Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
dermawand vs oxylight
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
I read in one of the posts that dermawand is stronger than the oxylight... Is this true? I ordered the oxylight over a year ago and sent it back. I dont remember dermawand even being available because i thought i remember reading the oxylight replaced it.

I would like to give the dermawand a try - but only if I know it is stronger (better) than the oxylight.

THANKS
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know because I never tried oxylight. I do have Dermawand and totally forgot that I have it. I should try it again because I did find that it helped speed up the process of any breakouts.
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 7:59 am      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
I read in one of the posts that dermawand is stronger than the oxylight... Is this true? I ordered the oxylight over a year ago and sent it back. I dont remember dermawand even being available because i thought i remember reading the oxylight replaced it.

I would like to give the dermawand a try - but only if I know it is stronger (better) than the oxylight.

THANKS

I just called the US distributor. I've bought my Dermawand from him in town. He says the Oxylight puts out 10,000 cycles/sec, while the Dermawand puts out 110,000 cycles/sec, so it's much stronger. The Dermawands actually replaced the Oxylight. He no longer sells Oxylights, but you can find them from other vendors. I think you're better off going with the Dermawand.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
not sure if my reponse posted since I added a link...

Thanks

but i found a website after doing a search for dermawand/oxylight and it said the complete opposite. Which is what i remember reading when i first purchased the oxylight.

But if you spoke with a distributor - im just extremely confused now.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Dermawand is much stronger from what I heard too.. Even on their website it says dermawand sends out 114,000 cycles per second.

http://www.dermawand.com/
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
not sure if my reponse posted since I added a link...

Thanks

but i found a website after doing a search for dermawand/oxylight and it said the complete opposite. Which is what i remember reading when i first purchased the oxylight.

But if you spoke with a distributor - im just extremely confused now.

Hi,

If you do a google on "oxylight cycles" you will find references that confirm the cycles/sec is about 10,000 in the Oxylight. I actually went to the distributors house, and he showed me the difference by letting me feel the Oxylight at it's max setting as compared to the Dermawand, and you can really feel a difference. The Dermawand at its quarter setting is equivalent to the maximum Oxylight setting according to him. I asked him why the Dermawand wasn't cordless like the Oxylight, and he said it wouldn't be as powerful if it wasn't directly plugged into the socket. He said all the professionals are buying the Dermawands and the Oxylights are being phased out. He sells alot to estheticians. You can also call the distributor at his 800 number and chat with him yourself. He's usually quick to respond and very helpful. Here is a link to his telephone number and website:

http://www.dermawand.net/contactus.html
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't even realize the Oxylight is/was cordless.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
I didn't even realize the Oxylight is/was cordless.

It's not really cordless in the sense that you could use it without being plugged into an outlet. It had an electrical adapter which you had to plug into the end of the unit in order to use it. That's what I meant. The Dermawand has the electrical cord permanently attached to the unit.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Ok I believe you Smile

i tried to post the link that stated the exact opposite. Maybe its an older website - did they possibly make changes to the dermawand currently making it stronger than oxylight??

anyway, guess it doesnt matter. Ill try it and see for myself!

THANKS for your responses!!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |