Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

daniel kern's regime?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
acne.org

does this daniel kern's regime really work? whenu look at "real peoples" before an after photo's there seems to be such a huge improvement Shock

has anyone tried his products?

thanks!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Ingredients for the cleanser:
Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Laureth 13 Carboxylate, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Propylene Glycol, Sage Extract, Cucumber Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylgluceth-20, Polysorbate-20, Didazolidinyl Urea, Quaternium-15, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA.

Ingredients for the BP gel:
Water, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hy

Our wise chemistry-oriented/ingredient-familiar members will have to comment on the ingredients. I have no idea!
I used to use BP when I was going to a derm...it bleached my sheets, made me peel, and ruined my cloths when I'd sweat (just around the collars of my shirts) and I had to stop putting it on my back because I ruined the back of my shirts as well. I've found much better results on my acne with BHA, a more gentle cleanser, and a spot treatment made from essential oils.

That said...this routine isn't that expensive...so if it ends up not working, you aren't out a ton of money. Here are the MUA reviews...the gel gets good results it looks like! You should read through them as it seems some of them use the whole routine, but others just use the gel.

Gel:
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=77397/Dan_Kerns_Clear_Skin_Regimen_Gel/Unlisted_Brand/Treatments/

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
ah thanks paristroika.
was searching for reviews on mua...but didnt find any cos i typed daniel instead of dan Embarassed
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Unfortunately there's only reviews for one of his products...but for as many reviews as there is and to have that high of a "would buy again" rating...it seems pretty good!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 6:39 am      Reply with quote
yeah, his other 2 products dont seem to be really working that well i guess, cos reading those real life stories and looking at their pics, it seems that its BP gels are the only product ppl use. there was one girl who used it and the before and after pics are like WOW Shock
it is relatively cheap too compared with other acne products
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
although im on a different regime, im just wanting to know if anyone else has had any success with daniel kern's regime?

5% products discount

Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:29 am      Reply with quote
I have, although I used Neutrogena On The Spot (NOTS), since this was before he was able to develop his own products.

Now, some background: I suffered from hormone-related cystic acne that gradually worsened from about age 23 up to age 27, then I went on Accutane to get rid of it. The Accutane worked great, but after that I suffered a months-long, horrendous and continuous breakout of regular pimples. I attribute that to having used a ton of oily-skin and acne products prior to Accutane, then going back to the same regime after Accutane and it made my skin freak out.

So I started the regimen because I figured $15 was a small price to pay to stop being a pizza face. It stopped my acne in its tracks--I went from 20 zits and new ones arriving daily, to completely crystal clear, within about 4 days. The cleanser I use is Purpose Face Wash.

I use the Dan Kern BP gel and I like it, although I found that it irritated my skin more than NOTS in the beginning, and now I need more of it than I do NOTS for it to be effective. Obviously individual results vary, so for the price it's definitely worth trying. I will say that it's excellent for use on the body too, if you suffer from back or chest breakouts. Now that it's summer and I'm outside more (and thus sweating more), I find it's a good supplement to my routine.

Generally speaking, I use the DK gel for daily maintenance, and if I have a breakout (which honestly doesn't happen very often and is only a few pimples here and there), I use NOTS for fast healing. I also don't need to goop it on as generously as I did in the very beginning. You'll discover what works for your skin. But I've been using a variation of the DK regimen since 2001 and it has kept my skin clear ever since.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! Thats brilliant!

But I wonder whats so special about Dan Kern's BP gel? It seems to be just like any other BP gel.

I guess the price is very cheap compared to other acne products...I might order this...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thought I'll do a little update and let those interested in the gel to know what's it like.

I have only started using this a couple nights ago, after breaking out. It's very watery for a gel, but the consistency isnt like a serum. Something in between I guess.

It has no fragrance and is pretty strong as upon application, I felt an immediate tightening/drying sensation on the areas I used it on. It seems to absorb straight into my skin and feels like I havent got anything on. But I dont use much of this anyway. I've read on acne.org that people use a full finger of this gel, but I only use a pea sized amount on my problem areas.

Im hoping to continue to use this for a full month to see whether it can help with my hormonal acne, as after a month or so of JM, I still break out (but not as much) around that time of the month.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Yes! It definitely works for me. I got adult acne after going off hormonal birth control and my hormones got imbalanced. I noticed less new pimples after one day of using the "treatment". It's been about 2 weeks and my skin is almost clear now. I don't think the cleanser or moisturizer seem to be any better than the other ones I use, but the BP 2% treatment works and doesn't dry out my skin. Oh and I don't have to use nearly as much as he recommends, just a light layer. Totally recommend it!
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
Unfortunately there's only reviews for one of his products...but for as many reviews as there is and to have that high of a "would buy again" rating...it seems pretty good!

Here is the link for all the skin care products from acne.org.

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/searching.asp?CategoryID=7&brandname=Acne.org&Brand=1552&title=&submit=Find+Products

EDIT: in product name type in "acne org"
There is a few people on the skin care board on MUA that have used the product(s). If you do a search you can find some threads.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |