Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Best product to get rid of blackheads on nose?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sweetkissez

Wed May 09, 2007 6:52 am      Reply with quote
I want a totally clear t-zone area. No matter what I try, I just can't get my t-zone, especially my nose, to rid of black heads! I feel like almost every pore on my nose is a blackhead Sad What to do?
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Try Dr.H cleansing cream, it will do exfoliating on your nose area.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I would use a BHA...that was the only thing that got rid of my blackheads and I tried everything. Mario Badescu silver powder did work, but I had to use it a lot to keep results. I use BHA everyday, but it's much easier than the silver powder AND the BHA keeps blemishes at bay as well!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I'm with ParisTroika,

BHA is the best for keeping your pores clean. I found that OCM got the majority of my blackhead plugs out ... but without BHA to keep my pores clean, they would have returned.

There are lots of products with salicylic acid in them [BHA] ... it's just finding the one that works for you.

I make my own because commercial gels and emulsifiers in lotions aren't nice to my skin. I just asked at my local pharmacy ... and they sold me some. SA dissolves in either alcohol or oil ... and if you want the proportions to make a 2% or 5% strength, PM me.

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 11:42 am      Reply with quote
I like Juice Green Apple Peel for my tzone or you can use Dermalogica's medicated clearing gel...that helped too.

I get microderms so it clears up my tzone
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely BHA.

Just remember that it needs to have a pH of 3.4 or lower in order to effectively exfoliate. And for optimum exfoliation, it should be applied to freshly cleansed skin (if the pH of the cleanser is 5.5 or lower), and left undisturbed for 30 minutes. Then you can apply your other products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
For me (I have really easily-congested skin and had tough blackheads on my nose for a long time) the Clarisonic brush used daily + consistent use of a good BHA has done wonders. I think with my skin, I needed the combination of physical and chemical exfoliation in order to really get rid of my blackheads. I don't have any on my nose now, whereas before I started my regime, I had visible ones (if I stood close to the mirror).

HTH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Sometimes, even with BHA, blackheads will still need to be expressed manually every so often. It's best done after showering (when the steam has softened them) - and then just press gently with a soft cloth to express. Then apply BHA.

5% products discount

Wed May 09, 2007 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
I use Avene Cleanance K on my nose and chin
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
kim@ifeelpretty wrote:
Sometimes, even with BHA, blackheads will still need to be expressed manually every so often. It's best done after showering (when the steam has softened them) - and then just press gently with a soft cloth to express. Then apply BHA.

that's the most dignified description of it I've ever heard. I will feel much less gross next time I do it if I'm just 'expressing myself!' Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using Kate in a Jar for only one week and I can tell that my clogged up pores around my nose is starting to purge. Finally! This is the most troubled area on my face and I think it is getting better.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
sweetkissez
i have the same question with you!
i am still finding the effective product!
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
wow, thanks ladies for all the information thus far! But i'm still confused about where i'd find the BHA... like, what specific products could i use?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
I use I Feel Pretty BHA fromwww.ifeelprettyproducts.com

There is a plain BHA or a BHA/AHA combo.

If you've never used BHA I'd start with the smallest % (I believe it's 2%). Smile It's great stuff!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika, do u notice that using the BHA diminished the bumps on the face? Also a stupid question, so BHA is salicyclic acid? Then a 2% salicyclic acid is equivalent to 2% BHA right? Confused
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
BHA is salicylic acid.

You might find that BHA helps a little with bumps, but it's usually AHA that does the most for that type of problem. That's what did it for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have a huge problem with blackheads on my nose area and thought that I would never really get rid of them... I had tried everything...

What I learned is that blackheads are generally formed because of a lack of hydration. Sometimes it is because of skin type, other times it is because of the overuse of drying type products or a combination of the two.

Once I switched to a gentler, milder cleanser, and added a good hydrating serum and moisturizer they just went away...

After switching to Ice Elements, specifically the creme cleanser, anti-aging serum, normal to dry moisturizer and 2 minute miracle exfoliation gel, my blackheads just kind of vanished without much effort on my part at all.

While I do love Ice Elements (and it is now sold right here on EDS! Woo hoo!) I am not saying that you need to purchase it to get rid of your blackheads... If you are happy with what you are using, perhaps take a look at your products and see if you would do well to add more moisture or use other products less (in skin care it is too easy to overdo on great products... but more of some things is not better and can strip the skin).

Adding in a jar of the 2 minute miracle wouldn't hurt either... I cannot help but suggest my favorite product. lol!

Good luck!
Bosoxy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
I use I Feel Pretty BHA fromwww.ifeelprettyproducts.com

There is a plain BHA or a BHA/AHA combo.

If you've never used BHA I'd start with the smallest % (I believe it's 2%). Smile It's great stuff!

I second that! Every since using IFP's BHA--I;ve been pimple and blackhead free!
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
ok I know it is asking for trouble to look in your super mag mirror to inspect the nose but are we talking about keeping pores clean of just the ones that look black or also the ones that are lighter oil color that you can see? I could have every pore "expressed" by an aesthetician on my nose and in 2 days they will be filled up again. Not with black but lighter sebum colored. Is it actually possible to keep these holes empty? Maybe they are just too large now. They are not so large you can see them across a table but I see them in those mirrors and I so wish I could keep them empty. Is this being too compulsive?
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried OCM method?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
I actually have started incorporating it but not every day. Do I have to massage for over 5 minutes to see results? I do love the way my skin looks after it but was not sure it wasn't due to the long massaging.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
kim@ifeelpretty wrote:
BHA is salicylic acid.

You might find that BHA helps a little with bumps, but it's usually AHA that does the most for that type of problem. That's what did it for me.

So Kim, what exactly is AHA then? What's in it? And if I used a combo of both BHA/AHA, it's gonna help with both blackheads and bumps, right? Thanks! Smile
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
There are a lot of different types of AHA - glycolic, lactic, & mandelic are the more commonly known ones.

BHA is lipophilic - it penetrates the pores & helps clear them from the inside out.

AHAs work more on the surface of the skin - refining it's texture & helping to smooth fine lines.

Most people find that a combination of the two gives the best results - whether they are applied as a combo product or as separate products.

One of the most important things to remember is the pH of the BHA/AHA product(s) and the pH of the cleanser you use. If you use a cleanser with a high pH, you need to wait 20-30 minutes before applying the BHA/AHA - if your cleanser has a pH of 5.5 or less, you can apply the BHA/AHA right away. If your BHA/AHA products have about the same pH, then they can be applied in a bi-phasic manner - meaning that you don't need a waiting period. But once they are applied, you need to wait 30 minutes to allow them to work undisturbed. Then you can apply other products.

There shouldn't be any harm to your skin if you don't do the wait - but you also won't get nearly the effectiveness or maybe none at all. Essentially, it's like wasting the product.

Also, AHA or BHA in cleansers don't really do anything for the skin. The pH of the cleanser is most likely too high to allow the BHA/AHA to be effective - and you have to rinse the product off before it can work.

Also - there are a lot of products out there that claim to be 'refining' because they contain BHA. That's not necessarily true. If the pH isn't 3.4 or less and if the product is not applied properly - then the BHA isn't going to work.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
Kim do oil cleansers have a PH level? I dont know much about PH levels etc but Im sure I got told once oil cleansers dont have a PH level because there needs to be water in a formulation to have a PH level. Did that make sense Confused

I use Dermalogica Precleanse. Except for when Im applying retin a, Im just applying BHA or Vit C products straight after washing. I usually only wait 10 min after C to apply sunscreen though as time's short in the morning.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 12:22 am      Reply with quote
How do you incorporate Vit. C with BHA together? Which should be applied first and what should the interval be washing face and the various applications? I reckon some of you out there should be able to help with this query. Thanks!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |