients--nothing worse than grit in your eye if it didn't dissolve completely--and omitted the rosemary because the aroma was quite strong and made my eyes water.

BTW, rosemary in my nighttime hair growth serum led to insomnia! It stimulated too much mental activity Surprised I was up all night thinking!

To my eyelash serum, I also added a few squirts of Jason thin-to-thick revitalizing scalp elixir, with no ill effects.

Can't say my eyelashes are much longer, but they're slightly longer.

The skinactives and skinbiology sites have quite a few suggestions for hair growth ingredients. I'm not sure how many would be eyelash-appropriate.

Let me know how it turns out! Need to mix up a batch soon and will appreciate suggestions!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 11:50 am      Reply with quote
I have always had such sparce short lashes that any remedy would be awesome. But the ones I have seen that are supposed to actually work are so expensive. Shock
So if anyone gets a formula together and needs a tester/guinea pig, send some my way okay? Wink
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
sharky, I think one of the supposed key ingredients in Talika is lecithin. The B vitamins that are supposedly key to hair growth are biotin and B-5. You might check the composition of hair-related supplements for more ideas.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
I am experimenting with some ingredients for eyelash growth. I would like to buy lush lash but it looks like it isn't coming soon.

I have on hand SKB, Rosemary extract, KGF(from skin actives), CPs (from skin bio), horsetail extract (from sis who frequents WHole foods),castor oil (Personal Formulator), and several emulsifiers. I believe most of these will not cause eye problems except for the CPs which will need to be very diluted.

I've also read studies of B vitamins promoting keratin growth and I have niacinamide from GOW and would like to find Inositol.

I am planning to make a serum and apply it with my eyeliner brush in the evening. Any comment on the ingredient safety or tips on what emulsifier to use. I see someone else using lecithin and that might also help hair growth. I can buy it locally at GNC.

Sharky, I was wondering why not just get the SAS KGF for brows which they advertised as can be used on lashes, too. Have you tried it? It's only $10, and seems to have lots of goodies in it. Dr. Hannah swears it works.
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 12:01 am      Reply with quote
Where do you purchase the SAS for brows and what are the ingredients? Are you having success with it? Smile
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip about the brow formula from skinactives I'll look at the ingredients and try to modify it.

Thanks also Heather. I have the rosemary but I did not realize it could lead to insomnia!! I would use this at night and already have problems sleeping so I will not add it in.

I'm away on a business trip for 10 days soon so this will wait until I return. I'll look at the SAS brow formula. I did not think about it because I use Rogaine with KGF on my brows and it works I just did not want to get Rogaine near my eyes.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Pippi_Plum wrote:
Where do you purchase the SAS for brows and what are the ingredients? Are you having success with it? Smile

You can buy it either on Ebay or onwww.skinactives.com. It's a bit more tricky to order the brows formula on their site though. It's a glitch. You can't click the link or it would take you to the KGF for hair, so you just have to click add to cart when you first see it.

You can take a look at the ingredients posted on their site. The ingredients I remember are KGF (haha) and SKB because Dr. Hannah loves everything SKB.

I have used it before, and stopped because I was already on Revitalash, and I wasn't sure what was helping my lashes to grow really. I put it back in the fridge. I'll probably start using it again after I got a mini fridge for my bedroom which is connected to my bathroom. Very Happy
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered the SAS eyebrow serum (and a bunch of other stuff) when I get back from my trip I'll try out some concoctions and see if something works. Thanks for the tip.

I love SKB also.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
I ordered the SAS eyebrow serum (and a bunch of other stuff) when I get back from my trip I'll try out some concoctions and see if something works. Thanks for the tip.

I love SKB also.

You're welcome. Maybe you can just add stuff to the SAS KGF for brows. Just be careful applying not too much because if it gets in your eyes, it will sting. I think it's the KGF that stings.
cecelia
5% products discount

Sun May 27, 2007 11:00 am      Reply with quote
You might want to try adding borage oil to the mix. Theoretically, it should stimulate prostaglandin synthesis, which should cause eyelash growth.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
try adding biotin too, it is a hair growth stimulant -www.beyond-a-century.com sells bulk vitamins (like b-5 etc) for good prices.
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 8:54 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
I was wondering why not just get the SAS KGF for brows which they advertised as can be used on lashes, too. Have you tried it? It's only $10, and seems to have lots of goodies in it. Dr. Hannah swears it works.

This sounds good! Will it make my brows grow in more thickly or longer or darker??? I do get them waxed, and am wondering if this will make them need it more???? Will definitely try it on the lashes for sure though!!! So...if anyone has used this on their brows, please share your experience with me!!! Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Geminiwoman,

I used SAS's Hair Care Serum with KGF for several months after it first came out. I used in on my scalp, eyebrows & eyelash line with very, very nice results. The outside corners of my lower lashes, where I had had bald spots, filled in beautifully. My eyebrows thickened, especially in one spot where I had an old scar and no hair. I never noticed any extra stragglers around my brows, just the usual ones here and there.

I haven't used for about 6 months because I don't need it anymore and the hair hasn't thinned out again.

HTH

A

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
I am so thrilled with all of you for bringing this topic up- I was thinking today about my
eyebrows for the first time in a long while...
I was blessed with nice thick eyebrows, but the ends have thinned; not sure when it happened Confused but then I stumbled into this thread accidentally- and I feel hope that maybe I can solve my brow problem! So thanks to you all for revealing this info!! I hope to try this product and see my eyebrows come back! Oooo.!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
Geminiwoman,

I used SAS's Hair Care Serum with KGF for several months after it first came out. I used in on my scalp, eyebrows & eyelash line with very, very nice results. The outside corners of my lower lashes, where I had had bald spots, filled in beautifully. My eyebrows thickened, especially in one spot where I had an old scar and no hair. I never noticed any extra stragglers around my brows, just the usual ones here and there.

I haven't used for about 6 months because I don't need it anymore and the hair hasn't thinned out again.

HTH

A

Hi, Ari! where do you get this?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
melanie haber wrote:
sharky, I think one of the supposed key ingredients in Talika is lecithin. The B vitamins that are supposedly key to hair growth are biotin and B-5. You might check the composition of hair-related supplements for more ideas.

I use Talika and love it. I only use it in the day as I don't like anything on my lashes at night. I'm not a do-it-yourselfer as I'd start making eyelash serum and end up with cookies with lots of B5 in them Angel
Sakana
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! A lot of you recommended SAS products but I am VERY allergic to deep sea minerals. Whenever I use anything with it (eg. La Mer and SKB) I break out in hives. Is there any other lash/brow thickening product anyone can recommend?
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
nikkilici0us wrote:
Arielle wrote:
Geminiwoman,

HTH

A

Hi, Ari! where do you get this?

You can get at www.skinactives.com
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:50 am      Reply with quote
chocolat had posted this on the Skin Interactive board for the poster who wanted to try to mix something up for herself...

Ingredients:
• clean bottle or jar with lid in which to prepare and mix lash gloss ingredients;
• 1-1/2 Tbs distilled or purified water – you can usually find distilled water in the bottled water aisle at the supermarket for about 99˘ per gallon;
• 1/2 teaspoon Soy Lecithin powder – you can usually find this in the vitamin aisle at health food stores or online, be sure to check label to ensure it is 100% pure Lecithin powder without any added fillers;
• 1/4 teaspoon Germaben II preservative, optional – you can buy this fromwww.thepersonalformulator.com
• 5 drops castor oil (preferably cold-pressed);
• 3 drops jojoba oil;
• 2-3 drops Vitamin E oil; (or I squeezed a Vit-E capsule)
• 1 1/2 teaspoons dark molasses;
o 2 eyedroppers full of horsetail herb (Whole Foods, Vitamin Shoppe)
• tea strainer or small piece of cheesecloth

What you do:
--------------------------------
Pour the distilled water into the bottle and add Soy Lecithin powder, put lid on bottle and shake vigorously until powder has been completely dissolved. Next, take a small glass and stretch the tea strainer or cheesecloth across the mouth of glass and then pour soy Lecithin water through strainer into glass in order to remove the “scum” from Lecithin residue from the water. Rinse out your mixing bottle and then pour strained soy Lecithin water back in to mixing bottle.

Now, add the remaining ingredients to mixing bottle and shake vigorously until all oils have become emulsified with the soy Lecithin water and ingredients are completely blended. I then popped the whole thing into the microwave for about 20 seconds so that some of the alcohol from the horsetail herb would dissipate, since I'd be using it near my eyes.

I poured the mix into a 1-oz dropper-bottle that I'd cleaned out from a previous purchase.

How to use it:
----------------------------------
Shake bottle well. Apply along lash lines and eyelashes, and rub in gently, 2x a day.

I’ve been using this in the daytime for the last two weeks or so and yesterday I suddenly noticed how long my lahes were looking. It helps hold the curl from my traditional clamp-style lash curler (which I heat first using a hairdryer) although the trick is to curl your lashes AFTER you’ve applied the serum and allowed it to dry for a few minutes.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:02 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
chocolat had posted this on the Skin Interactive board for the poster who wanted to try to mix something up for herself...

Katee, thanks for posting the info.

I'm wondering what the consistency of this stuff would be like ... runny/watery/thin or does it have more "body" to it, meaning would it be less apt to run into one's eyes and cause irritation? Have you tried this stuff and would you know?
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
I honestly don't know... I just stick with the Ardell stuff and am happy enough with it. I had tried the Lucia serum that Carrie recommended way back when, but no matter how many times she explained how to apply it, I was just too much of a spazz Laughing . THAT is still on a shelf in my medicine cabinet. I'm still amazed at how effective the Ardell stuff is for the price!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:55 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
... I'm still amazed at how effective the Ardell stuff is for the price!

Ain't that the truth?! My formerly straight eyelashes are totally curled, even better than eyelash-curler curled, and I'm certain its from using Ardell. And they stay curled, even after washing the product off in the morning. I really don't even have to use an eyelash curler anymore.
mozaik
5% products discount

Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I am so new that i have no idea who Ardell is, and how i could buy this amazing serum! Seems really fantastic. TIA for any input. Smile
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:02 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the SAS brow serum with a bit of extra added KGF, rosemary and horsetail extract (pryed the rubber seal off and injected solution mixed with the sponge applicator. It's been 4 week on my brows and maybe 2-3 on my eyelashes. I am seeing good improvement. My brows are much fuller they seem darker.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |