Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I need some help with a problem I have..
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
PickadillyDo
5% products discount

Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hello.. I am new here and I just have a question.. I noticed last June that I was starting to get some fine lines around my eyes but the part about it that bothers me the most is around my right eye.. When I smile I have deep grooves that seem to pull my skin down where the fine lines are.. not away from the eye itself but enough to make me look tired and older than I am...It's more or less like my skin has lost some of its elasticity, atleast that's what I'm thinking.. The grooves aren't from the center of my eye up, they are from the center of my eye downwards going into my cheek.. I am really down about the whole thing and have spent and wasted so much money on creams and serums and nothing seems to be helping me.. do you guys have any suggestions as to what I should do? I went for a consult at a laser center a few months back and she suggested botox and then 6 laser treatments to get rid of the fine lines..That would be over $2000.. I don't have the money for all that.. I just need something to firm my skin up around that area and get rid of the fine lines.. What about Retin-A? Please Help as I am so desperate.. I don't even like going out of my house!!!
Thanks for your time..
Jamie

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Jamie, Just a thought..do you sleep on your side? Those downward lines sound like they may be caused by compression during sleep.
If you think this might be the culprit, you can train yourself to sleep on your back or buy a special pillow that allows you to sleep on your side without smooshing your face.
The fact that these are fine lines means that you can probably find something to help. The problem might be finding what works for you. Most topicals are going to take some time to see results. Retin A takes most 6 months to see results. I use copper peptides and am very happy with them but they too take time. But I'm sure they are many good products out there since we have this emphasis now in skincare of the "cosmeceuticals." I'm hoping others will give you their suggestions too. Smile
btw love your screen name
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
I was thinking the same thing. It really sounds like it is from the way that you sleep. If it concerns you a great deal, you can teach yourself to sleep on your back. I wouldn't invest in any topical treatments or laser treatments until you do that.

Liz
PickadillyDo
5% products discount

Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah I kinda thought that sleeping on that side had alot to do with it.. I am also a passenger in the car all the time and that is the side that is most vulnerable to the suns rays.. I never used to wear sunscreen or sunglasses until I saw the lines thinking that that is part of the problem.. I am always waking up worried that I am sleeping on that side of my face.. I usually sleep on my back, that is most comfortable for me but sometimes wake up with the right side of my face smooshed in the pillow.. I bought the copper peptide stuff from skinbio.com and have been using it since June 5th and see no results as of yet.. I have CP night eyes, CP serum, Exfol Serum and Emu oil..I haven't noticed any difference at all.. I hate being so impatient.. Have any of you used Roc Products before.. I have read rave reviews on it and was thinking about using it..
Tia,
Jamie Very Happy
BTW: They are fine lines when I'm not smiling or talking.. it's when I do those things that they are SOO pronounced.. It looks so TERRIBLE!!

Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:10 am      Reply with quote
Jamie,

Are the lines always there?

It's never too late to start using sunblock, at least it will prevent further damage. Also, a vitamin C serums might help as well. I don't know that the effect will be what you are looking for but it should improve things at least.

Also, make sure that you are drinking plenty of water. This plumps up your skin and also helps fade sleep lines faster (so I read).

Mabsy
PickadillyDo
5% products discount

Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:12 am      Reply with quote
I do use sunscreen now.. I have been ever since I saw the lines which was a yr and a half ago and I do use vitamin c serum.. it doesnt do anything for the lines or sagging but it sure does make my skin glow.. One thing I don't do is drink lots of water so from today on I am going to make myself drink atleast 10 glasses per day.. I probably drink about 1 to 2 glasses per day and that is it!!.. I know that is really bad..
Jamie

5% products discount

Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:41 am      Reply with quote
oops.. I forgot to answer one of your questions.. YES!! The lines are ALWAYS there! Double UGH! lol
Jamie Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Jamie,

I'm fifty and had a lot of fine lines around my eyes. What helped me a lot was using Dr. Hauscka's skin care products especially Rose Day Cream (yes, here I go again with the Rose Day Cream) and pure organic Rosehip Oil. I have very sensitive skin so I can't use a lot of exfoliators or Vitamin C serums.

You may need a lot of hydration around your eyes to get rid of the lines. Well, that's what helped me. The Rosehip Oil was really nice. When I say pure organic I mean this oil was orange in color. You hardly ever get this pure organic oil in the stores, even the health food stores because no one wants to put anything orangey on their face. But, I discovered that when I used the oil (which I bought on-line) it didn't give me an orangey look, but instead gave me a tanned color which I really liked. I even started to wear it under my make-up because I noticed it was fading the lines.

I also found that Dr. Hauschka's Rose Day Cream is great around the eyes giving it super hydration.

Hope this helps you. I understand that skin sensitivity and dehydration may not be your problem but this is just my little story and what helped my fine lines.
PickadillyDo
5% products discount

Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for your help.. I think it might be dehydration, atleast I'm hoping so lol.. I have been forcing myself to drink water all day long and I'm on cup 5 now,I know that's not a whole lot but I'm almost on my way to 6 lol.. that's 5 more than I usually drink.. I am never thirsty so some days I go the whole day without drinking anything except for the milk that was in my breakfast cereal.. My skin is very sensative also.. I used some retinol cream from avon for 3 days, morning and night with vitamin c serum and by the third day my lines were so puffy they looked 10 times worse than what they normally do and I didn't use it yesterday or today and they are still very pronounced.. I am only 30 yrs old and my eyes "were" my best feature and now they most certainly are not lol.. I will look into what you said.. I guess anything is worth a try.. I'm desperate lol..
Thanks again for your help..
Jamie Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Hello Jamie,

I'm here again for some support. I sooooo understand your desperation, because I was in the same situation last year.

What no one tells you (and what I found out the hard way) is that if you have sensitive skin than a lot of these so called anti-aging skin care products turn out to be just too harsh. That, in turn, dries out sensitive skin causing dehydration which definitely causes lines and wrinkles to form. Lines and wrinkles do not come only from aging or the sun, but can also come just from using the wrong skin care products.

When you start using the right products for your skin type and stop using harsh products you will start to see a difference. But the results appear slowly. In your desperation you want overnight success (I was the same way) but your step towards beautiful eyes will be a step by step process. But, you can rejuvenate your skin. Do not despair!!

Good luck and let us know about your progress.
tf278

Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
PickadillyDo
5% products discount

Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
For the past 3 nights I have been using Avon anew ultimate eye cream before I go to bed and it has hydrated my eyes so much so that I can barely see the lines anymore.. that stuff is excellent!!.. Also I have used collagen 5 deep wrinkle eye patches and they work wonders as well!!! My eyes have improved 70%!! Very Happy

Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |