Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
favorite moisturizor for dry skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tthagen1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Okay all you dry skin people out there. I would really like to know what is a favorite moisturizor. I just can't seem to find one that I absolutely love.

I use PSF skincare line and also Skin Biology - and I love the products - EXCEPT - for their moisturizors.

Please help with what has worked for you.

Terri
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
if you don't mind the price, i heard many of my friends recommended la mer or valmont.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
i like La mer for intense moisturizing, it was really thick and rich and very expensive!
I would recommend Dr. H rose day cream.. it is a nice moisturizer that really hydrates the skin, great for dry skin.. it costs about $37 CDN

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Seconding the Dr. H rose day cream recommendation. It's done wonders for me, even during long, dry winters.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
i'm dry skin too, i know many people recommend dr.h rose day cream,i also have ever used this product sample,but i feel not rich enough!

maybe i have a problem skin!? Sad
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
I have dry skin and I really like using Vichy Thermal Fix 2 or La Roche Posay Hydraphase Rich.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Another dry skinned gal here, and surprisingly, a very good moisturizer that is not expensive is Serious Skincare's Olive Oil Moisturizer. Really nice, sinks in quickly, hydrates the skin. It doesn't smell great, but you get used to it pretty quickly. On E-Bay you can get it for under $20. If you can, Serious Skincare's Omega 3 serum is also wonderfully moisturizing. Again - on Ebay you can get it for $20.

Maria Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I just wrote another post at the Nuxe thread about Creme Fraiche 24 H. I was either searching for the perfect cream before I found it. I highly recomend it. I have bought some much more expensive creams and did´t get the results I am having with this cream. It is worth a try !
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 7:55 am      Reply with quote
also if you have really dry skin, make sure you exfoliate the skin to get the flaky top layer of skin off before you put on your moisturizer

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 8:13 am      Reply with quote
shanno wrote:
Seconding the Dr. H rose day cream recommendation. It's done wonders for me, even during long, dry winters.

I'm thirding the Rose Day Cream...it has been a lifesaver for me, too, during the coldest, driest of winters here in eastern Canada. Another winner (but more expensive) is B. Kamins Maple cream....awesome stuff if you are dry.. but if you're just suffering from dehyration then beware: you could end up breaking out.... but if you are a true dry skin (or if you snowmobile or ski) then it is an awesome barrier cream.
pudoodles
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I recommend vitamin E for very dry skin.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
shanno wrote:

I'm thirding the Rose Day Cream...it has been a lifesaver for me, too, during the coldest, driest of winters here in eastern Canada. Another winner (but more expensive) is B. Kamins Maple cream....awesome stuff if you are dry.. but if you're just suffering from dehyration then beware: you could end up breaking out.... but if you are a true dry skin (or if you snowmobile or ski) then it is an awesome barrier cream.
pudoodles

I'm fourthing (is there such word???) Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream. It is very rich and thick, so you only need to use a small amount at a time. I also like a combination of emu oil mixed with Yon-Ka serum. It's worked really well on my dry skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I've loved Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream for the long Scottish winters. It worked fine for me. I seam to get really dry bits on my chin and tip of my nose in cold weather, but this helped with that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I've recently discovered the "Good Skin" line at Kohls and really like it (by Estee Lauder & a NY derm). The ingredients are wonderful, price is right and fragrance free. The All Bright & All Firm moisture creams are wonderful and if you have a Kohls close by or can order on line, worth looking into!

5% products discount

Mon May 14, 2007 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I have started using yonka serum and elastine day cream. I am prone to eczema and have aggravated it with IS clinical products. The Yonka serum is clearing up the scaly patches. I am 49 with dry skin prone to nasty rashes, eczema and the occasional collection of pimples.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Maria1 wrote:
I have dry skin and I really like using Vichy Thermal Fix 2 or La Roche Posay Hydraphase Rich.

Vichy Thermal Fix 2
i like this too, it clam down my extremely dry skin last year!
tthagen1
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
I think I am going to order the Dr H. rose cream. It seems like a lot of you out there like this product.

What do you think about using it at night?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |