Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Just For Fun: Girlie Products From the 70's Thru Mid-80's.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Sat May 05, 2007 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing
There's a catch to this: the products can NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE!

Hair
"Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific!" shampoo & conditioner http://www.stuckinthe70s.com/images/teenbeat0978gee.jpg
- L'oreal's first mass-market hair mousse
- Gillette's Super-Max (square) hairdryer.
[url]http://www.stuckinthe70s.com/images/flip1173supermaxad.jpg[/url
- Body on Tap shampoo & conditioner (beer)
http://www.vaiden.net/body_on_tap.jpg
- Agree shampoo & conditioners ("beat the greasies!")
- Vidal Sassoon haircare (remember the brown & taupe bottles?)
- Revlon "Flex" haircare (it might still be available in the U.S.)
- home frosting caps; users merely had to push on the bleach-filled pockets, with the cap strapped to their heads.
- "Flirt" semi-permanent hair color. (I put "Kohl"/black into my blonde hair. It turned green. Bad scene.)
- hair mascara
- Johnson & Johnson's "No More Tangles" for kids.

Perfume
- "Babe" by Fabergé (Margaux Hemingway was in the ads)
- "Skin" Musk by Bonne Bell
- "Vervé" body sprays ("Play, play, play, Vervé!")
- "Impulse" body sprays ("If a man suddenly walks up to you, and gives you flowers, THAT's Impulse!")
- "Jean Naté" body splash (or may this IS still around?!)

Make-up
- Maybelline's "Dial a Lash" mascara
- Maybelline's "Kissing Potions"
- Revlon's "Custom Eyes" eyeshadows (picking your own shades to fill the container)
- Clarion Cosmetics. (remember the computer in the stores?)
- Cover Girl's tri-level blush (colour, contour & highlight shades)
- Maybelline's "Blooming Colors" mascara (I think I had purple)
- Bonne Bell's "Blushing Gel", "White White", and "Bronzing Gel".
- "Zinka" pastel-hued zinc sticks & creams for sun protection.
- "Aziza" brand cosmetics.
- "Maxi" color range from Max Factor.

Skincare
- Bonne Bell's Ten-O-Six Lotion.
- Revlon "Moon Drops" lotion
- Estée Lauder's "Swiss Performing Lotion" moisturizer.
- the Revlon eye gel that had luminescent swirls in it, to make it look hi-tech.
- Sea Breeze astringent.
- Tully antiperspirant (HUGE roll-on head)
- aerosol antiperspirants (I think had a baby powder can of Soft n' Dry)

Fem-Hy
- Rely super-absorbant tampons (caused tss)http://www.mum.org/relybox.jpg
- MaxiThins
- gymnast Cathy Rigby doing ads. for Stayfree
Check-out the commercial! LOL!
http://www.ifilm.com/video/2747205
They've omitted to add the huge, bulky pad under the leotard. Somehow, I keep imagining that pad flying outta there, during a flip!
- Kotex "panties". Nice. Glad I hit puberty towards the late 80's! Confused http://www.mum.org/kotpanti.htm
- pads with adhesive. OMG! LOOK at the size of these things!
http://www.mum.org/newfre71.htm
- Tampax ads. "Are You Sure I'll Still be a Virgin?"
http://www.mum.org/tamvirad.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
WHAT A BLAST!! Laughing Talk about a walk down memory lane!!! "Impulse" made me laugh out loud! I think that Bonne Bell sold Skin Musk (one of my all-time faves) to Prince Matchabelli..I think Carekate told me last year that she had seen it around. I had completely forgotten about that Revlon eye gel with the swirlies in it Laughing Laughing Anyways, I think you've pretty much wrapped it up, Casper's Mum!! Off-hand I can't think of much at all..It will be fun to see what else comes up!

Makeup
Blooming Colours 4 pan eyeshadow

skincare
Snap (facial scrub..is it still around? remember this stuff in the little margarine tub?!)
Max Factor's Blue Mask
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
LOL, definitely brings back my teen years! Hot pants and hip huggers! Shock

How about Herbal Essence shampoo and conditioner, they were green and the label had a very hippy drawing on it?

And do they still make Love's Baby Soft products? I used to love that fragrance!

I do believe that Gillette blow dryer was the first hair appliance I ever bought. Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Somewhere on here we had a thread that was similar! So fun to take a walk back in time.... Laughing

How about "Blue Jean" "Ciara", "Jovan Musk" perfumes? (are any of those still available?)

"Psssssst" hair stuff if your hair wasn't quite clean.

"Tickle" deodorant - all the purty colors!

Oh my Gosh - I used to love Aziza cosmetics! Clarion - too funny!

Good times.

Maria Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
OMG...you girls must be AWOL from the "55 and over" thread Cool

I laughed so hard reading this thread Laughing and had a ton of fun revisiting my youth in the product list...I can smell the ten-o-six lotion as I sit here!!!

I was completely devastated when Nina Ricci discontinued their "FLEUR DE FLEUR" perfume in the early 80's Sad ...it was my signature scent, and the trauma was such, that I have never been true to just one scent since then!!!!

For the record, SKINN MUSK is still available if you search really really hard on the Internet. As a matter of fact, I am siting here looking at a bottle of it right now! Every time I open it up and cop a whiff of this subtle scent, it's like time travelling back to the 70s...eat your heart out ladies!!!

I do remember the YARDLEY "Romeo & Julliette" line that came out when the movie starring Olivia Hussey hit the theatres...but oops,I think that was the 60s Rolling Eyes

I am off to a dinner party now, but I will definitely be back here once I can think up some other stuff that you all haven't come up with.

Thanks for coming up with this idea it is a fun change!!!
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hair color: Midnight Sun and New Dawn

Hair Conditioner: Toni - the best ever made for my hair.

I was going to mention my fav fragrance from back then, which I can't find anymore. But it looks like Tuvache still makes it; it's just hard to find--Oh! de London.

CaspersMum already mentioned Seabreeze and Kotex panties (boy, those things could bring water to your eyes if you got snagged in the metal loops).

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Omigod! This is hilarious!

Lemon Up shampoo with the lemon shaped bottle cap.

What was that mask that you painted on and peeled off?

Y'all mentioned the Kotex panties - what about those awful "belts" you had to use? They NEVER stayed put & talk about panty lines (& diapers)!

What was that round razor?

Breck shampoo & conditioner (remember that pearlized pink conditioner?).

A young man named Aramis came in the other day & all I could think of is WHY would a mother name their son after a cologne?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
I remember "Sun IN" for hair, which promptly turned your hair yellow or orange. Love's Lemon cologne, Jungle Gardenia, Shag haircuts, Shoes that are in style now.
This website features perfumes that are hard to come by. FrangranceNet.com
In Canada it's Perfume Paradise. You can still get the Love products. IT's just not the same.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Ooh, you've reminded me of all of those old commercials that I haven't thought of for so many years--for Sun-in: "You can say the sun did it!" Yeah, right...

I loved Charles of the Ritz lip gloss (Right On Russet) and L'Air de Temps. And I still do miss that original Herbal Essense shampoo--what a great smell that stuff had!
jadewoman

Sat May 05, 2007 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
I still wear Skin Musk - although it is not quite as good as the original Bonne Belle version... It's sold in drugstores like Riteaid. And the round razor was Flicker, I think. And for those of us who came of age in the 60s, you can get a bunch of this stuff (the razor, some of the shampoos, Evening in Paris, the Yardley & Straw Hat perfume, lots of yummy soaps and candies) at Vermont Country Store, and you can buy a sample of "Oh! de London" from Irma Shorell Perfumes. That one took me right back... and if you even find a vintage bottle on eBay it goes for hundreds of dollars! Remember those Yardley Slicker glosses and lipsticks in the metal tubes? I had the white one. And does anyone remember paper dresses? And Coty Sweet Earth solid perfumes?
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I laughed so hard reading this thread and had a ton of fun revisiting my youth in the product list...I can smell the ten-o-six lotion as I sit here!!!

Too funny - Flashback to my first hangover ever!! I remember a friend had a rum and coke party before a high school dance...this was the late 70s...and I guess I must have had a few too many because I remember not being able to stomach the smell of ten-o-six for years after that... Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Oh my gosh, the Flicker razor. I haven't thought of that in years. How about Charlie perfume? Haven't seen it for a long time (not that I have been looking), but it was my "signature" back in the day.
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 7:02 am      Reply with quote
And Love's Lemon Mist?
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Ahh, Charlie fragrance. It has the distinction of being the very first fragrance to bring on a sick headache everytime I smelled it. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 7:10 am      Reply with quote
In England we can still get Johnson & Johnson no more tears, in every supermarket.

Also impulse body sprays.

It's a good list though. Another thing to remind me of how old I am.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 7:36 am      Reply with quote
doohicus - Thank you for reminding me of Jungle Gardenia Laughing While I didn't wear it, I had a friend who did and would always asked her to spray it in the car to mask the odor of a smoky, illegal substance Wink

Herbal Essence shampoo was REQUISITE for any self-respecting hippie (along with elephant bells).

Is CornSilk powder still around???
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 7:56 am      Reply with quote
What a walk down memory lane!

I miss the Bonne Bell 2000 shower stuff. I LOVED that smell. (BTW, I could still buy 10-0-6 at the drugstore if I wanted to Laughing )

I had totally forgotten about BB "White White!" I used that stuff religiously! Ditto w/ the bronzer!

Thanks for the memories ..

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Elephant bells--a fad I had forgotten (with good cause) until now. Although I didn't need it then, I could now use the extra fabric at my ankles to balance out the extra baggage on my hips. LOL
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for this great post - it's definitely made me smile!

I remember successfully begging my mom for Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific shampoo and Loves Baby Soft cologne.

God only knows what I really smelled like, but I felt very glamorous. I probably added a spritz of my mom's Charlie cologne on top of all of that too Embarassed ...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
Ahh, Charlie fragrance. It has the distinction of being the very first fragrance to bring on a sick headache everytime I smelled it. Laughing

I hated Charlie too!

And then there was that other one that drove me nuts, 4711. I think it's still on the market, ugh!
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Cuddles wrote:
Elephant bells--a fad I had forgotten (with good cause) until now. Although I didn't need it then, I could now use the extra fabric at my ankles to balance out the extra baggage on my hips. LOL

LOL! Looking back at the old pics, they made my hips look so skinny in proportion! Oh, wait a minute, I was skinny back then. Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
doohicus - Thank you for reminding me of Jungle Gardenia Laughing While I didn't wear it, I had a friend who did and would always asked her to spray it in the car to mask the odor of a smoky, illegal substance Wink

Shock Wink
ROFL!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
luvyourskin wrote:
OMG For the record, SKINN MUSK is still available if you search really really hard on the Internet. As a matter of fact, I am siting here looking at a bottle of it right now! Every time I open it up and cop a whiff of this subtle scent, it's like time travelling back to the 70s...eat your heart out ladies!!!

I'm not sure where you are located, but if you are in the US, CVS drugstores still carry this. They also have the body lotion!
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot "Cornsilk Powder" one of my first makeup products! Ahh, Charlie, I thought it was the epitome of sophistication. I had a girlfriend who doused herself in White Shoulders until the sweet smell killed us. Remember drinking Lemon Gin? I think that is why I wear glasses today! Laughing Laughing It was assumed you didn't need mix. Or worse yet "Boone's Farm Wine?" I would gag today if I had to smell it. For my older sisters,CIRCLE PINS, TIGRESS, BEATLE Bubblegum cards,FROSTY WHITE LIPSTICK AND MOHAIR SWEATERS. God forgive the boy who wore white socks. OK, I'm carried away down memory lane.
Caspers Mum

Mon May 07, 2007 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
doohicus wrote:
I forgot "Cornsilk Powder" one of my first makeup products! Ahh, Charlie, I thought it was the epitome of sophistication. I had a girlfriend who doused herself in White Shoulders until the sweet smell killed us. Remember drinking Lemon Gin? I think that is why I wear glasses today! Laughing Laughing It was assumed you didn't need mix. Or worse yet "Boone's Farm Wine?" I would gag today if I had to smell it. For my older sisters,CIRCLE PINS, TIGRESS, BEATLE Bubblegum cards,FROSTY WHITE LIPSTICK AND MOHAIR SWEATERS. God forgive the boy who wore white socks. OK, I'm carried away down memory lane.

I think that several of these are from the 60's, if not late 50's. Correct?

White Shoulders is still around. Fersure.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |