Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I need help again please
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 3:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone

Here we go again Laughing

I shall soon be finishing my JB day and night cream with DMAE but dont want to use anything with DMAE now as ive been a little put off from some of the things i have read on the threads.

I am also needing to really look into my skin care again.

At the moment i am also using Vit C (PSF), HA Serum (Skinceuticals). I am also using the BQuaser too (though im not having much success with this at the moment); relaxaline

I am really looking at skincare products that can help with the following:-

Crows feet / Crepiness underneath the eye area
Something to help firm the eyelid area

Frown lines - these are quite noticeable to me

Skin - desperately need something that will help firm and improve the elasticity of my skin

large pores - it looks like my skin is covered in tiny pin pricks.

I also would like advice on foundations - which one to use as i dont want to make my wrinkles look worse

How would i describe my skin - well i do get flakey patches but by lunch time my face usually looks shiny. do i have combination skin?? My skin to me in general looks like it lacks tone and lustre and looks like it needs somthing to tighten and brighten it. It seems to appear very dull. The large pores make my skin look grubby looking sometimes.

Please could someone suggest a new skincare routine for me. I am actually going on holiday the first 2 weeks in june to Cyprus so would also like to know the most important but bear essentials to take with me. I was wondering if when i come back of my holidays i should try copper peptides or something

I really would appreaciate everyones help

love to you all

Sally

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Anyone Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Sally

I wish I could give you advice but I have different skin to you. Plus at the moment I hate the way my skin looks but I am doing lots of peels using Apeel & boosting with the latte I am using cp's followed by lips2kiss lE in the wrinkles & folds and then zapping them with the BQ. I also have alot of broken caps on my cheeks & I am using something to hopefully make them disappear. I cover the whole lot up with JI MMU but am going to try the lM MMU next.

Sorry I hope someone chimes in soon.
Have a great holiday.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Ah thanks Loopylori for replying. Ive just not been on EDS for quite a while and have lost track with my skincare. Im really needing desperate help. I feel i look so much older and my skin and the way i look is really getting me down. I dont even want to leave the house somedays because i dont want people seeing me. Its not really very good is it to be like that and then i think of other people in the world who are really suffering and I end up feeling more awful

Fingers crossed someone will be able to advise me. Thanks once again and you too have a good holiday
x

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi salster68,

Don't minimize how you're feeling about your skin and how you perceive yourself looking. It's a fact that our self-esteem is intricately tied in with how we think we look. Smile

It almost sounds to me like your skin in oily ... but dehydrated.

There are so many skin care lines out there ... all of 'em promising to "turn back the clock" or "reduce the signs of aging" ... or whatever the "flavour of the month" happens to be. You have to decide what things in your skin care routine are important to you.

Now, for me, I find that I generally get to feeling the way you're feeling if I haven't had time to myself. If I'm stressed ... under pressure ... or just plain too busy to pause and catch my breath, I find that I start getting down on the way I look etc.

My first suggestion would be ... can you afford to go to a truly fine salon or spa and have a facial? If so ... I'd definitely suggest it ... not necessarily because of the products they will use on you ... or suggest you purchase ... but because for the amount of time it takes to have a really nice facial, YOU are the sole centre of attention. It's pampering ... it's relaxing ... and it's probably something you need at the moment.

If you don't want to go for a facial ... a great massage works well too. Laughing

Try to ensure that for, say 15 minutes a night ... you can go into the bathroom, lock the door ... and have time to concentrate on cleansing your skin ... putting on whatever serums, creams etc you need to.

I know there isn't always time for that ... but if you make time at least 4 or 5 nights a week ... you'll find that both your skin and your perceptions will improve. Very Happy

The other thing to consider is that the skin, being the largest organ in the body, it reacts to everything that we experience. If we are sick, there's bound to be a response on the skin. The same holds true for our emotions ... stress, upset, depression, joy, love, sadness ... all show up on our skins somehow.

As for specific products ... I'd suggest BHA for your pores ... I'd also highly recommend OCM to you [I've found it fabulous] ... but first and foremost, I'd suggest you look after YOU.

Hopefully others who have your skin type and concerns will step up with brand names for you to try. Very Happy There's a lot of great information on these forums.

Be good to yourself! Smile Crows feet? Nope ... those are the result of laughter ... and while we don't want too many ... we also like to know that we've had joys in our life ... right? Laughing

Mary

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
The Vitamin C is good. DMAE helps many. HA can help with moisture issues. Here are some other things:

1. I would recommend a retinoid. Can you see a derm? You could get samples of different ones, depending on what they recommend, like Retin A Micro, Differin, or Tazorac. Or you could buy a retinaldihyde product online, like Retrinal, Ystheal gel (harder to find) or Diacneal. Of these, Diacneal might be best for you considering your oil and large pores, because it has AHA in it. Then you could start using your retinoid by using 2-3 times a week and slowly working up.

2. Are you using a good sunscreen? This is most important. Go here to learn about what a good sunscreen really is: http://makeupalley.com/user/notepad/sunscreenFAQ and go here to find names of many good sunscreens: http://makeupalley.com/user/notepad/sunscreens

3. These other things you could add one at a time beyond the first two, if you would like to try them:
copper peptides--may help with firming skin (use no less than 12 hours apart from your Vitamin C serum)
salicylic acid--helps clean out pores (you can even do a mask made with aspirin for this)
matrixyl--encourages collagen

Make sure you are using a good cleanser and maybe washing your face twice to make sure you get all the makeup/dirt off.

For me personally, no topical will help with my frown lines or crow's feet. I have to use Botox. Botox is a miracle if you can afford it.

If you can't afford Botox, you can try using Frownies for your frown lines. They are patches that you wear overnight that hold your frown area still. They help a lot. Try to train yourself not to squint or scowl. Wear UV sunglasses whenever you are outdoors.

That's a start ... foundations--go to a department store and get samples from every counter (tell them what you are looking for). Take the samples home and use them each a day or two before making a decision.
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mary

Thank you so much. I do realise what you are saying about we see ourselves differently etc. I am my own worst enemy and I am the first to hold up my hands to having a bad body image problems.

However i do need to get some sort of skincare going as its a bit non existant at the moment. Ive had a quite a few turbulant months since the end of last year and now its time to get back on track.

If my skin is hydrated I guess i should keep using the HA serum or should i have cream with ha in it or both???? im really not too up on skincare hence all my questions all the time to the ladies on here. I know im a nusiance with the same old question over and over again but i just trust people here at eds more than anywhere and everyone seems to know so very much

I have actually started going to the gym a few nights a week and also yoga once a week and ive stopped smoking (well its only been about 12 weeks but ive still not had a single cigeretter Very Happy)

oooh just one thing my crows feet i think are crows feet and not so much laugh lines but its the crepiness underneath my eye area too

Maybe my skin is really dehydrated and oily like you say. Looking at it i can see that it could well be
x

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Sally
you could never be a nuisance and things change so fast on here you have to keep asking. I read this forum nearly everyday at the moment because apart from work I am finding it requires huge effort to leave the house. Anyway I cannot keep up with all the reviews and recs and I know when I had a few months not visiting EDS things had moved on a ridiculous amount.

Well done on the smoking, I am pleased for you that you are still not smoking. Too my shame I haven't packed it in yet. Embarassed

lori xx

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I too am still waiting for the miracle product, in the meantime, there really is only so much we can do or use. Vit C, a good matrixyl or martrix 3000, dmae (which I understand u don't want, which is fine), and exfoliate...I too use the BQ and have started using to it with serums and do find its helping. The biggest thing we can really do is exfoliate and moisture....I personally am not crazy about HA's not sure why just don't really like them...ok sry I didn't help, but not sure there is huge helps yet..but fingers crossed it is on the horizon
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi salster - FYI, any product with a high HA content (especially a gel or serum) makes my skin look dryer, so I avoid them any more. My feeling is why bother with something that's touted for being a good mositurizer and plumper when it has the opposite effect? Maybe when it's warm and humid, I'll give it one more chance, but...

I agree about Botox -- no potion is going to work nearly as well as it does, so you may want to consider it for your crowsfeet (I get it between my brows).

I use a teensy drop of macadamia oil (don't like emu oil) around my eyes at bedtime, which helps with dryness.

I've read that scary abstract about DMAE, but I'm not convinced it portrays a realistic and accurate perspective of DMAE formulation and use. Just my opinion.

I really think some kind of treatment like a retinoid, etc., may be needed in your regimen. I've used Avene Retrinal (retinaldehyde in a very emollient base -- I can't tolerate stronger retinoids -- too drying) with some success for fine lines and firming, but lately I've been trying a newer product, NIA24 Skin Strengthening Complex. I like it so far and find that I don't need C or retinaldehyde as much these days. Anyway, there aren't that many active ingredients that have been proven to build collagen and/or repair skin, so that narrows the choices quite a bit.

I hope you're using a good sunscreen -- with your fair complexion, you really need it! I use Avene Emulsion SPF50+. Some people don't like oilier SS, but if you're a bit on the dry side, you'd be killing the proverbial two birds if you used something like it!

Anyway, good luck, and have a wonderful time in Cyprus!!!
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to chime in on the HA serum. A few people said it made their sking drier - for me I just discovered it and is has made my skin less flaky and more supple. Just for another view before you ditch it. I guess everyone is different - you can experiment for a few days without and see if there's a difference, but personally I'm excited HA serum.
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
For a foundation that will not settle into pores and creases I would def suggest that you give SK-II Airtouch a go. I think you'll be quite pleased with it!

Also since you said you get a bit shiny during the day I would suggest that you dust a bit of Jurlique Silk Dust over the SK-II.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

I have been really happy with Ice Elements products and feel that if you are looking to try something new (available on http://iceelements.com http://hsn.com and right here on EDS) that you would do well with speaking with Shelly (the president) or Brenda (esthetician) on the Ice Elements message board, that either could steer you to the items that would help most for your skin type and the issues that you wish to address.

I do agree with the others that state that a good sunscreen is a must! Also a nice non-drying cleanser and hydrating moisturizer. When the skin is dehydrated it looks deflated and is more easily able to create lines and wrinkles. Even oily skin can be dehydrated....

I also suggest taking internal supplements to help from the inside out. Vitamin C, Vitamin B complex and COQ10 are just a few that have positive results on the skin. I suggest http://wholehealthmd.com for a great supplement resource. Look under skin health for information on which supplements have the most benefits for the skin.

Good luck.
Bosoxy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Wow thank you all for your advice. Alot to read and understand for me.

I thought the HA Serum would be good to draw in the moisture etc and keep it there but maybe if my skin is combination and dehydrated I shouldnt be using this. I dont know what to make of the DMAE since reading the other threads that it might not be so good. Oh dear this skin business is quiet hard work.

Lori ive actually been going to Resolution to stop smoking and have been using the patches. I cant say the first few weeks were easy but most days i dont even think about it now which i dont think is too bad only after about 12 weeks. I have had to give up smoking for health reasons and have been told if i carry on, two to three years down the line will not be such a happy story for me. Maybe you could try a group that helps youto stop smoking - i certainly found it a great help
x

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 6:33 am      Reply with quote
As im also going on holiday to Cyprus in June I really want some skin care items to take with me that will cover most of my skin issues for the two weeks as I dont want to take large pots or bottles of a lot of different creams etc. Can anyone advise what would be best to take. I def need a face and eye cream. Ive got my suncream and aftersun already.

I am also needing to purchase some more vit c serum as my psf is almost coming to an end. Would the skinceuticals one be ok??

Many thanks

Sally

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Maybe you want to try having your skin analyzed by one of those machines. I had mine done at a medical spa...and it was amazing. Of course, they'll only recommend the products that they sell...but you don't necessarily have to buy them. You could find out what's really going on w/your skin...then take members suggestions to find the optimum routine!
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 4:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi

Im going on holiday to Cyprus the first two weeks of June and Im looking at skincare products to take with me (i am actually looking at a whole new skincare regime too) but would like to know what i could take for my holidays that would cover my skin care issues as i dont want to be taking lots and lots of differnet products. I would appreciate anybodys help with this and also with regards to a proper skin care routine for when i get back

I am really looking at skincare products that can help with the following:-

Crows feet / Crepiness underneath the eye area
Something to help firm the eyelid area

Frown lines - these are quite noticeable to me

Skin - desperately need something that will help firm and improve the elasticity of my skin

large pores - it looks like my skin is covered in tiny pin pricks.

I also would like advice on foundations - which one to use as i dont want to make my wrinkles look worse

How would i describe my skin - well i do get flakey patches but by lunch time my face usually looks shiny. do i have combination skin?? My skin to me in general looks like it lacks tone and lustre and looks like it needs somthing to tighten and brighten it. It seems to appear very dull. The large pores make my skin look grubby looking sometimes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Salster68, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with your skin and everything else. I'm 53 and having pretty good success with-DMAE spray from IFeelPrettyProducts, VitaminC from Candessence, 2% AHA for pores from IFP. For eyes I'm using some products from GOW-eye serum for dark circles and her new Eye Majick cream for wrinkles. For face cream I'm still searching for a good one-I'm using some GOW essential oils and hydrosols, with SKB and oat beta glucan mixed in. I know this isn't a small list for your trip to Cypress, but you might be able to incorporate some items. Good luck and really enjoy your trip and take plenty of SS.
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi GeminiWoman

I guess thats the most sensible thing to do but it just so happens that im one of the least sensible people around Laughing

I just find that alot of ladies on here have alot of knowledge about what works and what doesnt etc and they are always so helpful. plus it always seems to come down to money and the cost of things in the end. I have to watch my pennies (or lack of pennies as the case maybe)

I need to purchase a new vit c serum. I was using PSF but am wondering if i should try skinceuticals or something else via suggestions??

I then need to find a day moisturise - one that can help firm my face and iprove my skin tone - something for hydration whether this be in the cream or a separate serum. An eyecream to help withthe crepiness and lines, tone and firmness and then something for night use. I was using a DMAE serum but not so sure about this after reading something on here about DMAE not being so good now

I just feel in a mess with my whole skincare routine again and Im seem to be feeling quite depressed by how i look and how my skin is now

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Sally, have you tried Obagi?
I knew that some people (including me) are crazy for it, some are not.
Honestly, skin care is really personal. It works for someone but might not work for you.

We could only keep trying until we found the best one!
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 1:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi Chorally

Ive been thinking about Obagi or the copper peptides from skin biology ust a bit scared something will go wrong. I think i really need to do something when i get back from my holidays. Do these two treat sun damage too. I think I probably have this too along with my other issues because when i was young i really sunbathed so much. Im so careful now in the sun. Ive still stopped smoking but havent seen improvement in my skin as yet. Im just feeling so low about how i look and my skin. I dont have any confidence but looking old like i do is dragging me down even worse. I just need to get some skincare sorted for my holidays and then when i get back I need to get a proper routine going and Really consider the Obagi or Copper peptides

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 10:47 am      Reply with quote
salster68 wrote:
Hi Chorally

Ive been thinking about Obagi or the copper peptides from skin biology ust a bit scared something will go wrong. I think i really need to do something when i get back from my holidays. Do these two treat sun damage too. I think I probably have this too along with my other issues because when i was young i really sunbathed so much. Im so careful now in the sun. Ive still stopped smoking but havent seen improvement in my skin as yet. Im just feeling so low about how i look and my skin. I dont have any confidence but looking old like i do is dragging me down even worse. I just need to get some skincare sorted for my holidays and then when i get back I need to get a proper routine going and Really consider the Obagi or Copper peptides

I think it will take a long time to recover the damage done to your skin since how your skin looks now didn't happen overnight. So be patient. Use known products that work. I think you should try the Copper Peptides.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |