Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anybody tried "Body Mint"?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Thu May 10, 2007 9:12 am      Reply with quote
I saw this on the drugstore.com site the other day and was rather intrigued. It's meant to be a full body deodorant, in pill form. You take one tablet in the morning and one at night and it magically makes you smell all fresh. Well, that's what the write-up would have you believe.

Has anybody tried this? I'm tempted to buy it for the sake of experimentation though I doubt it would make me give up deodorant...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote
It would scare me as to what it was doing inside my body! But I can think of a few men maybe we could slip it into their morning coffee Laughing and do a test run on!
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy, Laughing

I had to laugh at this one ... particularly where you say it probably wouldn't get you to give up your deodorant! Laughing

I'm with you! Laughing I don't think I've got nearly the self-confidence it would require to "give up" deodorant ... Laughing

On the other hand, with summer coming [actually we've already got summer temperatures at the moment!] ... it would be nice to be able to take a pill that would keep me "fresh".

I wonder ... does it make you feel fresh ... or just smell fresh to others?

I really must go and check this out! Laughing

Mary

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
Body mint was first developed by a Hawaii company. It is mostly chlorophyllin.

I use it before and after I know I'm going to eat meals with a lot of garlic. My husband doesn't like the smell of garlic and I love it. I find that it quickly gets rid of the garlic smell that usually comes through your skin. I keep forgetting to take it on a regular basis though so no daily testimonies from me.

One of my friends tells me that she it works well to eliminate her morning breath and any foot odor she may have.
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 1:48 am      Reply with quote
Genie wrote:
Body mint was first developed by a Hawaii company. It is mostly chlorophyllin.

I use it before and after I know I'm going to eat meals with a lot of garlic. My husband doesn't like the smell of garlic and I love it. I find that it quickly gets rid of the garlic smell that usually comes through your skin. I keep forgetting to take it on a regular basis though so no daily testimonies from me.

One of my friends tells me that she it works well to eliminate her morning breath and any foot odor she may have.

I take chlorophyll pills--can't recall the brand--and they do seem to help!

Ex-DH once took a purple Sharpie and wrote "tink" on each of my sneakers Embarassed before I discovered these pills.

Fri May 11, 2007 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Ok, well, as a "research" project I just started taking these... Let's see what happens....

Looking at the bottle it is just chlorophyllin, so there may be cheaper alternatives out there.

heathercolorado - if you recall the brand could you please post? TIA Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
I've not heard of this before, but it really has kind of awakened my interest... Do keep us posted on your results Mabsy!
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
I recall that years ago they sold chlorophyl tablets to battle bad breath. [Indeed they probably still do. Laughing ]

And ... there are lots of chlorophyl products on the market for adding to dogs' water dishes to try to cure "doggie breath".

So certainly the idea isn't new ... but how clever to call it a Laughing "body mint".

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Oh man, if it deals with doggie breath I want some! They love riding in the backseat of the Jeep resting their heads on my shoulder. They invariably pant when they're happy and excited (which they always are during car rides). I love em, but take about stinky!!! PEEE YEWWWW Image
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 5:35 am      Reply with quote
this stuff is actually great and *does* work, but is too expensive to use on a regular basis. i typically save it for trade shows and the like. it has saved many nice blouses and suits from having to be dry-cleaned after one wearing, and i feel a lot more confident when i have to be up close to talk to people so you can hear over the noise (there are only so many mints you can pop).

the only down side to these (other than the expense) is that it makes your merde green. looks kind of like alfalfa or wet hay. if you're not drinking enough water or are somewhat dehydrated, it can also make that delicate area burn -- so be forewarned.

otherwise, it's brilliant! one of those few products that actually does what it says.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |