Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Jurlique vs. Dr. H CC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
ok so many people have been wondering what the difference between the two of these cleansing creams are. Jurlique and Dr. H CC both are meant to gently exfoliate with their natural crushed almonds as a main ingrediant while de-congest pores from deep down to the pores.

I have used Dr. H first while reading the reviews on EDS, i bought the cleansing milk and cleansing cream. Wash my face in the am and pm with the cleansing milk to prep my skin for the cleansing cream. Using the press and roll motion of the cream i would do that for a minute and then leave the cream on for another minute and rinse off, or take a wet towel and wipe off. The smell of the Dr. H cleansing milk is wonderful, has sort of a flowery smell to it, and the texture is of thick, rich cream. The smell of the cleansing cream is sort of like beer, many people can't stand the smell. The texture is of fine crushed almond and is easily spreadible onto the face.
I have combo skin and sometimes it can be real dry, using Dr. H line, i found it definately helped with the dryness as well as help w/ decongested pores. I love this product.
So i decide to try Jurlique to try out the difference. I purchased Jurlique make-up remover cleanser and Jurlique cleansing cream. I must say, Jurlique is a more expensive line to purchase. Anyways i wash my face with the Jurlique make-up remover to remove make-up and dirt (it didnt remove heavy make up from face such as mascara or foundation.. i would suggest using a real make-up remover before using this cleanser) then after make-up/dirt is gone i used the cleansing cream. The cream has a totally different texture than that of Dr. H CC. It was much more thick and grainy, instead of fine particles of almonds, the almond and oat peices are thick which really makes it hard to spread onto the face without chunks falling off. The smell is more lovely than DR.H... instead of the smell of beer it is more like vanilla, honey and oats. I've done the same routine with Jurlique as i've done with DR.H and i have found Jurlique to have a real drying affect on my face and palms of my hands (as i do the press and roll motion after a couple weeks of using) It did help as with DR. H to de-congest my pores but it has really left my skin dry Sad
I would suggest Jurlique for those with really oily prone skin and Dr. H for those with more dry/combo skin.
As for acne, many people either hate it or love it for acne prone skin. My purging process didn't last for too long as some people may experience but both have toned down my acne when i used these products everyday.
hope this helps Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thankyou for such a wonderful review, I use the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream from time to time and have often wondered how the Jurlique compares.
I think I will be sticking with the Dr H Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Jurlique feels to have more alcohol or astringent ingredients, my face actually tingles if I use Jurlique CC after a hot shower.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
I guess I am the only who is always in love with Jurlique Face Wash Cream. I have combo-normal skin. I didn't find it hard to spread. I always add couples drops of water to make it into a paste on my palm first. I don't think it dried out my skin. Just after using it twice a day for a while, there is no more need to exfoliate manually twice a day. So, I just use it once a day at night.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
You aren't the only one who loves Jurlique Face Wash Cream, I do too. I mix a few drops of water or AHC water with it and apply using press and roll. I use Jurlique twice a day on alternate days (I use NIA24 scrub in the morning and Jurlique in the evening every other day). It didn't dry me out at all. It did, however, clean out my pores extremely well. So well in fact that I no longer get deep acne, even at that TOTM. When I occasionally get a pimple now it is a small one and right under the surface, never a deep one like I used to get. I won't be without Jurlique Face Wash Cream.

For makeup removal I am not sure what the OP used, but Jurlique Cleansing Lotion removes all my makeup including my silicone-based foundation (SK-II Airtouch).
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
When I wear eye makeup, I will take it off using normal eye makeup remover from Lancome. I always wash my face with Cetaphil then follow with JFWC.
But, I am on the hunt for a new cleanser with more balanced ph.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
bcgirl
you really do a good job!
i like to use DR.H CC!
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks BCgirl for the review. We have similar skin type and I am glad you found DR.H CC works for your skin type. I will give it a try one of these days. BTW, do you know not Dr H line can be found in The Bay now. But their price is not as good as EDS.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
thank you Thank you THANK YOU BCGIRL!!!
I've been sooo waiting for a review like this!

You rock!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 9:14 am      Reply with quote
also just to let you know, here are the pricing for Jurlique and Dr. H

Jurlique face wash cream: 40 ml = $31
Jurlique cleansing lotion - make up remover: 100 ml = $38 (this stuff smells wonderful like citrus)

Dr. H Cleansing Cream: 50ml = $26
Dr. H Cleansing Milk: 145 ml = $36

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Excellent comparative review! Thanks much.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the review.

I have never tried DHCC, but have been using Jurlique Face Wash Cream for about 2 weeks now. During the first week, I used it twice a day after OP Rose Cleansing Gel in the morning and Eve Lom Cleanser in the evening. Now I'm only using it once a day in the morning. So far, I've experienced no extra dryness (nothing more than my normally dry dehydrated skin already is) or irritation at all. I also haven't experienced any purging either which makes me wonder if I've been using it right. What I understand of press and roll method is to first spread the product all over my face, then gently press it onto my skin, lift up my hands and do the same moving around the face. Do I get it right? Hmm...anyway, I still see some blackheads on my nose and cheek though, but they're nothing bad at all.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I'm currently using mostly Dr.Hauschka products. Thought of trying Jurlique products, so I bought the Rose Shower Gel. To my surprise, I found Sodium Laureth Sulphate on the ingredients listing. Kinda disappointing... think I should stick to my Dr.Hauschka.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I found a lot of "naughty" ingredients like that popping up on Jurlique labels, which is why I have never tried the line. Sad It looks nice, though!
Sassenach
5% products discount

Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the useful comparison. I'd like to try Jurlique, but it's just too pricey for me. I've just begun using Dr H, and having good reactions to the products [expect for the Rose Eye Cream, which I found irritating.]
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:47 am      Reply with quote
I like Dr.Hauschka products, its because their sensation, i feel more relax, but its a bit oily for me..

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:56 am      Reply with quote
DrH CC broke me out Sad
I`ve used more than a half of a tube, but it never helped with my pores and blackheads and gave me pimples instead.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |