Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Horrendous Crusty Heels of Feet
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
My fault...summer to me, means YIPPEEE..no more shoes...

I put lotion and sox on at bedtime...

My heels still look like sandpaper.
Anyone have good treatments...
Please dont tell me to put shoes on...I really dont want to Rolling Eyes
carmenlu
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried Gehwol foot balm? you will see the result immediately.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
I find doesn't really matter what you use, most body creams are of similar key ingredients anyways, the key is to treat them EVERY night. The persistency will be paid off.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I use a foot file to remove the dead skin around the heel and then slap on a rich foot cream.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
After a bath or a foot soak, I exfoliate and/or use pumice stone, then dry my feet. Then I slather on Candessence Therapy for the Sole, and cotton socks for the night.

Baby's rear in the morning.

By the way, your subject line made me laugh!
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
I use a foot file to remove the dead skin around the heel and then slap on a rich foot cream.

Ditto! I use this Tweezerman Professional Foot Rasp ... love it! Then I slather on some foot cream ... usually peppermint scented (I have different brands). Doing this once a day really makes a difference and in no time your feet should be summer ready. Smile
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi SandraG!

I will chime in and agree with Cedar that the Candessence "Therapy For The Sole" is wonderful! Given that I live in Arizona and much of the year we do without shoes (or just wear sandals), Candy's treatment is truly a must have for me!

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
try grating your feet with the microplane kitchen grater *shudder*
there was a thread started on it this week and apparently it beats all foot files ever made, and does not actually grate your feet, I just say that to be dramatic.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
All are excellent suggestions. In the meantime, if you need a fast fix, pour 1 cup of white vinegar in a footbath or a plastic tub just big enough for both feet and about 6 inches deep. Fill it the rest of the way with very warm water and soak your feet for about 30 minutes. Use a foot rasp on the stubborn areas every few minutes and return the foot to the bath. When finished, dry with an old towel (you'll see major exfoliation and softening of the skin on your whole foot so be prepared) and use a lotion or cream for moisture.

Just a suggestion.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
All are excellent suggestions. In the meantime, if you need a fast fix, pour 1 cup of white vinegar in a footbath or a plastic tub just big enough for both feet and about 6 inches deep. Fill it the rest of the way with very warm water and soak your feet for about 30 minutes. Use a foot rasp on the stubborn areas every few minutes and return the foot to the bath. When finished, dry with an old towel (you'll see major exfoliation and softening of the skin on your whole foot so be prepared) and use a lotion or cream for moisture.

Just a suggestion.

Ari

thanks for this suggestion...my feet are soaking in the vinegar solution as we speak!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Avon's Cracked Heal Relief cream will solve your problem. It solved my feet problems.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
My heels still look like sandpaper.

Sad we have the same problem!
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Along with cream I keep a hand held foot file (like they use in pedicures) in my shower. I use it daily after I've been in the shower a few minutes (when the skin is soft) and this keeps my heels from building up. Before I did that, it was a problem for me too.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
I use olive or sunflower oil, just rub it into your rough skin after bath. As for a diet, try to include vegetable oil with salads. Flax and fish oil is also good. You can buy them at any drug store.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 1:16 am      Reply with quote
I never go barefoot except in the house. Grandma made me paranoid by telling me I'd get hookworm Shock

I use those gel socks from Bliss after a long soak in the ionix detox footbath.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 7:35 am      Reply with quote
since we're on the subject of feet.... does anyone have a remedy for dry ankles???

i'm afraid that even when i was rockclimbing and such, my feet have always been pretty soft and supple so all this foot filing stuff just baffles me. never needed it in the past, hopefully never will.... but my poor little protruding ankle bones get rubbed by boots, carpet (sitting on the floor), and nearly everything in sight. those are as dry as i imagine most peoples feet are.. would a foot balm or Candy's therapy work for the ankle area? would the vinegar soak work for it along with rubbing from a loofah (i am not using a file on my ankles, thank you very much!)?
Racecargirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:

This is what I do as well. I like Barielle's foot cream. It's rich and soothing. I use the Tweezerman foot buffer. It's ceramic but feels like pumice so it'll last forever.

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I used the Vinegar last night...what does the Vinegar do ~except make a gag when I smell it??

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I posted a reply but it's not here! Okay, what I said was. The vinegar & water bath should have exfoliated your feet right then and there and softened the dry spots so the rasp could just buff them away. I do this every 2 weeks because I spend my summers barefoot or in sandals.

A

Try this again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
I love Gold Bond Healing Lotion. It really works quite well and is inexpensive, too!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with moisturizing internally and externally. Internally: drink plenty of water and take Omega 3-6-9 supplements (or use the oils in salad dressing, etc.). You may also want to try taking a hyaluronic acid (HA) supplement (there are a couple threads at EDS on the use of HA internally).

Externally, exfoliate feet with something like the Microplane Foot Orb (it's especially good because it collects the flakes as you use it), then use a moisturizer.

You may want to use an extra creamy moisturizer with socks overnight or get spa gel socks like the ones Bliss makes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
As many have said, a good file and rich cream. Last summer, this didn't even help me much though. Since its gotten warmer here in Colorado, I had one bout of rough skin on my heels and bottoms of feet a few weeks back. I currently bought Johnson and Johnson Extra Care Healing Softcream to use on my hands as I wash very often, and decided to put this on the rough skin on my feet. The morning after, it was gone. Maybe it's the addition of mineral oil (or I believe any oil would do the job if not better than mineral) but I'm excited to try it again to see if I have the same 'response' (but I need to wait until they become rough again...). So, maybe you can try something like this.....good luck. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
i think that cracking is mostly genetics so i would suggest that ask those people who have the same problem. Cuz I believed that even the most epensive cream would not doit
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 11:28 am      Reply with quote
I think exfoliaion is definitely the key...

I use exfoliation gloves (rialto brand) as my louffah everytime I shower so my whole body, including my heals stay smooth.

and then I just use aveeno moisturing for extra dry skin all over...the stuff is great.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Try using a lotion with AHAs to maintain your soft feet once you get rid of the dry skin build up. i use Neostrata 10% glycolic acid body lotion on my feet but someone mentioned a less expensive lotion in another subject post called St. Ives Renewal cream...I think.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |