Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

10% HYALURONIC ACID + BETA GLUCAN + PYCNOGENOL SERUM
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 2:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I just wondered if anyone could tell me if they may think this product good or bad, Im looking at buying some more HA and just wondered if this is one is any good. Ive actually seen this on ebay

this is a little bit about it

CONCENTRATED 10% HYALURONIC ACID

# What is Hyaluronic acid?
Over a year ago, Ishtar Skinlights was proud to be the first Ebay UK trader selling Hyaluronic Acid products. We buy directly from manufacturers in China meaning we can keep the price down - we knew how much hyaluronic costs and watched in bemusement as other traders sold the same product, frequently in lower concentrations, at vastly inflated prices.
Hyaluronic acid is found naturally in the body - mainly in the skin - but levels deplete with age. It makes an excellent oil free moisturising agent. It imparts a superb porcelain smoothness and is a truly wonderful make up base. Hyaluronic Acid works by encouraging an invisible moisture film on the skin. To achieve more significant dermal effects it is important to add other actives that significantly penetrate the dermis. PLease note that Ishtar uses HA sourced from non-animal sources.

# D Beta 1-3 Glucan
Beta Glucan is the buzz word for next year's cosmetics, with exciting research emerging about Beta Glucan's ability to dramatically boost the skin at a cellular level. Beta Glucan has long been known as a powerful food supplement for immune system. Sadly, many potent nutritional actives cannot penetrate the skin barrier (GABA being a good example). For the first time it has been proven that Beta Glucan molecules penetrate the skin barrier and have exciting capability to improve actual cellular function. Ishtar uses a concentrated source of Beta Glucan, processed to preserve its active quality.

# Pyncogenol Pine Bark Proanthicyanidins
The Pine Bark extract we use is 95% Proanthocyanidins . Proanthocyanidins are powerful anti-oxidants set to take over from green tea as a topical rejuvenator. Proanthocyanidins may help to even out skin tone that has been darkened by various pigmentation disorders such as melasma. In China, a prescription product containing pine bark extract has been approved for treating skin pigmentation conditions. In the United States, pine bark extract is included in a number of face creams that claim to fight aging or restore wrinkled skin. Pine bark extract is also being investigated to determine if it can help prevent sunburn and skin damage from sun exposure.

many thanks

sally

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sally,

I haven't heard of or used the product ... I'm perplexed by the concentration of hyaluronic acid.

It was my understanding that in concentrations over 1%, hyaluronic acid became a very dense gel ... and at that point, becomes difficult to work with.

Now ... that was from research I'd done a year or so ago, and I don't recall where I gleaned that little nugget ... but I further came to understand that if a product had "10%" listed, it was really "10% of a 1% solution".

For the rest ... it's pretty typical "hype" ... which is always difficult to ascertain what's true and what is wishful thinking ... Laughing

Quote:
Proanthocyanidins are powerful anti-oxidants set to take over from green tea as a topical rejuvenator

The above may well be true ... but if true, I'd like to know what anti-oxidant is poised to take over from it a year or so down the road. I mean, really, they keep "discovering" the next, better anti-oxidant ... so ... if Proanthocyanidins is to be next ... what's going to shove Proanthocyanidins out of the way in a year or so? Very Happy

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Sounds like one to pass on

As you can gather Mary im not to bright on skincare

Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |